+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: [BUG] Using DirectX 11 while playing ArcheAge creates a memory leak

its taken them a year to realize this but not the other plentiful annoying bugs like UI and hotbars resetting for alot of people

DX9 texture glitching etc etc

its like a pack of penguins that run this game (XL). and monkeys (Trion) are trying to explain issues to the penguins.

will these issues ever get resolved... nope because koren game developers dont give 2 craps about these type of issues... but noo if a major UI problem happens. you can bet your sweet behind thats getting patched instantly or the following week.
    [DKR] Dark Reavers
    Dibbz > Lvl > :55:
    #SaveArchery
    Kryposa - West

My guess is that is not the type of reply that will help the issue at all. If you don't have anything constructive to contribute it is probably best to not reply to this subsection of the forums.

Dx11 crashes a lot, I don't know exactly why, but it happens. Dx9 is more stable.

My UI/sound settings used to reset all the time. I deleted the Archeage folder from \Documents directory and bam, no more resetting. Keep calm and run DX9 or restart when your DX11 becomes too annoying to ignore. This is not an issue that will be fixed quickly, so I recommend sucking it up and just running DX9 until it does.

I retested yesterday DX11, always same problem, after 2 hours of game, many textures in game disappear and become flat textures, and some minutes after the game crashed, screen blocked or returned on windows.

can see this on the crash log
    <04:11:44> [326304C3] D3D Device Lost
    <04:11:44> [3108AE8D] Check Device Lost Failed : (88760868)

I have nvidia 980ti card latest driver, the problem still remains the same since 1 year...

Mine gives a SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION if I alt tab too many times after running the game for a prolonged period. I tab into the game and my mouse does not work. I then try to shut down Archeage and get the above BSOD. This has been explained as related to the memory. This only happens with Archeage so it makes sense to find out there is a memory leak.

Game looks amazing on DX11. Too bad you can play all day using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wytchblades View Post
    Game looks amazing on DX11. Too bad you can play all day using it.
    You can if you have 8gb ram + Swapfile enabled, or 16gb ram instead.

Due some reason the game gets more memory-consuming in DX11 mode. About 4x more.

Symptoms you guys describe are related to:
    - Windows which is closing applications in low-mem scenario
    - Unstable memory settings
    - Unstable CPU settings
    (can be due overclocking, but if its stock then it does not mean its stable as each system is individual)

Its simple. More memory utilized = higher load = higher chance to trigger latent instability. If you would use a stress testing program which will be configured to perform RAM test, your system may get same issues.

The reason why is this happenning "just to Archeage in DX11" is simple. How many apps you have in you pc, able to consume more than 6-8 gb of system memory?

The issue with low-res textures on other hand is real. I have just indications why it happens, but no workaround yet.

Hope this helps.
    EU / Retribution / Haranya / <Bratrstvo> A hladame novych hracov...
    Austeran Judge / Member of the Crimson Watch / An ordinary cat / Curator of Museum
    As a species, we are capable of love, of wonder, of staggering feats of creativity and sensitivity. Yet at the highest, global level, these are not the sentiments which rule. Large scale human history can be seen, as much as anything else, as a series of titanic dramas with the single animating principle: we will ****ing kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Orio View Post
    You can if you have 8gb ram + Swapfile enabled, or 16gb ram instead.

Due some reason the game gets more memory-consuming in DX11 mode. About 4x more.

Symptoms you guys describe are related to:
    - Windows which is closing applications in low-mem scenario
    - Unstable memory settings
    - Unstable CPU settings
    (can be due overclocking, but if its stock then it does not mean its stable as each system is individual)

Its simple. More memory utilized = higher load = higher chance to trigger latent instability. If you would use a stress testing program which will be configured to perform RAM test, your system may get same issues.

The reason why is this happenning "just to Archeage in DX11" is simple. How many apps you have in you pc, able to consume more than 6-8 gb of system memory?

The issue with low-res textures on other hand is real. I have just indications why it happens, but no workaround yet.

Hope this helps.
    This only happens to me with Archeage DX 11.

I run stress tests on Intel XTU and have nothing overclocked. No other apps running. Only Archeage does this to my PC.

But thanks for your concern and information.

Quote Originally Posted by Balabhadradas View Post
    This only happens to me with Archeage DX 11.

I run stress tests on Intel XTU and have nothing overclocked. No other apps running. Only Archeage does this to my PC.

But thanks for your concern and information.
    Try LinX or OCCT. OCCT with default settings was the best to test stability on my system when it comes to memory.
    EU / Retribution / Haranya / <Bratrstvo> A hladame novych hracov...
    Austeran Judge / Member of the Crimson Watch / An ordinary cat / Curator of Museum
    As a species, we are capable of love, of wonder, of staggering feats of creativity and sensitivity. Yet at the highest, global level, these are not the sentiments which rule. Large scale human history can be seen, as much as anything else, as a series of titanic dramas with the single animating principle: we will ****ing kill you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast