+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My First Shaman Build! For Heals and PVP

My First Shaman Build! For Heals and PVP

http://archeagedatabase.net/us/calc/37354

So... what do you think? Any other Shamans out there? This build was fun for me to make, can't wait to test it out (combos everywhere!)...but not before it gets well critiqued (;

I am not expert, but I can tell you the Shaman is a support class - You will never be dps or healing proficient from what I experienced but really good at cc and support heals.

bump for any tips?

Personally I wouldn't go for the damage/mana conversions. Better go for Efficient Sorcery. I also find Illusion's Favor to be of dubious value (I think its too low to be noticeable in a battle, and out of combat you regen fast anyway).

Overall I think you're spreading your points too far, it might be better to focus on one or two trees. Of course it depends on how you want to use your character.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarim View Post
    Personally I wouldn't go for the damage/mana conversions. Better go for Efficient Sorcery. I also find Illusion's Favor to be of dubious value (I think its too low to be noticeable in a battle, and out of combat you regen fast anyway).

Overall I think you're spreading your points too far, it might be better to focus on one or two trees. Of course it depends on how you want to use your character.

Thank you for this feedback(: I went back and fixed a whole lot you mentioned:
    http://archeagedatabase.net/us/calc/37568

I reduced my vitalism tree down to just support heals for larger pvp/pve (and revive because i will be doing my questing 100% with a friend), as well as mirror light for the snare and skewer for the impale. Witchcraft was given a couple skills (Banshees wail and purge for pvp...Was considering fiends knell+Enshroud?) ...Focused passives more on my sorcery skills.

Definitely lots of CC now

One thing: if you want to go for cast time reduction, take the sorc skill instead of the witchcraft one (6% vs. 4%). Optimally you would take both, but then you have to drop one other skill.

If you want to use healing and damage skills, you may have to swap weapons (you really need a weapon with +healing power, otherwise your heals are weak, and for magic damage you want +magic attack). But that's the situation for every character who uses healing.

My build was a little bit on the damage side while keeping your healing potential. Your build is also only for level 55's which we don't have at the moment and will not have at the release of the game. I also got rid of some of the useless skills/passives you had on your skill tree. - http://archeagedatabase.net/us/calc/37920

Quote Originally Posted by zrtec1 View Post
    My build was a little bit on the damage side while keeping your healing potential. Your build is also only for level 55's which we don't have at the moment and will not have at the release of the game. I also got rid of some of the useless skills/passives you had on your skill tree. - http://archeagedatabase.net/us/calc/37920
    Good build. I'd drop the cast time fear for Skewer. You have two Lightning spells that combo off it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester08 View Post
    Good build. I'd drop the cast time fear for Skewer. You have two Lightning spells that combo off it.
    I might be wrong but there is no easy way (unless you get uber gear) to combo impale with lightnings yourself due to cast time

Chain lightning doesn't have a cast time. Cast Spears>Chain lightning. Chain lightning will do an additional 30% dmg. You can get Arc Lightning to less than a 2 second cast pretty easily with gear, skills, buffs, etc. You'll also notice Skewers shows Impale effect for 2 seconds and it's colored in orange which typically indicates that it will change as the ability levels, so it will likely increase beyond 2 seconds.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast