+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The greatest housing-system of all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Dolly Noir View Post
    It will get worse the more time goes by. As people leave the game, or sell their land, people around them will merge the land into their's. After they obtain mansions, what can they obtain after that? More land. What this causes is even less land for players as individuals keep absorbing land into the largest buildings because they can, then connecting the land together with fences. Guilds do this as well. It will become harder and harder for new players to get even 16s set up, as fewer will be fore sale.

Let's hope XLGames devises a way to create more ways for players to own land. For example, if they put in instanced "apartments" in the cities, I'd dump my land for that in a heartbeat since I'm more interested in decorating and roleplaying than farming.
    This game has been out for over a year, yes, all the spots are taken except for a few 8x8s here and there and the occasional demo. I see property for sale all the time in both chat and with the signs posted at the properties. Just because land is not free does not mean there is no available land.
    I am outraged that you are outraged, and if you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Actually just bought a nice build Farmhouse not too far from broker in Mahadevi - Hanure (one of the newly merged servers) for just 830 gold yesterday. So was quite happy - you just have to walk around, save some money for land/house/mansion and you'll get your land eventually

When I started playing after launch I pretty much felt like I would never own property because everything was taken and 20+ people showed up for every demo. I really wanted a breezy bungalow but they were selling for 5k and that was way beyond my reach. But I kept at it, grinding gold and looking for demos. I bought a farm here, a workbench there, until I had bought and sold several plots which gave me enough gold to buy a townhome. Eventually prices came down on the breezys and I now have everything I wanted land wise.

Everything in this game is grind and patience. Unless you want to charge up your credit card you have to just stick with it and slowly you will start reaping the rewards.
    I am outraged that you are outraged, and if you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

I started playing again in the middle of august, I now have 4 24x24 1 28x28 and 1 16x16 all connected. I only payed 400g(+ the certs) for 1 24plot. Land isnt that hard to get tbh
    You gotta have patience

I transferred to a legacy server and was pretty discouraged at the begging.

I managed to get my desired 24x24 in the 2.0 land rush but then Trion decided to do a roll back and try again the next day. Well, the next day I was the one who got stuck on the loading screen and of course once I eventually logged in the spot I wanted was gone. All the free land was taken prior the transfers, just to be sold at ridiculous prices afterwards. People asked for 3k or more for a single 24x24 spot.

In a month time, I have all the land I need without paying a fortune for it. Not the exact same spots like before but good enough if not better.

Some spots I bought, some others I got by camping, others by trading. Unless you are a land lord who wants to own the whole housing area, getting land is possible with a little gold and patience.

I got lucky - yesterday a guildie and I found an open 24x24 spot in the western housing zone. Just sitting there with packs like a demo had occured, no people to be found. A week after I was merged I went to a demo in Falc and was the only one to show up.

Do people not camp demos anymore? O.o

Either way - dont expect free land, work for it - finding land open like I did was super rare and not common. Go look for demo dates - I know my server has quite a few on the 1st and 8th (prepaid taxes from the merge coming up). So I imagine yours might too. Demos.. see if you can get some advice about them. Theres a few tricks to be faster.

Otherwise, save save save your gold! Lots of land for sale and while it might not be exactly where you want it, itll get you started if you want land.
    Lucius, you shall not be forgotten.

Fiain of Nazar - Thought to be the lone eastern rper.
    The High Council - proud member.

Quote Originally Posted by ThorHorst View Post
    I dont believe that a good housing system means that few people dominate the world with their endless icebear-farms, while other ones cant even have a small scarecrow. ^^
    First off, tons of places for small scarecrows. Secondly, this game is not about entitlement. You are entitled to two things. Jack and ♥♥♥♥. It is a competitive game, deal with it.

Either make some money and buy some land or wait till something demos and try to snatch it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolly Noir View Post
    It will get worse the more time goes by. As people leave the game, or sell their land, people around them will merge the land into their's. After they obtain mansions, what can they obtain after that? More land. What this causes is even less land for players as individuals keep absorbing land into the largest buildings because they can, then connecting the land together with fences. Guilds do this as well. It will become harder and harder for new players to get even 16s set up, as fewer will be fore sale.

Let's hope XLGames devises a way to create more ways for players to own land. For example, if they put in instanced "apartments" in the cities, I'd dump my land for that in a heartbeat since I'm more interested in decorating and roleplaying than farming.

Wow really... If the land is available you can try to take it... Anyone can.

Your complaining because you want free land... There are other games that give you free instanced land... You may want to consider moving over to them.

Since you want to RP most people actually buy houses in the real world... So buy a house from someone if your too lazy to monitor soon to demo land... But you will probably complain about the price...

Is complaining part of RP???

whats your issue OP ? land ownership is the same thing as gear progression. Some people focus on gear and some focus on land. Who are you to belittle other people's hard work on land consolation ? weekly taxes has to be paid for all that land and patron has to be kept up on all the alt accounts used for holding that land. Its not as simple as getting "free land" or "land hogging".

Quote Originally Posted by AngryYoda View Post
    whats your issue OP ? land ownership is the same thing as gear progression. Some people focus on gear and some focus on land. Who are you to belittle other people's hard work on land consolation ? weekly taxes has to be paid for all that land and patron has to be kept up on all the alt accounts used for holding that land. Its not as simple as getting "free land" or "land hogging".
    Amen to that.. I got up to 5 properties at one point and I was like 'Yikes!'.. all my labor was going to tax certs (no I did not make an alt account). For those that want to grind that much gold to buy apex off the AH or pay cash for multiple patron accounts, have at it. Not for me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast