+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: [REQUEST] When are server transfers coming? [UPDATED 1/13]

Will transfers take lower population servers into consideration? Allowing hundreds of people to transfer to servers that are already high pop would just destroy the smaller servers.

low pop servers are already dead expendable, letting us transfer off of them to a high pop is what is needed to keep the game fun and interesting...

the whole point of server transfers is to allow people on low pop servers to join a more active, high population server!

Are there any limitations imposed on transfers? Will any of the transfers be analyzed by an actual person or program to see if they will kill or claim a server or will they just be pushed whenever someone buys/acquires a transfer scroll?

Some combination of Gear Score, hostile faction kills, pvp honor points, and average playtime could be calculated out on the transfers to see if it fits a current server. There are worries from the playerbase that transfers will allow mass migrations in order to claim and farm a underdeveloped (by comparison) server. Aka, some guild of 50-100 active pvpers with 4.5k+ gs mass transferring to an already stacked faction on another server, or a fairly balanced server will break the gameplay on that server significantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Throttle View Post
    Are there any limitations imposed on transfers? Will any of the transfers be analyzed by an actual person or program to see if they will kill or claim a server or will they just be pushed whenever someone buys/acquires a transfer scroll?

Some combination of Gear Score, hostile faction kills, pvp honor points, and average playtime could be calculated out on the transfers to see if it fits a current server. There are worries from the playerbase that transfers will allow mass migrations in order to claim and farm a underdeveloped (by comparison) server. Aka, some guild of 50-100 active pvpers with 4.5k+ gs mass transferring to an already stacked faction on another server, or a fairly balanced server will break the gameplay on that server significantly.
    Actually some might want to transfer from a high pop to a low population to get breathing room. As for limitations it would be the same as the transfers during the merger. So no placed properties and no server specific items, so they can't have active hero status. Other then that I doubt there would be other restrictions and it would take more then a 100 person guild to completely disrupt a server.

As for server populations I will have to say at least on the NA side (the one i see all the time) that the servers are doing ok currently. Morpheous has not dropped from High since launch, all the EVO servers are High for most of the week. Of the legacy servers only Tahyang and Salphira are not High for more then half the week. In fact those two have only hit high status maybe three times since the merger?

So transfers should and most likely will be to and from any of the servers minus the fresh starts.
    Server: Conviction
    Faction: East/West

Experience colours perception.

I'm from Tahyang and I support open immigration to our lovely server.

Quote Originally Posted by Focslain View Post
    Actually some might want to transfer from a high pop to a low population to get breathing room. As for limitations it would be the same as the transfers during the merger. So no placed properties and no server specific items, so they can't have active hero status. Other then that I doubt there would be other restrictions and it would take more then a 100 person guild to completely disrupt a server.

As for server populations I will have to say at least on the NA side (the one i see all the time) that the servers are doing ok currently. Morpheous has not dropped from High since launch, all the EVO servers are High for most of the week. Of the legacy servers only Tahyang and Salphira are not High for more then half the week. In fact those two have only hit high status maybe three times since the merger?

So transfers should and most likely will be to and from any of the servers minus the fresh starts.

Is the world still under the horribly wrong assumption that all transfers are created equal?

Quote Originally Posted by Full Throttle View Post
    Is the world still under the horribly wrong assumption that all transfers are created equal?
    Well if they follow the same restrictions as the transfers during the merger... yeah. There is a limit to what you can take and that means a large amount of planning. On the point of GS, only ones worried about that are those that refuse to progress or those that don't want the competition. Either way a fresh enemy is good for the population, stirs the pot and keeps things interesting.
    Server: Conviction
    Faction: East/West

Experience colours perception.

I want to state what I have stated in game many times , not every server suits every player.

Some players like less populated servers , some players want to run into a full raid of 5k gear score players every time they step on the sea. Some players just think the grass is greener on the other side.

At this point Trion understands they will need to watch people transferring , and if needed disable transfers to a server, but honestly I highly expect people to leave every server in various numbers and populations will likely end up about the same.

All trapping people on a server does is make them leave the game If they for whatever reason decide they don't like it. I can guarantee hundreds of players would still be subscribed to this game if when they decided they hated their server they could have just transferred.

I will also mention there are regional players outside NA that would like to transfer to play with their community , EU, BR, OCE, etc this will be really nice for those players who want to go play with people active in their hours.

A final note , If a specific server does ever end up low pop trion can do exactly what blizzard does and open free transfers to that server it actually works rather well.

Quote Originally Posted by Focslain View Post
    Well if they follow the same restrictions as the transfers during the merger... yeah. There is a limit to what you can take and that means a large amount of planning. On the point of GS, only ones worried about that are those that refuse to progress or those that don't want the competition. Either way a fresh enemy is good for the population, stirs the pot and keeps things interesting.
    That's not true at all. Progression isn't cheap or easy, and never ends. People progress to compete, and when it gets to the point where you're top competitor, you progress to stay on top. I can still have worries about power guilds transferring if it effects the avg GS on the server dramatically making my progression less valuable compared to the current struggles on the server.

A fresh enemy also isn't always good. Say your server is East dominant, and another East powerhouse transfers in and is allied with them. Your west is now lost. There is no coming back from the severe imbalance that transfers can cause as opposed to a naturally progressing server. Look at the mess on Nazar right now.

May I suggest a post of the current low and high population servers, so people who are on the low population can see which are the high population and help their decision on moving.
    Survivor
    Member of _________ "looking ATM"
    Kraken West
    Primeval, Stone Arrow, Trickster, anything archery

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast