+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: [REQUEST] Archery is underpowered [UPDATED: 1/13]

Quote Originally Posted by SakuraCalleil View Post
    Personally don't see why they need additional changes. Archery was overpowered, was then over tuned down and is now (well, in 2.5) back to *normal*. The days of ArcheryAge are gone guys, no more killing Abolishers before they reach you.
    heh, aint played a archer latley have you.. pure archers cant even kill a cloth wearing caster. Everyone in my guild has dropped archery and gone to a plate wearing melee class because of the over nerfing. While the casters can just spam gods whip and fireballs and take me out in no time.

but alas, nm. Since everyone seems to be happy with never playing archer again.

If you have trade pack and you are not archer you are easy target. Ganker troll archer can hit you from 26-28 (or more?) meters and you have near 0% chance to hit back. Or you have 1 -1 skills and long cd. No. Archery is not underpowered. or you have to rework "basic attack" or give archers other nocd skill maybe. (slower attack and harder damages).

Quote Originally Posted by mikroman View Post
    If you have trade pack and you are not archer you are easy target. Ganker troll archer can hit you from 26-28 (or more?) meters and you have near 0% chance to hit back. Or you have 1 -1 skills and long cd. No. Archery is not underpowered. or you have to rework "basic attack" or give archers other nocd skill maybe. (slower attack and harder damages).
    Then ur saying that the viability of archery rest in ganking traders that eventually risk entering pvp zones
    hmm just wondering if the trader is a paladin, healer or plate well geared with healing skills... after u try to steal his packs without sucess you go make yourselg a trade run to pay for the mana pots u spent XD
    When the virtues touch us, magnify our stature and it seems that we are able to understand a little better the world of the gods. Human values have no language or certain lineage.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Luso View Post
    Then ur saying that the viability of archery rest in ganking traders that eventually risk entering pvp zones
    hmm just wondering if the trader is a paladin, healer or plate well geared with healing skills... after u try to steal his packs without sucess you go make yourselg a trade run to pay for the mana pots u spent XD
    No. Archer has long range attack and fast movement speed (no cast times). if you want to kill tank.. Good Luck! This is not "unique problem". I attacked healer or cloth-magic tanky enemy. We fight 5-6 minutes and nobody win. Full tank = low damage. No mana = no win. You have to pay more... Marketplace based users can do better damage. +500-1000 eq points and tons of gold buffs are good "extra chances". Or you can chose vulnerable targets.

archery would be fine if there wasn't a -20% damage within 8 meters when most classes have permanent sustainable gap closers where they are continuously fighting within the 8 meter range. ranged attacks should hit less damage then mele as they can hit from further away but i don't see why there is a penalty for fighting in close range as well. why don't mages have the 8 meter debuff as well so their skills hit 20% less damage within 8 meters on skills that are ranged? why? cus it just doesn't make sense lol. please ask XL to remove it from archery as well.

The new archery is kinda really bad
    But also at the same time still really good

Most people that try to kill me do almost no damage at all
    Like as in I have 1k defence and take a little bit of damage

But very high end gear can still 3 hit me

No offense to the XL team who handles class balance, but so far their decisions to keep nerfing archery clearly shows that a handful of people who run a few tests are in no way a better judge than the entire community of archers who almost all agree that archery is broken.

I mean really, who came up with the idea to take the ranged damage stacking off of Stalkers Mark. Its a RANGED skill! It doesn't make any sense. Archery was already bad while it still had the ranged damage stacking, and is only worse off without it. And were being told to have faith and trust that XL will make food decisions when it comes to archery. Call me skeptical, but I have a feeling 2.5 is not going to help in any way. Just from reading the increased cool downs and cast times. I cant see this ending well

World of Warcraft nerfed my main speck to the point of it not being enjoyable to play so I left and came here. I am concerned that f 2.5 doesn't improve archery, that I have wasted a lot of time and money on this game building a speck that will never be improved.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiomun View Post
    I mean really, who came up with the idea to take the ranged damage stacking off of Stalkers Mark. Its a RANGED skill! It doesn't make any sense.
    Stalker's Mark is a Shadowplay skill, based the rest of the skill tree which is mostly MELEE, having a ranged bonus was a bit odd taking the tree into account. Plus the change was that the 20% ranged attack buff was removed and now the end damage hit stacks off ALL attacks instead of the just ranged as it was originally.

Now Stalker marks works with the skills of it's parent tree and others giving it more versatility for the lose of a buff to a single attack type.
    Server: Conviction
    Faction: East/West

Experience colours perception.

Quote Originally Posted by Focslain View Post
    Stalker's Mark is a Shadowplay skill, based the rest of the skill tree which is mostly MELEE, having a ranged bonus was a bit odd taking the tree into account. Plus the change was that the 20% ranged attack buff was removed and now the end damage hit stacks off ALL attacks instead of the just ranged as it was originally.

Now Stalker marks works with the skills of it's parent tree and others giving it more versatility for the lose of a buff to a single attack type.
    Toxic shot is, and Stalkers Mark used to be some of the strongest bow skills in the game, and both still make up about 1/4 of all ranged bow attacks in the entire game.

When we say archery we mean it in a broad sense, not just the one specific skill tree since there is no viable build in this game that relies 100% on only one skill tree.

Stalkers mark inflicts RANGED damage which is calculated from your RANGED attack, And the skill can only be used if you have a RANGED weapon equipped. Not to mention even after the nerf the stacking damage still receives a 20% reduction if the target is within 8m. But yeah I can totally see how that's clearly a MELEE skill, just like every single other skill in the game that's only limited to the basic concept of its parent tree.

It would be nice to see more archery changes than what we see coming, imo.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast