+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: [BUG] Diamond Shores Quest NPCs are killable, even during peace [UPDATED 1/13]

Killing them is too easy... if you want it part of a strategy to deny a faction packs, then increase the health to where attemping to kill it would allow enough time for the faction to respond.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata Bloodsong View Post
    It does not have to be, if there's enough interest to support it. I don't see why we can't have a further discussion on it. However, it may appear that XL's original intent was to have them simply be unkillable, after looking at the internal builds where they respawn almost immediately. But, this is a very interesting point that others should certainly chime in on.
    wait a minute here, its already against the rules to block or prevent access to any npcs. So by continuing to allow these npc's in Diamond shores (of whom provide daily quests to players) to be killed. Then that would mean and send a msg it is ok to do the same to all NPC's in any zone in the game. Thus resulting in Trion unbanning every player who was cought blocking and preventing access to those same NPC's. Finally ending with trion once again reversing its decision on blocking, making it perfectly ok to block npc's in any zone.

Not to mention, having a guild and ranking said guild up in levels or earning prestige. Should not be limited to just the diamond shores quests as a primary source of presitge and guild xp if the NPC's are going to be allowed to be killed. Yes their is still the world boss quest and the material turn in quest but those alone are not enough if the prices on the prestige shop are to remain where they are. If the npcs in diamond shore are to be allowed to be killed then the prestige shop cost on items should be reduced. As the reduction of prestige access merits it.

Ill say it once again and i dont care if your a pvper, merchent or just a farmer in archeage. Preventing access to any NPC's, especially with quests, is and should remain illegal. allowing it only gives other players reasons to deliberately grief other players and prevents access to game content because they are to bored and dont want to do anything but grief players instead of going out and doing actual pvp.

Many will argue the fact about this being tactical as a Faction vs Faction tactic to limit the prestige gained by killing the NPCs that offer the quests in question. However, no other NPC comes to mind that can be killed and not respawn soon after. They do it to exploit the glitch plain and simple. As for suggesting the prestige shop prices to be lowered. In theory that might work but really your only missing out on 20-30 prestige extra a day. From my point of view like most things you should be active in doing the guild quests and save up if, you want something from the prestige shop so, prices in my opinion are fine as is with or without the extra npcs. However, they should be fixed and only effected if, the base gets destroyed by the NPC Faction.

As to fix the problem, making them immortal is really the only thing they can do. I mean they can add a cannon to the hillside edge so it over looks the area and protects the hillside from this glitch taking place. Then you run into players complaining about others Turret hugging to avoid pvp or to escape etc.. Could make the npcs immune to siege damage so, they can't use siege tanks to glitch them.
    NA - Hanure: Seduction
    GM of <Death Happens> - Hanure

Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata Bloodsong View Post
    It does not have to be, if there's enough interest to support it. I don't see why we can't have a further discussion on it. However, it may appear that XL's original intent was to have them simply be unkillable, after looking at the internal builds where they respawn almost immediately. But, this is a very interesting point that others should certainly chime in on.
    So, as this is "unintended", can we now assume that doing it and being caught and reported doing it is an actionable item?
    Tahyang - East
    ♪ Fayble A.K.A. Noel ♪
    Retirement Home

"Fables are important, not because they tell us monsters are real, but because they teach us monsters can be defeated"

I WANT MY PrEsTIge FIXXXXXXXXX DIS PLZZZ (((((
    Yaoii.
    -Calleil-

Only 1 NPC remaining on Kyprosa West.
    Sort this out already please!

Server: Kraken

Friday after the twitch live feed there was 4 out of 5 npc's spawns. managed to do the 4 pack quests.
    Sunday 7:21eastern time their is only 1 quest npc spawned.

Since it was stated that XL was not able to duplicate the issue on their internal servers in korea. maybe they should check out our servers and see for themselves. Like log into Kraken east see the missing npcs and check the server data to try to figure out what is glitching. because atm this is a royal pain not bieng able to do all the guild daily quests that are supposed to be available.

guess this is a less priority to fix vs adding more plushies to the game

Quote Originally Posted by Gentatsu View Post
    Server: Kraken

Friday after the twitch live feed there was 4 out of 5 npc's spawns. managed to do the 4 pack quests.
    Sunday 7:21eastern time their is only 1 quest npc spawned.

Since it was stated that XL was not able to duplicate the issue on their internal servers in korea. maybe they should check out our servers and see for themselves. Like log into Kraken east see the missing npcs and check the server data to try to figure out what is glitching. because atm this is a royal pain not bieng able to do all the guild daily quests that are supposed to be available.

guess this is a less priority to fix vs adding more plushies to the game
    Yes, please invite the Trion and XL employees to our NA/EU servers to observe the status of the afflicted NPCs. I understand Trion has said they can't replicate the issue, but that does not mean it does not exist on the Live servers.
    Sailing Sultan, Master of the Deep
    Wanderer AKA Greenjello
    Naima/Kraken
    ._ _
    | | | ._
    | | |_| | ArcheAge Cannons Comparison (EN)
    | __|_| | ArcheAge Interactive Decor Guide
    |/ .__/ | Ionnu's Tradepack Calculator
    .\_/___/

RNGesus helps those who help themsel.... awe who am I kidding, he helps no one.

I have screenshots of reds killing our NPCs (Kraken - NA). I consider this the same as blocking as they restrict my gameplay and there's nothing I can do.

Can I report them in live support?

21.11.15 Anthalon
    Haranya only one NPC alive
    Kurita

Member of the "White Knight Foundation" :-)
    EU - Haranya / KR - Haranya / RU - Haranya :-)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast