+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 49

  Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: [BUG] Traveling through Housing Areas causes a severe drop in framerate [UPDATED 12/15]

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    198
    On sirothe, Solis' halo hollow is particularly bad. Started right after the merge and only got worse. Eventually I packed up and moved out of the zone. After getting stuck inside rendering trees and cow pens, it was just unplayable for me.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    144
    Any update as to whether this has even been reproduced by XL or they acknowledged the problem?

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    EU-Eanna
    Posts
    1,123
    Quote Originally Posted by ncbwilson View Post
    Any update as to whether this has even been reproduced by XL or they acknowledged the problem?
    have you tried the "fix" with the quest log? Less quests you have in progress less lag you have. It also helps removing the arrows which direct you to the quest.

    There is a theory that when u enter a zone the game scans the objects to verify if they match any of the quest requirements but when u enter a housing zone the game has 238420948290482 objects to scan which causes lag.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    144
    Quote Originally Posted by Isteria View Post
    have you tried the "fix" with the quest log? Less quests you have in progress less lag you have. It also helps removing the arrows which direct you to the quest.

    There is a theory that when u enter a zone the game scans the objects to verify if they match any of the quest requirements but when u enter a housing zone the game has 238420948290482 objects to scan which causes lag.
    No I haven't because the issue is not present in the rest of the zone only when entering the housing area where a bunch of different brushes have to render to the client.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Isteria View Post
    The worst I have seen so far is Windscour housing area (1-3 fps). I was passing with a pack on a donkey and I could only see pictures. Falcorth and Solis are pretty bad too but Windscour was "what the hell" area. My normal frame rate is over 60.
    Windscour is the worst housing area. I sometimes have 0-1 fps there!!! Avarage is 2-3fps there. Other housing areas are also terrible. Before the merge/Update 2.0 I had never problems at Villanelle, but now I lag like hell there (about 3-5 fps).

    Solzreed is also terrible. Is the introduction of the upgrade-able-houses the cause?

    Yesterday I even lagged and the game didnt load properly at not-housing-areas and dungeons. I couldnt finish GHA, because the water before the last boss didn't load (so no swimming up), yet again my character drowned..... relogging (even reboot of pc) didn't help.

    Btw. for a few days a few guildies and me experiance that we sometimes can't use some skills.

  6.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #26
    ArcheAge Associate Producer Celestrata Bloodsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    5,516
    For those who haven't seen this workaround yet, deleting unnecessary quests out of your quest log seems to improve performance in housing areas. Thank you to fanatic667 for finding this correlation!

    This information has been passed along to our QA team.

    http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?252851
    Seraphina "Celestrata" Brennan
    Associate Producer, ArcheAge
    Scheherazade -- Morpheus <Haranya Preservation Society>

    Looking for help? Contact our support team! | Visit the website for the latest news
    | Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    144
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata Bloodsong View Post
    For those who haven't seen this workaround yet, deleting unnecessary quests out of your quest log seems to improve performance in housing areas. Thank you to fanatic667 for finding this correlation!

    This information has been passed along to our QA team.

    http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?252851
    That is not a fix, that is a workaround. One I really don't want to have to do.

  8. #28
    Senior Member Siobhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,033
    I can honestly say that I haven't had a whole lot of problems in housing areas.... until the patch yesterday. Nothing renders, and my costumes are black. While it is funny to see shadows of jumping yatas where my livestock should be, it takes a full minute or so to render fully. This never happened to me personally until yesterday's patch.
    Is anyone else sad to know that people will rant and rave about being banned when they know damn good and well they broke the rules? Sadder still is the energy consumption and the lengths they will go to so they can continue to break them... and the threads they post when they finally get caught.

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    212
    ....wrong forum

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    England
    Posts
    892
    The lag is bk worse than ever. I have deleted all non essential quest and Lacton still tanks hard.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts