+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: [REQUEST] When are server transfers coming? [UPDATED 1/13]

Quote Originally Posted by survivor36 View Post
    May I suggest a post of the current low and high population servers, so people who are on the low population can see which are the high population and help their decision on moving.
    ^ Agreed as I currently have characters on a evo and legacy server I would like to have them on one but in deciding where to go it's a bit cumbersome, do I move my older toon to the evo or the other way around? What about a totally new (to me) server? A list of current population would be helpful in that deciding factor as scanning the forums of each server only gives a tiny glimpse of the current status of the servers.
    Kibachu
    <Dark Legion>
    Former
    -Twerk Team Co-Captain-
    <Ratchet Trading Company>
    RIP Lucius ~East

Quote Originally Posted by Kibachu View Post
    ^ Agreed as I currently have characters on a evo and legacy server I would like to have them on one but in deciding where to go it's a bit cumbersome, do I move my older toon to the evo or the other way around? What about a totally new (to me) server? A list of current population would be helpful in that deciding factor as scanning the forums of each server only gives a tiny glimpse of the current status of the servers.
    Honestly I dont think the populations of servers should dictate where people transfer , in this case its probably information we dont need to know.
    It just encourages people to transfer to the highest population server which is not necessarily the server you actually will enjoy playing on.

Just go to the server that you have the most fun on, and heck if your thinking of transferring to a new server i would recommend leveling an alt on there for a week just to see what it is like (although that can be hard to gauge on a low level alt)

Unless you want to go through another merge/land rush in a few months, the population of server should dictate your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Isteria View Post
    Unless you want to go through another merge/land rush in a few months, the population of server should dictate your choice.
    Well that is assuming they never try the whole free transfers to low pop servers like other mmo's do it, I think the mergers had a lot to do with making the new fresh start servers. You could be right but I think they want to avoid doing future mergers if at all possible, another reason not to give players server population rankings to discourage people transferring to the lowest pop servers.

In general I would actually consider transferring to a low pop server if it was a free transfer, It may be quite appealing to entire guilds; But at this point that has never been mentioned so it may never happen. I do think its a more elegant solution than just merging the populations of two servers.

pls hurry up .please (((((((((((.ı want to paid tranfer

Quote Originally Posted by Full Throttle View Post
    That's not true at all. Progression isn't cheap or easy, and never ends. People progress to compete, and when it gets to the point where you're top competitor, you progress to stay on top. I can still have worries about power guilds transferring if it effects the avg GS on the server dramatically making my progression less valuable compared to the current struggles on the server.
    Not everyone progresses to compete, I personally set my own goals. I don't care that someone has a 6K gear score. I'd rather build a car from scratch or level up professions, or build an epic sword (which I sell or gift depending on my mood)

I will grant that there are those that do progress for competitiveness, but not everyone does.

A fresh enemy also isn't always good. Say your server is East dominant, and another East powerhouse transfers in and is allied with them. Your west is now lost. There is no coming back from the severe imbalance that transfers can cause as opposed to a naturally progressing server. Look at the mess on Nazar right now.
    Also the reverse can be true, there are those that want the challenge of the underdog. Or a challenge in general (I saw that compliant all the time in faction chat), so would transfer from the powerhouse to underdog and that would actually help balance the server. It depends on the individual transferring to what they want. As stated by others that would transfer from a high to a low even though there are those that worry that some will transfer from low to high.
    Server: Conviction
    Faction: East/West

Experience colours perception.

Quote Originally Posted by Focslain View Post
    Not everyone progresses to compete, I personally set my own goals. I don't care that someone has a 6K gear score. I'd rather build a car from scratch or level up professions, or build an epic sword (which I sell or gift depending on my mood)

I will grant that there are those that do progress for competitiveness, but not everyone does.

Also the reverse can be true, there are those that want the challenge of the underdog. Or a challenge in general (I saw that compliant all the time in faction chat), so would transfer from the powerhouse to underdog and that would actually help balance the server. It depends on the individual transferring to what they want. As stated by others that would transfer from a high to a low even though there are those that worry that some will transfer from low to high.
    I was speaking strictly of gear progression. And if you're dropping gold into epics because they're shiny you wouldn't fall into the category of tipping the scales in some direction for PVP on a server. That's why I suggested going through more than just GS alone.

I know u can't transfer to morpheus but can u transfer out of morpheus?

I was speaking strictly of gear progression. And if you're dropping gold into epics because they're shiny you wouldn't fall into the category of tipping the scales in some direction for PVP on a server. That's why I suggested going through more than just GS alone.
    Ok, looking back you did state more then GS, so let's break this down:

Are there any limitations imposed on transfers? Will any of the transfers be analyzed by an actual person or program to see if they will kill or claim a server or will they just be pushed whenever someone buys/acquires a transfer scroll?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata Bloodsong View Post
    During Update 2.0, those transfers were handled manually by our platform group. This new service will be handled automatically by our systems, rather than be processed by a live person.
    So by the OP this is going to be an automated service, most likely to speed up the process since the character was locked during transfer during the merger. By automating it, it allows for the downtime to be dramatically less.

Some combination of Gear Score, hostile faction kills, pvp honor points, and average playtime could be calculated out on the transfers to see if it fits a current server. There are worries from the playerbase that transfers will allow mass migrations in order to claim and farm a underdeveloped (by comparison) server. Aka, some guild of 50-100 active pvpers with 4.5k+ gs mass transferring to an already stacked faction on another server, or a fairly balanced server will break the gameplay on that server significantly.
    Honestly these numbers aren't a good indication of play style. Both a crafter/farmer and a purpling frak turd can have the same amount of GS, pvp honor points, hostiles faction kills and playtime.

This is true to someone who fights for just their guild or for their faction.

To determine if a character would be a 'good fit' for a server you don't look at the character, but the player. And that no program or interview even can fix if the player is set on a goal.

In the end, the reason for transfer and in the end, the decision to transfer is to be placed in the hands of the player. Which is what the automated system is set to do within limits.

Quote Originally Posted by Prowl3r View Post
    I know u can't transfer to morpheus but can u transfer out of morpheus?
    Interesting question....
    Server: Conviction
    Faction: East/West

Experience colours perception.

Quote Originally Posted by Focslain View Post
    Ok, looking back you did state more then GS, so let's break this down:

So by the OP this is going to be an automated service, most likely to speed up the process since the character was locked during transfer during the merger. By automating it, it allows for the downtime to be dramatically less.

Honestly these numbers aren't a good indication of play style. Both a crafter/farmer and a purpling frak turd can have the same amount of GS, pvp honor points, hostiles faction kills and playtime.

This is true to someone who fights for just their guild or for their faction.

To determine if a character would be a 'good fit' for a server you don't look at the character, but the player. And that no program or interview even can fix if the player is set on a goal.

In the end, the reason for transfer and in the end, the decision to transfer is to be placed in the hands of the player. Which is what the automated system is set to do within limits.

Interesting question....
    I don't think you're weighing the implications of pvp honor and hostile faction kills into it. If a farmer has high pvp honor, gs, and hostile faction kills, he is active in the PVP portion of the server and is not just a farmer, same to the purpling ftard. My post wasn't meant as a political fit to a server, but a fit to the balance (or lack there of) on the server.

Also, a filter could be built into an automated system fairly easily. If you don't meet whatever variable range of the constructed ratings system for the server you're trying to transfer into is, you get put in a pool, when the pool meets the range it transfers. It could be accomplished by having people sign up for transfers, having the system run their numbers to see if they're eligible, then having them have to purchase the transfer ticket and go through with the rest of the transfer when standards are met. Keeps people from buying something they can't use, and ensures there aren't potential massive power swings across all servers whenever X guild decides to change the scenery.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast