+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: [REQUEST] Change event times between NA & EU [UPDATED 1/13]

So, about daylight savings time. Please look into this!

Quote Originally Posted by Valfreya View Post
    So, about daylight savings time. Please look into this!
    This, this and more THIS !

As a working adult, the event times just became nearly impossible (and for much of the guild I am in as well)

I can see at least one or two events at "odd" times, to accommodate those on differing schedules - but the absolute mess that is happening now between 5 and 6 PM Eastern is unacceptable. As it was, it was a struggle to make these events for the majority of my guild. Now it's become almost an impossibility for most.

This needs to change, and Trion definitely needs to step up for this!

Edited to add (since it "appears" (or so I've been told ) that I was "favoring" Eastern) This gets even worse for those in Central, Mountain, and frankly, abysmal for those on Pacific time, and I'm not even considering those from SEA. The timing of events now all but cuts out those with regular 9-5 jobs, the people who have ready access to money for "fun". This is a huge negative for Trion (and yes, I know they aren't in charge of coding, but frankly - they are the face of the game in the west, and like it or not, they do bear responsibility for this)!

Quote Originally Posted by Daelle View Post
    +1

As I am an Australian the events aren't always at a great time for me and I know EU suffers as well (although probably not as much).

So instead of making the Event times bias towards Americans why not just have events take place at an optimal time for all?

For example, the candy throwing event for Hallowtide could've been every 4 hours. This would've allowed all players across the world to be able to attend at least a few, without having to worry about work, school etc and we would've been able to get most of the items (giving us extra tokens makes no difference to you so why deny them to us?).

Having Abyssal every 12 hours would probably work for everyone too. I have never been to an Abyssal event because it is at an abysmal time for Australians (especially during Winter). But if you were to have another one 12 hours after the first it would be perfect for Oceanic players.

As for Mistmerrow, it would also be nice if they had corresponding times of 12 hours as well.

Luscas should be put back the way they were before you nerfed them to once a day. Every 4 hours makes it fair for everyone all over the world. Making it a daily event that conflicts with Mistmerrow is just not ideal. It is also near impossible to kill one with the amount of galleons about!

If it's too difficult to find an optimal time then adding extra events at opposite times should be fairly easy.
    +1 ^ this - as an Australian, I can count on one hand the number of times I have been able to go to Mistmerrow. As far Abyssal goes, only twice and more as a observer than participant. Same issue with other seasonal events e.g.the Hallowtide candy throwing event:

PDT 7am = 2am (sleeping)
    PDT 11am= 6am (getting ready for work)
    PDT 3pm = 10am (at work)
    PDT 7pm = 2pm (at work)

this means that apart for the weekends, assuming no other RL commitments, there is zero chance to participate in a limited time event, and have a chance to earn the number of tokens needed for the items we would like. With other events such as Halcy or Abyssal, it's even worse.

I tend to divide events into 2 categories:

a) those that can be soloed including seasonal events (these should be on frequent schedules or be available any time)
    b) those that require a fair number of players to compete e.g. Abyssal (I can see the logic of a schedule in order to avoid diluting the number of players, especially during the off-peak hours; but please increase the frequencies).

As mentioned above, just put a cap on how often a character can participate in those events if you are concerned about people farming them.

The game is sold and distributed globally, therefore, anyone from around the globe should have fair access and be able to participate to those events.

I pay the same subscription as anyone else in EU or NA, therefore, I am entitled to have the same level of access and value out of the game as anyone else.

I hate to tell you but your not entitled to anything considering your from Aus and either playing on NA or EU servers. That alone should send up a red flag in regards to what you may be able to enjoy about the game that is set to timers. However daylight savings time did just throw a complete wrench into the entire games timing for the entire NA population that has a normal job. AK is now at 4pm est, 3pm cst, and 1pm for those on the west coast..... Luscas are 1 hour later and for most guilds the primary way to get a nice chunk of honor and naval combat for their members. Considering this is an NA cluster with mostly NA customers the fact that you are now alienating your NA people from most the events is not a good idea. As it was it was hard for even those on the east coast to attend any event. Care to explain what we may see for a fast future change ? Or at the very least change what time zone your servers are set to ? I mean seriously in 1998 SOE could change and alter Everquest however they wanted to make this happen and you mean to tell me you didnt see this coming, and known its been a sore spot for people that they cant attend nearly any events ? Come on Trino... get with the game on this one at least.

If Trion get the ability to have two separate timers, the new time of the event should be based on the west coast of the area. This would give the most coverage for the respective zones.

As to Trion seeing this as an issue from the start, oh I fully believe that both XL and Trion saw this. But to those that think some else could have given us I ask who. Cause I did look into this and AA wasn't in bidding for a western release. So instead of us still waiting on a release here in the west due to no-one else wanting to touch the game, we got a chance to play. Remember that.
    Server: Conviction
    Faction: East/West

Experience colours perception.

Ok, so what time exactly for the Hallotide events???? PDT time??? I went there at 7pm and 11am, I didnt see the event

Quote Originally Posted by Enzodin View Post
    Ok, so what time exactly for the Hallotide events???? PDT time??? I went there at 7pm and 11am, I didnt see the event
    If your time zone does daylight savings then you missed it by an hour, arriving late. They posted about the time change and new login tracker in the same thread.
    Server: Conviction
    Faction: East/West

Experience colours perception.

Your working population that works within like 5am-5pm in AMERICA, can never make the majority of events. Halcyona, Mistmerrow, Abysal, Luscas. With the change of daylight savings time we further are prevented from attending events after work. FIX THIS. Do only those not on a set schedule or no job get to attend these events? Because the game currently says "♥♥♥♥ you, you work". :/

Quote Originally Posted by magal View Post
    I hate to tell you but your not entitled to anything considering your from Aus and either playing on NA or EU servers. That alone should send up a red flag in regards to what you may be able to enjoy about the game that is set to timers.
    Australians are just as entitled to play the game as any other customer. I agree that your stance on "you're on the wrong side of the world, you know what you're getting into" is perfectly correct with regards to ping and connection issues. I also agree that complaining about event times when playing on a server outside your region, when said region already has a server is a little ridiculous (eg: EU playing on an NA server) I have to respectfully disagree when it comes to event timings.

Yes, the servers may be branded NA/EU but Trion are advertising the game to the entire western world, and have paying customers from many countries outside of North America/Europe. Either they should implement an Oceanic server with ping and event timers that benefit Australians/New Zealanders, or they need to take into consideration their entire player base when planning the game.

As it stands Australians get the very short end of the stick. Someone from Western Australia, for instance, gets to play Mistmerrow at 1am, then Abyssal at 3am and so on. East coast Australians get it slightly better, with Mistmerrow starting at 4am (Daylight Savings are in effect there) and Abyssal at 7am.

Making the event timers a few hours later would not only serve to make it easier for the Americans to play, as most of the complaints i've seen regarding event timings from them have been "X event starts while i'm still at work/too early" It would also push the events into Australian early morning time. Most Aussies I know are used to waking up at 6am to play events in games that do not have Oceanic servers, so I doubt that mindset would change for the Australian player base of Archeage.

I can't honestly understand how someone can argue against making the events in this game better timed for all nationalities of players (within reason). If you enjoy playing populated events with other players contesting and helping you along, then it's a good change. Making the timers work for both NA and OCE can only bring benefits.
    <Apocrypha>
    Leader
    Ollo West

The problem isn't your argument, its your use of entitled.

I agree that events need to rotate from day to day and stop being on such a strict schedule.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast