+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: [REQUEST] Change event times between NA & EU [UPDATED 1/13]

1.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #1
    ArcheAge Associate Producer Celestrata Bloodsong's Avatar

[REQUEST] Change event times between NA & EU [UPDATED 1/13]

1/13/16 Update -- There has still been no new information on this particular issue. The focus is currently being placed onto Bloodsong (Update 2.5) in order to get it ready for launch. When this issue comes up again with the development team, we will update this thread.

Description: Due to the way ArcheAge was originally coded, the game only supports a single timezone for recurring events such as Crimson Rift, Grimgast Rift, Abyssal Attack, etc. The result is a unified set of events across both the NA and EU regions, causing some events to go off too early or late for various time zones.

Status: The team discussed this as the lead issue during the most recent meeting between Trion & XLGAMES. Trion is very interested in adding controls that would allow us to separate the event schedules between regions and allow us to run events at more convenient times for everyone.
    Seraphina "Celestrata" Brennan
    Associate Producer, ArcheAge
    Scheherazade -- Morpheus <Haranya Preservation Society>

Looking for help? Contact our support team! | Visit the website for the latest news
    | Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

PLEASE PLEASE DO THIS!

Also, random event timers would be great too.

Just imageine if we did not know when to expect the gold trader on freedich, or when luscas would spawn!

Couldn't you just split the cluster, or is the EU/NA labor/loyalty exploit intended?

Quote Originally Posted by stupidgirl View Post
    PLEASE PLEASE DO THIS!

Also, random event timers would be great too.

Just imageine if we did not know when to expect the gold trader on freedich, or when luscas would spawn!
    agree with event time change, disagree strongly with RNG event times: some of us have jobs and lives outside of our MMORPG, having consistent and known times when to be online and plan our schedule around is needed.

Random times for the gold trader at the very least. I've never went up there during the gold trader times but I assume it's heavily camped by someone or people are sitting on the trader before it even spawns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rngesus View Post
    God I love these threads; they make me feel so warm and fuzzy inside.
    Devout worshipper of RNGesus and Scapes, dual wielder of keyboards, 180k wordsmith. I'm Leeroygankins, now stop asking who I am in-game
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage1337 View Post
    It's insulting to see that Trion put forth ANY effort into "saving sheepie".

Really is saddening...
    Savage hates Sheepie

yeah not all events, but there are some that would have better gameplay if they were random.

Hi,

How about pushing castle siege timing to Saturday, 1pm PST / 9pm GMT insteal of Sunday, 1pm PST / 9pm GMT. This will enable a more competitive PVP in castle sieging.

Regards

Ok I understand the coding issue. Simple fix. Add additional events to cover the prime time AM & PM for NA and EU servers.

Also update event calendar to show local NA or EU game times and not in GMT. 90% of the players have no clue what the conversion is for GMT to i.e. PST.

Quote Originally Posted by RivenCsky View Post
    Ok I understand the coding issue. Simple fix. Add additional events to cover the prime time AM & PM for NA and EU servers.

Also update event calendar to show local NA or EU game times and not in GMT. 90% of the players have no clue what the conversion is for GMT to i.e. PST.
    that's because stupid people introduced this stupid system. If everyone would use the official successor of GMT, which is UTC it would be clear what time it is all around the world.

(hint: UTC works like GMT, with added/substracted hours displayed, e.g. UTC-8 is PST)
    SHIRATEN is love.
    SHIRATEN is life.

I see three potential options to help solve this issue for the vast majority of players.

1) Fix the coding issue
    Pros) it's fixed
    Cons) takes a lot of work

2) Have a separate release for servers in NA versus EU
    Pros) the times are more relevant for both regions
    Cons) Possibility of unique bugs to each region, more maintenance, more work. Possible de-sync between regions.

3) Introduce more events with daily quests restrictions (i.e. run Halcyona event 3 times per day but limit rewards to daily participation. I.e. you only get the reward once per day)
    Pros) More flexibility in attending events. Uniform between EU/NA.
    Cons) Some events cannot be affected by this (i.e. Abyssal Kraken) as that would create undue over-rewarding.

The major problem is that the game was developed for one time zone, however the game was introduced to more or less the rest of the world. Covering time zones from Australia, New Zealand, Parts of North America and South America, Parts of Europe. How could you possibly think there will be a universal time appropriate for all these time zones. Something needs to change to adapt to multiple time zones.

THe "fortress defend" event timing is broken. Last 4 times were in EU dead times.
    ~9:30 CET in working day
    2:20 CET (in the night/morning) in the weekend
    3/5 fortress events start when I am offline. This is funny, because I am "junkie players" (last 2/5 online wars result: 1 destroyed fortress, 1 win)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast