+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Am I being unrealistic?!

Cool Am I being unrealistic?!

I haven't made it as far as I would have liked yet in AA, but thats okay. What I'm looking into here is the feasibility of my plan. I'll be playing with a small group of RL friends. Few of us will be patrons up front, but some of us will be. I'd say at best there will be 10 of us. What I'm hoping to be able to do in time is to have a nice private little farm for us to get our own mats, and enough land that we can live in our own little spot.

I guess the real questions are as follows:

Is PvP required to maintain my home? I know about the taxes, but can my property be looted or otherwise griefed?

Once members of my in game "family" are established, can I grant them full access to my "farm", and any other properties if they are F2P?

Am I not thinking of something?

I'm hoping that my group and I can mesh together and end up buying in game APEX for all members or our little tribe in time. However initially not all of us will be Patron's, and in light of this can I grab up enough land that all of us can have houses of our own eventually all within a smaller area?

Property cannot be looted or griefed, no matter where it is. You can set it so your family has full access to your home and farm, even if they're F2P.

The only difficulty you may run into is finding land in easy-to-access newbie (25 and under) areas. You may to start looking at Island locations, or locations in the higher level areas to place a house if you wont be participating in the 4-day early start and/or aren't particular fast at grabbing a spot. Of course, you could go to one of the lesser population servers to help relieve this.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd ****** and or ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥."
    -Cingal
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild
    Has Trion Messed Up?
    Trove Early Review!

No, PVP is not required to maintain your farm. Homes and farms come with a protective border. As long as everything you plant remains inside that border, it cannot be stolen. That's not to say you can't be griefed - people are creative. Keep your door closed.

You have the ability to set up a family and set your home and/or farm to family permissions. If set to family, your family will be able to plant and harvest on your land (and you will be able to harvest each others' plants and animals) and will be able to enter your home. Only you will be able to put down furniture in your home, though.

As long as you plan on reserving an affordable amount of land for you and your friends, there's absolutely no reason you shouldn't be able to achieve your goal.

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    Of course, you could go to one of the lesser population servers to help relieve this.
    That'd imply they will know from start which server will end up as low pop.

But yeah, safe and easily-accessible settling areas will be rushed at by a lot of people, so expect high competition and above all dirty moves.
    Adventurer - Murderous raider with delusions of grandeur

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    Property cannot be looted or griefed, no matter where it is.
    Not exactly true. People can grief you. Try planting something when you have people standing in a spot on your farm. This is of course the truest form of griefing because the griefer gets nothing out of it other than preventing you from planting.

Very good to hear, I appreciate all sentiments here. Ya one of the groups I was running with in the past was dead set on land grab as part of their initiative early game. I want to grab some too, but I think we may opt for a low pop server as having fun is my driving force. Not end game per se, though it would be fun to do some of that at some point too. We'll have to see where we land. Thank you all very much =]

Racing other people to find the best spots for your house is PVP.
    The grave digger is hither he is no kidder see, consider the dark energy, sinner be inner me.

+ Reply to Thread