+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: [REQUEST] Improve Ayanad Design drop rates [UPDATED 1/13]

I actually like the idea of having to farm these out. I feel like hard working players should hopefully be able to attain them with a little grinding.

However, here are my concerns with this method:

What is the frequency that these will drop? If they remain too rare the point of this system is overlooked, but likewise, if they become too common the Ayanad market will crash and suddenly every level 52 will be running around in Ayanad. I'm not saying it would be a bad thing for Ayanad to go down (it's something that's going to happen regardless) but I still feel that people should have to work hard for better gear. I'd be disappointed for people to suddenly out gear me when I've been working on my T-4 Obsidian for quite some time now.
    Rusgon

Ruston

ABOLISHER - TAHYANG

Even if you get an ayand design every other mob kill, ayanad will be limited by upgradeable delph pieces. And they're going to shoot way up in price because people will actually buy them to upgrade to ayanad
    Quote Originally Posted by Rngesus View Post
    God I love these threads; they make me feel so warm and fuzzy inside.
    Devout worshipper of RNGesus and Scapes, dual wielder of keyboards, 180k wordsmith. I'm Leeroygankins, now stop asking who I am in-game
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage1337 View Post
    It's insulting to see that Trion put forth ANY effort into "saving sheepie".

Really is saddening...
    Savage hates Sheepie

Quote Originally Posted by Moose Wayne View Post
    Even if you get an ayand design every other mob kill, ayanad will be limited by upgradeable delph pieces. And they're going to shoot way up in price because people will actually buy them to upgrade to ayanad
    Except if the price of Delph upgradeables goes up astronomically than everyone and their mom will start to craft weapons/armor and the armor/weapon market will get flooded and in a short period of time the supply will quickly catch up to the demand and crash that market hard.

It's not like archeum is expensive anymore, and crafting houses save mat costs and labor costs and give "shining" pieces will guarantee upgrade success

Quote Originally Posted by Vexassi View Post
    Except if the price of Delph upgradeables goes up astronomically than everyone and their mom will start to craft weapons/armor and the armor/weapon market will get flooded and in a short period of time the supply will quickly catch up to the demand and crash that market hard.

It's not like archeum is expensive anymore, and crafting houses save mat costs and labor costs and give "shining" pieces will guarantee upgrade success
    Except if everyone and their mom start to craft weapons/armor the supply for mats will decrease causing their prices to go up until their is an equilibrium between mat prices/ rate of crafts / gear prices. There will 100% be a spike in delph upgradeable prices, either through speculators buying them up as soon as the update is announced for release or through the increased demand for them with more ayanad designs coming into the market.
    * All I really want to do is get high and play video games.

Aycee | Kyrios | East

CPU: Intel 4790k
    GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V
    Mobo: Asus Maximus VII Formula
    Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengeance
    Case: NZXT Phantom

Quote Originally Posted by Aycee View Post
    Except if everyone and their mom start to craft weapons/armor the supply for mats will decrease causing their prices to go up until their is an equilibrium between mat prices/ rate of crafts / gear prices. There will 100% be a spike in delph upgradeable prices, either through speculators buying them up as soon as the update is announced for release or through the increased demand for them with more ayanad designs coming into the market.
    What mat is hard to get to make armor? Archeum trees have ruined the archeum market and therefore I cannot think of a single resource that cannot be farmed to match an astronomically high demand. I know someone that was sitting on 20k moonlight archeum crystals after a month of farming archeum trees.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexassi View Post
    What mat is hard to get to make armor? Archeum trees have ruined the archeum market and therefore I cannot think of a single resource that cannot be farmed to match an astronomically high demand. I know someone that was sitting on 20k moonlight archeum crystals after a month of farming archeum trees.
    Mineral water would be the limiting factor.
    * All I really want to do is get high and play video games.

Aycee | Kyrios | East

CPU: Intel 4790k
    GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V
    Mobo: Asus Maximus VII Formula
    Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengeance
    Case: NZXT Phantom

Could try turning libary mats into tradeable mats, then more people will farm libary to sell mats thus indirectly increasing ayand design drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata Bloodsong View Post
    Description: The community has suggested that the rarity of Ayanad Designs is still too high, which has resulting in Ayanad weapons being extremely rare in the world. Community suggestions to fix it have included offering Ayanad Designs through the Merit Shop for Merit Badges or the Marketplace for Credits, as is done in other regions.

Status: After speaking with XLGAMES in our quarterly business meeting, a new design for Ayanad Design collection was proposed. It breaks down into the following ideas:
    • Ayanad Designs will now be collected through a a scrap-based system, allowing continued progress in collecting the scraps and higher droprates.
    • Reduce the number of designs in the game from 20+ to 7, mirroring the wisp system. (One design for each category of weapons/armor, such as one-handed, two-handed, etc.)
    • Scraps could be collected via various means, such as dungeon rewards.

The system is still in development and these details may be subject to change.
    As a end game type of gear they should still remain rare. Others might not agree with me but my suggestion is this as a add-on onto the scrap idea. Unless you go there to do the daily quest now since the reduced experience needed to level or to fight the bosses, no one really grinds library anymore. With the scrap idea, maybe add it to the Library purses, no matter type. chance to obtain a scrap. Then add a option to the costume design workbench to turn the said scraps into a design of your choosing while still keeping the designs able to drop fully at the rate is is now.
    The result will at least make them more obtainable thus pleasing most players while still making the player base work for it to keep the amount of designs low enough so, players have something to strive for. Could also, have the scraps drop off the library raid bosses and the dungeon bosses which might add more players going to attempt them and corner reading room.
    NA - Hanure: Seduction
    GM of <Death Happens> - Hanure

Quote Originally Posted by Aycee View Post
    Mineral water would be the limiting factor.
    with the amount of sealed weapon it wont be a problem since when the water will not be enough people will start opening the weapons and salvage em.
    Darsy
    Server: Nebe->Sirothe->Shatigon->???
    Delete Status Pending.

Why are they available in the merit shop in Korea and not in NA/EU?
    IGN: Tilli
    Guild: <Action Five News Team>
    Build: Primeval
    Server:WEST:Lucius -->Nazar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast