+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: [REQUEST] Change event times between NA & EU [UPDATED 1/13]

Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata Bloodsong View Post
    Description: Due to the way ArcheAge was originally coded, the game only supports a single timezone for recurring events such as Crimson Rift, Grimgast Rift, Abyssal Attack, etc. The result is a unified set of events across both the NA and EU regions, causing some events to go off too early or late for various time zones.

Status: The team discussed this as the lead issue during the most recent meeting between Trion & XLGAMES. Trion is very interested in adding controls that would allow us to separate the event schedules between regions and allow us to run events at more convenient times for everyone.
    The new proposed events times by Trion for the main EU time zones are NOW way too early,before it was too late
    Wasn't it the purpose of this change to change it for a better time ?
    Why does Trion wants to change it to put it even worse than before ??.

*searching for logic*

There is no logic. Trion treats this game as a cash cow, it limps it along following the path of least resistance and puts absolutely no effort into actually making the game better for its customers. They will check this off their list like they accomplished something, list it in future accomplishments of all that they have done, but in reality they just changed bad for different bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Miichi View Post
    The new proposed events times by Trion for the main EU time zones are NOW way too early,before it was too late
    Wasn't it the purpose of this change to change it for a better time ?
    Why does Trion wants to change it to put it even worse than before ??.

*searching for logic*
    There was logic in the times, just not good logic. At least they saw the error and are fixing it.
    Server: Conviction
    Faction: East/West

Experience colours perception.

Quote Originally Posted by Culland View Post
    There is no logic. Trion treats this game as a cash cow, it limps it along following the path of least resistance and puts absolutely no effort into actually making the game better for its customers. They will check this off their list like they accomplished something, list it in future accomplishments of all that they have done, but in reality they just changed bad for different bad.
    The NA players that are logging to farm are going to have a blast with the events that they will never participate in. Crunching numbers but not realising where numbers come from can be lethal for a company. So Trion, the window, was it really based on the amount of people logged in during the day on the EU servers? You will be thanked by the NA players (no offense to them ofc, they can't help it).

When I look at the activity in the various guilds on our server, it really starts to come alive around 20:00 CEST (18:00 GMT). At 12:00 (10:00 GMT) you can be glad to have like 25% of active players around then.

So everyone working during the day or actually having any kind of outer-game activity will have very boring evenings.

Lightbulb

I agree with this and also change the EU maintence times to much later time on Tuesday, just an hour or two is all I ask it makes me fed up every Tuesday to come on at 1am (Since the merit badges don't properly reset just to get a message "Hey guy who decided to just suddenly log on: You got an hour to do something before we make it impossible for you to do anything for 3-7 hours whilst we maintain the servers). It's so infuriating I am actually considering switch to NA because of how inconvenient it is to basically not be able to do anything because your GMT and my GMT are always an hour behind! Why should I have to put up with this? Why do NA servers get better times whilst we get messed about because we aren't in your time zone! It's a bit unfair really.

I would suggest in a separate thread that's more relavent but it seems that no-one is allowed to post their own suggestion to the forums so it seems clear that the only way I can get a moderator's attention about this issue however small it may seem is to post in a slightly relevant thread. Could you be so kind as to answer why our times have been lacking co-ordination as per the NA servers? I would like to know that Trion is at least aware of the problems concerning times not only just for the events but for the maintence as well.

I may take into consideration that if Trion support actually sees to it we are being treated equally fair and not just ignored and left on the sidewalk in the rain. I feel disheartened that my game is put on hold every time this happens just because the timing is slightly off. And yes, better hope nothing expires between that period of time I lose because I'm not likely to get what I lost back am I?

Kind Regards
    W0lfhammer.

Just to clarify

This is what we get:
    GMT Wednesday 2am (Not a chance noob come back 5 hours)
    GMT Wednesday 7am (Better wake up noob we fixed the servers)
    GMT Wednesday 3pm (Oh back from "work" noob get a move on!)
    GMT Thursday 0:00am (Want to do an event? Good luck it's either Lusca or MM at 2am for you noob!)
    GMT Thursday 0:01am (Don't care I'm off to sleep!)

That's a whole 7-8 hours I'm behind on farming/doing events because the servers are down.

If this doesn't get changed in about 2-3 months I'll consider swapping servers as I can't enjoy my time being wasted like this every Wednesday it's just not fun I might as well have an American shouting slurs because at least I'd be able to play without this problem every time. By that time I hope I'll actually have the armour to do something in game rather than getting beat up because that guy played a few months/year beforehand.
    Sometimes I think pirates are so bored they skip rocks between trade routes because they need something to do =P

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10