+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: [REQUEST] Adjust Submarine Stats & Functionality

Hey I know add costumes to submarines, maybe they will get attention then. FFS you can even sell them in the marketplace.
    Submarines:
    Too high price for gilda
    Too high price to get Machining to 25000 to be able to craft items to be able to use the submarine for any use
    You have a donkey that can be used instead
    You have a dolphin that people can use instead
    Can survive in the sea of graves because it's a mount instead of a machine

I wish I could get my $150 back I spent for primarily for this pos submarine.

We really need to do a subgate next livestream to bring it back up to their attention

Quote Originally Posted by AgentRed View Post
    We really need to do a subgate next livestream to bring it back up to their attention
    I'm down, Let's get a #SubGate out!

If our version of 2.5 "Bloodsong" is going to incorporate the raising of ships in 2.5 that the Korean game does submarines will come back into being popular because you'll need the submarine to blow the debris off the boats before you can raise it to the surface w/ bags.
    http://archeage.xlgames.com/wikis/%E...9D%B8%EC%96%91

Quote Originally Posted by Yorick View Post
    Thank you Archaelin, I am actually willing to have a full discussion on What would be better to have and Those points you do not agree with. As I'm just trying to throw out ideas from my viewpoint and gameplay point. It would be great to have a point of view from someone who plays differently.
    tbh the one with chrom being a scout sub and have lower radar then onix witch is attack should be changed.
    a scout should be a scout and there for have bigger radar wile and attack sub should have a shorter radar.
    if not you can just use the onix as scout even the lack of base speed almost replace the higher radar range.

also the onix should have 1-2 lower speed then chrom since its and attack sub and not scout like the chrom
    scouts are always fast wile attack things are made slow due to high defence and/or heavey weapons.

as for oxygen tank i think they should be made permanent on all subs regarding tier. what is a sub without oxygen tank?
    instead make it upgradable to enchant the duration

as for speed, they should be punished a bit more for going above water then 1ms(reason implated to go under not over)

Torpedos: they should do ALOT of siege damage 1200 is no were near strong enough. maybe 3-5000 damage(longer CD and cost alot more)
    in my eyes subs should be able to sink an Galleon in about 5 hitts and maybe 10 hitts for the lower Tier making ppl want the best one to sink ships
    Galleon 6-9 hitts(depending on sub Tier)
    Fishing boat/tradeship 2-3 hitts
    Clipper 1 hitt
    ofc the more they upgrade there ships the more damage is needed to sink it.

this is my options to how the subs should be modified

This really does need attention. The submarine is useless as it currently is. I can swim faster with my swim fins and swimming title than I can with the submarine which does not make any sense. The ONLY reason someone would want the submarine is to go underwater treasure hunting which is the reason I wanted one.

Due to the submarines terrible speed it is not useful for searching the bottom of the ocean. The sunken ships are so few and far between that the slow speed kills the fun in searching the ocean for treasures.

It's come to my attention that there is a plan to lower the spawn rate of sunken chests. After 3 months of play and about 15 hours spent searching for chests I've only ever found 2 right next to each other. I've found several sunken ships (50 to 100 of them) however there are never chests there.

Please either fix the speed of the submarine to make it useful in any way (10 speed like a mount maybe or slightly better) or Consider leaving the spawn rate on sunken chests alone or even improving their spawn rate to get people into the ocean again. (The oceans are bare and lack people or reasons for people to be there.)

Another year and still now info since nerf D:

Because someone will read it soon or later (and hope Trion and XLGames read it too) I will say what I hope for Submarines (without take about the 2.5 patch), taking some ideas post before.

1.- Better Basic Stats
    No sense why a sumarine need either a songcraft and/or tailfin to go fast as a clipper with BASIC-RARE GEARS, even player can go faster with tittle buff and gears; also the tradepack penality is so bad, though is a pet, the submarine is too slow, I like the idea to make traderuns without the fear of radars and without buying/using a shourdlight, if cost more than a clipper, it should have better stats than one.
    A speed of 9.0 for gildas/copper submarines and 10.0 for onix and chrome and maybe a slow down of 7.0 and 8.0 with tradepack
    Also, for Coppers Submarines, it could equip like the other, (or at least the oxygen tank only)

2.- Upgrade System to Submarine Gears
    Like ship components and battle pet gears, submarines need a upgrade system, I know you like upgrade systems in everything, and make some sense of the need of 25k in machining to make the best gear of it.
    A upgrade system where you need the first to make the second, and instead archeum, you need charcoal, rock salt, crystal or dragon essence stabilizer to craft it. (plus other material from maching of course)

Oxygen tank have 3 tiers
    1st.- You can respire it as normal (5k Machining)
    2nd.- You and your partner can respire it (15k) need the first tier
    3rd.- Both Riders and Submarine are immunes to Sea of Graves' Debuff (25k) need the 2nd tier, 3 abyssal crystal (from the event of Abyssal Attack of course) and maybe a boss drop

Sonar have 3 tiers as well (copper submarine unable to use it)
    1st.- Radar of 300m (5k)
    2nd.- Radar of 500m (15k)
    3rd.- Radar of 750m (25k), Chrome's Stealth has the same duration than it cd

Tailfins have 3 tiers
    1st.- speed of 5% and don't need a rare drop (0 machining)
    2nd.- speed of 10% (10k)
    3rd.- speed of 20% (20k)

Bust Engine have 3 tier, and have a different effect with each submarine in the last tier
    1st.- 15% Speed buff for 5 seconds (5k)
    2nd.- 20% Speed buff for 5 seconds (15k)
    3rd.- 30% speed buff for 5 seconds (25k)
    - (Gildas and Onix) Can rush to target and deal damage on impact (if enemy), if self or non-target, work as normal
    - (Chrome) Gain Imunnity to damage and debuffs. Can cast while Stealthed without break it.
    - No bonus effect for Copper

At Tier 3 you can fuse both Tailfin and Bust Engine in one (need 40k in machining)

Torpedos and Air cannons have 5 tiers and like obsidian gears 2-3 types in the middle
    Torpedo: 1st and 2nd Deal only damage
    Upgrade A) Deal bonus damage to ships' Propellers and Figureheads and Iceberg and great "On-Fire" Debuff (Deal damage :V)
    Upgrade B) Deal mix dagame (Siege and Normal Damage) but have long range than upgrade A
    Upgrade C) can fuse with Oxygen tank tier 2 but can't be upgrade further

Air Cannon: 1st and 2nd Deal damage and push the target only
    Upgrade A) Stun the target for 2-4 seconds, the stun can't be remove util expires
    Upgrade B) Push farther and knockback the submarine, can use while moving and break battle up to use
    Upgreade C) can fuse with Sonar Tier 2 but can't be upgrade further

3rd, 4th and 5th need 10k, 20k and 30k in maching

3.- More thing in the Seas

Even with the next 2.5 patch, the rest of the ocean is dead, find tresures is a good idea, but what about gather other materials in the deep ocean as well? similar to anya or starshard, why don't add other minerals under water, or even exotics plants, where you must use submarine skills to cut or find those.
    -Add a Mineal how need the torpedo to break it
    -Add more Corals how need Air cannon de clear the area a gather them

Well, hope some read it, see you later

Quote Originally Posted by Virusanti View Post
    3.- More thing in the Seas
    Even with the next 2.5 patch, the rest of the ocean is dead, find tresures is a good idea, but what about gather other materials in the deep ocean as well? similar to anya or starshard, why don't add other minerals under water, or even exotics plants, where you must use submarine skills to cut or find those.
    -Add a Mineal how need the torpedo to break it
    -Add more Corals how need Air cannon de clear the area a gather them

Well, hope some read it, see you later
    I would love to see more wild coral in the sea, I've found areas for pearls, but not coral and really there should be some.

Great list btw, would love to build this someday (especially the torpedo cannon/airtank)
    Server: Conviction
    Faction: East/West

Experience colours perception.

also make submarines swim down faster pls

k thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast