+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: [BUG] Traveling through Housing Areas causes a severe drop in framerate [UPDATED 12/15]

I have my graphics on the "Normal" setting and I still have pretty bad fps drops any time I get near a housing area.

AMD FX-6300 OCed @ 4.3GHz
    AMD R9 280X OCed @ 1.05GHz
    AMD R9 Gamer Series 8GB RAM
    1TB WD Caviar Blue HDD
    512GB Crucial MX100 SSD

I'll edit this post later with my normal fps and when I enter a housing area.

sucks when you have a gtx 980 ti/i7 5930k ddr4 corsair @ 3000* & still lagging

i think trees are the problem, specially trees with lots of leafs, like a bush :S

2.0 indroduced all the new upgraded houses, which have animations to them.. Perhaps the lag increase is related to the larger amount of animated objects in housing areas... Could you all try testing with the animations disabled, and if it helps then add an option to disable housing animations?

This problem exists for me but ONLY on my main character, none of my alts are affected. This isn't just happening to certain players, it's happening to certain CHARACTERS.

Any update from XL regarding these lagging issues. It has gotten really bad since the 2.0 update and the lag makes the game virtually unplayable when in or near housing areas.

I know it's nothing my end (believe me I've tested for everything) - I use GTX 980 / i7 5930k and this is the only game I have any issues with. Perhaps XL may also need to consider upgrading Archeage to a 64-bit client so that it better utilises the resources of modern systems.

Any news would be appreciated.

I experience significant lag in all housing areas (fps drops from 70 down to 3 in some cases), more so in areas with large concentration of upgraded houses with moving parts and whether riding a horse, hauler, car etc. Auroria housing areas don't seem to be an issue even in DS where there are a few upgraded houses, but in lesser concentration.

Now imagine this. Im running the game with an overclocked pentium dual core 3.77 ghz. Have 4 gigs of ram and a nvidia gt 630 video card. It aint pleasant but then again im getting a new sarvivor rig. Right now the fps is really bad at the housing areas.
    BIGGEST YATA FANATIC OF EANNA 2K15 -theLos ♥

If it helps, I do not believe this issue is due to the new housing models. We noticed an immediate impact post 2.0 in Windscour, even before people had had a chance to upgrade their houses. It is definitely a significant increase over pre 2.0, even when Windscour was full.

Any news? when this will be finally fixed? This is really annoying and sometimes AA is unplayable for a lot of people!! This problem should have very high priority!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast