+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: [BUG] Diamond Shores Quest NPCs are killable, even during peace [UPDATED 1/13]

1.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #1
    ArcheAge Associate Producer Celestrata Bloodsong's Avatar

[BUG] Diamond Shores Quest NPCs are killable, even during peace [UPDATED 1/13]

1/13/16 Update -- After continuing to discuss the matter with XL, sending them images, footage from the server, player reports, and staff reports, their team is still unable to identify what is causing the issue. They insist that it is working correctly within their North American and European testing builds. We continue to let them know that is clearly not working correctly, and we request that these NPCs are simply made invulnerable.

12/15 Update: XL is still having difficulty reproducing this bug, and we continue to offer more information on how this is affecting our version of the game.

12/2 Update: No fix has been confirmed for this issue as of yet, and we remain in contact with XL regarding it.

Description: Players have reported that certain quest NPCs in Diamond Shores are permanently killable. (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?237312) Sometimes these quest givers do not respawn for 24 hours, or until the server is restarted. After testing on Trion internal builds, the NPCs respawn quickly, thus differing from in-game behavior.

Status: Trion has requested to XL that these quest givers are made unkillable in order to prevent them from constantly leaving the world. We have provided XL with our own findings. XL is performing their own internal tests to confirm the player reported bugs.
    Seraphina "Celestrata" Brennan
    Associate Producer, ArcheAge
    Scheherazade -- Morpheus <Haranya Preservation Society>

Looking for help? Contact our support team! | Visit the website for the latest news
    | Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

Thank you for acknowledging this and providing an update! <3
    Forty
    <Lazy Bears>

Kyrios West News Bear
    #KyriosLewd

@Celestrata - Much thanks for creating this thread.

Also, they may not actually be killing them, but moving them somewhere to where they don't return to their normal positions. I've heard both scenarios (killing, no respawn and being moved).

I was just at the east housing area in DS on kraken. again, another night of only 1 NPC with a quest. I am burning a lot of hereafter stones to try to get all 5 of the quests only to waste the hereafter stones and get cheated out of access to quests and loss of Prestige and guild XP.

if they respawn quickly on yer internal servers, then they are not set up the same as live. Because I have only seen 1 quest npc at kraken east DS in 8 days due to the west killing them.

fix this.

thanks

Would willfully killing these npcs be classified as an exploit, since the pve hero is willfully using a known bug to stop other players from completing a quest?

I ask because there is no way to demonstrate that this is accidental and may result in punitive actions to the offending parties, so your clarification is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata Bloodsong View Post
    Description: Players have reported that certain quest NPCs in Diamond Shores are permanently killable. (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?237312) Sometimes these quest givers do not respawn for 24 hours, or until the server is restarted. After testing on Trion internal builds, the NPCs respawn quickly, thus differing from in-game behavior.

Status: Trion has requested to XL that these quest givers are made unkillable in order to prevent them from constantly leaving the world. We have provided XL with our own findings. XL is performing their own internal tests to confirm the player reported bugs.
    Any chance we can get this classed as an actionable exploit until it's fixed? There are people on Tahyang doing it now as well, one of which is someone suspected of doing other questionable activities.

please consider lost prestige as entire factions are losing tons of prestige among everyone who is unable to obtain the quests from these npcs. its no longer just a couple people losing on what 40 prestige. its entire factions losing that for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Gentatsu View Post
    I am burning a lot of hereafter stones to try to get all 5 of the quests only to waste the hereafter stones and get cheated out of access to quests and loss of Prestige and guild XP.
    You should take the free (big red) portal from your main continental city and save some hereafters.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata Bloodsong View Post

I almost feel like this request is a miss. Would it not be better to ask that those specific quest giver NPC's have their respawn timers set to a specific and fixed interval rather than whatever the setting is now? Removing the ability to kill them altogether does sort of alter some tactical capabilities in a faction vs faction effort. I do agree that they probably should not be able to be killed during region peace.

In essence fix the bug instead of removing functionality altogether.

Does this have to be an all or nothing type request?

10.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #10
    ArcheAge Associate Producer Celestrata Bloodsong's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trixologist View Post
    I almost feel like this request is a miss. Would it not be better to ask that those specific quest giver NPC's have their respawn timers set to a specific and fixed interval rather than whatever the setting is now? Removing the ability to kill them altogether does sort of alter some tactical capabilities in a faction vs faction effort. I do agree that they probably should not be able to be killed during region peace.

In essence fix the bug instead of removing functionality altogether.

Does this have to be an all or nothing type request?
    It does not have to be, if there's enough interest to support it. I don't see why we can't have a further discussion on it. However, it may appear that XL's original intent was to have them simply be unkillable, after looking at the internal builds where they respawn almost immediately. But, this is a very interesting point that others should certainly chime in on.
    Seraphina "Celestrata" Brennan
    Associate Producer, ArcheAge
    Scheherazade -- Morpheus <Haranya Preservation Society>

Looking for help? Contact our support team! | Visit the website for the latest news
    | Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast