+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: [REQUEST] Change event times between NA & EU [UPDATED 1/13]

How about reducing the number of events overall. Why do we need to do these events every day. I feel like my entire archeage experience is on a schedule now. Why not change some of these events to weekly or every other day (like abyssal) instead of daily. I'm sure more people would attend if these things were less frequent with more rewards. Let us go back to a more relaxed sandbox experience, not the on-rails themepark experience we get from timed events.

well, I think that having the special event timers different than the daily event timers of mm and abyss etc. I for 1 would rather XL and Trion make sure they WORK properly and arent a idiotic sardine can like the hollowtide candy event in 2 crowns arena. every event its 50 to 100+ players all trying to cram on top of each other to click the stone and npc first. then to just find out ya wasted yer time because the quest bugged out and you didnt get squat. No more, fix it before you release it, if you cant fix it, then skip it and dont release it.

then you have outside interference people using cows to crap on the quest chests, or using mail box's, opening portals or using class skills to interfere with other players attempting to enjoy the event and have fun. its a PITA

Quote Originally Posted by Expendable View Post
    How about reducing the number of events overall. Why do we need to do these events every day. I feel like my entire archeage experience is on a schedule now. Why not change some of these events to weekly or every other day (like abyssal) instead of daily. I'm sure more people would attend if these things were less frequent with more rewards. Let us go back to a more relaxed sandbox experience, not the on-rails themepark experience we get from timed events.
    This 100%.

They even have the portals in Austera now all lined up in a row like a themepark. Get on one ride, hero call back, get on next ride, etc etc.
    This is killing the game.
    (●ω`●) Hairball #1 Anime Healer NA (。◕‿◕。)
    C@ - RP Chef - Confessor

If Trion gets the ability to set the timer for NA and EU separately this solves a LOT of issues. Once that is done we have a small window to work in and a better chance to get a optimal time for the events.

These generally are only for the events that use RL time for input (AK, Luscas, MM, Seasonals and the like)
    Ones that use the in game timer, CR/GR, don't need a fix since their quests are daily and they rotate effectively every 4 hrs.
    Server: Conviction
    Faction: East/West

Experience colours perception.

+1

THIS is the answer. Trion needs to be the ones to set the event times and of course to make them fit the two regions: NA and EU.
    Former coder, current stress tester

+1

We desperately need separate timers. This would hopefully allow a slightly more relaxed event schedule as you are trying to please less time zones.

Currently I get home from work and have a really short time to do dailies, guild quests, and one rift if I'm lucky, and then it's straight into Abyssal, Luscas, Mistmerrow, Halcy ... it's really starting to feel like a boring grind - especially as the weekend feels so sparse. Apart from Halcy, there aren't really any other timed events during the daytime (GMT) and then it's a frantic panic to complete all evening events.

I would prefer less / more spaced out events during the week and a more packed weekend. I think separating the game times would allow this to be an option.

This sub-forum was the best thing ever created since the launch of AA <3
    Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrolan View Post
    You're right when you say that the class doesn't have the 1.0 impact it used to.
    Truth be told a chosen class is only a small representation of a player's sphere of influence. What is lacking in combat ability can absolutely be made up for with social savvy.
    -Khro
    #SaveArchery - When "social savvy" is a Producer's response in how to fix Archery.

Event times need changing to cover different time zones

Please when doing events remember the Oceanic people & shift workers in all areas.
    Suggestions for special events (eg Hallowtide)
    Have them running every 4 hours around the clock but you are only able to do them a specific number of times a day. That way everyone gets a chance to work & sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanyeka View Post
    Please when doing events remember the Oceanic people & shift workers in all areas.
    Suggestions for special events (eg Hallowtide)
    Have them running every 4 hours around the clock but you are only able to do them a specific number of times a day. That way everyone gets a chance to work & sleep.
    +1

As I am an Australian the events aren't always at a great time for me and I know EU suffers as well (although probably not as much).

So instead of making the Event times bias towards Americans why not just have events take place at an optimal time for all?

For example, the candy throwing event for Hallowtide could've been every 4 hours. This would've allowed all players across the world to be able to attend at least a few, without having to worry about work, school etc and we would've been able to get most of the items (giving us extra tokens makes no difference to you so why deny them to us?).

Having Abyssal every 12 hours would probably work for everyone too. I have never been to an Abyssal event because it is at an abysmal time for Australians (especially during Winter). But if you were to have another one 12 hours after the first it would be perfect for Oceanic players.

As for Mistmerrow, it would also be nice if they had corresponding times of 12 hours as well.

Luscas should be put back the way they were before you nerfed them to once a day. Every 4 hours makes it fair for everyone all over the world. Making it a daily event that conflicts with Mistmerrow is just not ideal. It is also near impossible to kill one with the amount of galleons about!

If it's too difficult to find an optimal time then adding extra events at opposite times should be fairly easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Expendable
    Quote Originally Posted by Lin View Post
    This 100%.

They even have the portals in Austera now all lined up in a row like a themepark. Get on one ride, hero call back, get on next ride, etc etc.
    This is killing the game.

Hey if these people don't want the events, Oceanic will take them all

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast