+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: [BUG] Using DirectX 11 while playing ArcheAge creates a memory leak

1.   This is the last Archeage Team post in this thread.   #1
    ArcheAge Associate Producer Celestrata Bloodsong's Avatar

[BUG] Using DirectX 11 while playing ArcheAge creates a memory leak

Description: Some players have reported rising memory use while playing ArcheAge on DX11 than on DX9, leading to a higher frequency of crashes and issues that may occur while playing the game.

Status: The Trion staff has set up an internal computer to perform tests on DX11 to further refine what may be causing these issues. Once more information can be gathered, we will begin a discussion with XL.
    Seraphina "Celestrata" Brennan
    Associate Producer, ArcheAge
    Scheherazade -- Morpheus <Haranya Preservation Society>

Looking for help? Contact our support team! | Visit the website for the latest news
    | Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

Thank you for noticing this after 1 year, i will check if it has been fixed in 2 years.

Lol, BalerionX what you just wrote made my day xD

The longer it runs, the worse it gets. Seems particularly bad if you run haulers from Solis to Rook. Seems by Windscour all textures pretty much gone. Nvidia 660ti

To reproduce it you need to let it run for a long time (hours?) and join activities where things are massive like Mistmerrow, CR, GR, Luscas, Krakens, anything with more than 100 players and countless objects.
    <PANTSU> THE ONLY GUILD THAT MATTERS.

> 7 inches
    > passed the toilet paper roll test
    > best everything NA.

Disaster getting stomped by the #1 guild NA.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFh9BdD4LTc

Finally they heard me,Celestrata when swich to dx 11 from dx9 All UI reset some graphic/texture/render issue happen(if i give an example,weird texture's on Veroe Shield and so on).
    This game MEANT for Dx11 PLZ so many opportunity we r missing

Game looks uber awesome on 4k display 144hz monitor + DX11 features enabled ^^

Also Dear Trion you may post a temporary solution to fix memory fix like many of us do,Restart PC / GAME

A few observations of this issue for those testing.

I run 2 monitors at 1920x1080, the monitors are the same make and model.
    I run 2 nvidia 680gtx cards in SLI
    The vid card is connected to the monitor using DVI cables.

Within the game, I had been running dx11, maxxed settings (as due to the UI not saving is what it defaults to)

Running one client, I would make hauler runs from falcorth to solis, and back.
    By the time I had reached mahadevi on the return trip, the textures of the ground had gone to their low res versions, as i continued further, other things will lose textures, highlights around objects/mobs becomes just a glowing square. trees, houses, everything slowly drops to the low res textures, by the time i reach falcorth, the game looks like an oil painting.

Upon further testing/observation, i open two clients, main one on first monitor in borderless window mode, second in a window on the other monitor.
    Performing the same hauler run, the client running on the first monitor would lose it textures. the client on the second monitor never lost any textures.

I proceeded to log the accounts in opposite order, alt on main screen in borderless window, and main on second monitor in a window, figuring the alt would lose the textures. This turned out to be wrong, the main on the second monitor lost textures just as it had on the first monitor. The alt account still never lost any textures.

This leads me to believe that the texture loss is somehow tied to the actual character/account, and not just due to video card.

After hours of attempting to alleviate this issue, I finally gave up and went to DX9. I havent seen any texture loss since.

Quote Originally Posted by Loucifer View Post

Within the game, I had been running dx11, maxxed settings (as due to the UI not saving is what it defaults to)

By the time I had reached mahadevi on the return trip, the textures of the ground had gone to their low res versions, as i continued further, other things will lose textures, highlights around objects/mobs becomes just a glowing square. trees, houses, everything slowly drops to the low res textures, by the time i reach falcorth, the game looks like an oil painting.

Upon further testing/observation, i open two clients, main one on first monitor in borderless window mode, second in a window on the other monitor.
    Performing the same hauler run, the client running on the first monitor would lose it textures. the client on the second monitor never lost any textures.

I proceeded to log the accounts in opposite order, alt on main screen in borderless window, and main on second monitor in a window, figuring the alt would lose the textures. This turned out to be wrong, the main on the second monitor lost textures just as it had on the first monitor. The alt account still never lost any textures.

This leads me to believe that the texture loss is somehow tied to the actual character/account, and not just due to video card.

After hours of attempting to alleviate this issue, I finally gave up and went to DX9. I havent seen any texture loss since.
    What i fear worst is this problems occured when game engine was ported from Cryengine 2 to Cryengine 3 during development if so Trion you really need to work hard with XL/Cry Tek (cevat yerli company)

Quote Originally Posted by Loucifer View Post

Pretty sure it has something to do with the order the clients were loaded

The definitive method to determine if a memory leak is occurring is well documented, however to make it easy use the Windows Performance Toolkit which is just a front-end to ETW tracing and xperf. If you're really interested you can find more @ https://channel9.msdn.com/events/BUILD/BUILD2011/HW-59T

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast