+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: How are we supose to get Golem mount, when log in tracker is broken?

I'm at 14 out of 19 myself. I've read through all the posts and the various suggestions. Thing is, I work full time. Have done for 25+ years. Evenings (EST) are the ONLY time I get to play, and you know what? The key word here is PLAY. If you implement a reward system, you'd best be damn sure it works for your clients, and if it doesn't, get off yer collective arses and get it fixed or make it good.

Sure, the thing will take four months (optimal) to get, so it's going to be a long haul. But to those affected by this utterly stupid sloppy coding (do they not teach logic in schools anymore?) when that fourth month comes along and they don't have the [insert shiny reward thingy here], they're gonna be pissed. And rightly so.

End rant.

They don't hate you but you would have to be rather ignorant to not see the some what shady marketing tactic's being used. Even when you do factor in the confirmed log in tracker bug.

It only took a month+ to get them to find the bug. Now we wait for a fix.
    “We view any system that generates value, at a cost to customer happiness, as a broken system that we need to fix.”

Valve On In-Game Economy

Calim[Strike]Naima[/strike] Kraken East Support Archer

Quote Originally Posted by Lazzor View Post
    *puts on tinfoil hat* trino hates me so much they turned off the login rewards, waaaah
    I was wearing mine when I typed it so you're safe. -LOL
    "Some People Are Alive Simply Because It's Illegal To Kill Them"

Mudbone [LaZy] (Farmer Extraordinaire)
    <The Imperium of LaZy Nation> on Ollo(NA East)

Quote Originally Posted by Slardi View Post
    I'm at 14 out of 19 myself. I've read through all the posts and the various suggestions. Thing is, I work full time. Have done for 25+ years. Evenings (EST) are the ONLY time I get to play, and you know what? The key word here is PLAY. If you implement a reward system, you'd best be damn sure it works for your clients, and if it doesn't, get off yer collective arses and get it fixed or make it good.

Sure, the thing will take four months (optimal) to get, so it's going to be a long haul. But to those affected by this utterly stupid sloppy coding (do they not teach logic in schools anymore?) when that fourth month comes along and they don't have the [insert shiny reward thingy here], they're gonna be pissed. And rightly so.

End rant.
    Which is why it never should have been implemented when a known bug existed (even if still being investigated) in the game mechanic. This is poor planning and execution on Trions part (assuming Trion and not XL decided to implement before addressing the bug).

Quote Originally Posted by Ethetun View Post
    Which is why it never should have been implemented when a known bug existed (even if still being investigated) in the game mechanic. This is poor planning and execution on Trions part (assuming Trion and not XL decided to implement before addressing the bug).
    It wasn't a known bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Noaani View Post
    It wasn't a known bug.
    You are kind of salty today. ...if you were on last weeks live stream when they showed the golum, they said "we know there is a problem with the login, but you only need to have 21 log-ins so you should be ok". <- reason for going ahead and releasing the golum with the known issue. ...since you have problems with the word "bug".

You are kind of salty today. ...if you were on last weeks live stream when they showed the golum, they said "we know there is a problem with the login, but you only need to have 21 log-ins so you should be ok". <- reason for going ahead and releasing the golum with the known issue. ...since you have problems with the word "bug".
    Last weeks livestream?

The system has been live for like 5 or 6 weeks. It wasn't a known bug when they bought it out, and once they bought it out they were bound in to the schedule that had been set for it.

Even then, I wouldn't call it a bug so much as a design flaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Noaani View Post
    Last weeks livestream?

The system has been live for like 5 or 6 weeks. It wasn't a known bug when they bought it out, and once they bought it out they were bound in to the schedule that had been set for it.

Even then, I wouldn't call it a bug so much as a design flaw.
    I'm not talking about the log-in, but the introduction of the golum award was reviewed on last week's live stream ....that or week before. ...I may be off by a week. Either way, when they were reviewing the golum, and went over how to obtain one, they stated they were still working on the log-in tracker issue. ...so yes, it was a known issue aka problem aka bug aka flaw when they reviewed it. They could have halted the introduction, but said they had decided to go ahead with it.

I'm not talking about the log-in, but the introduction of the golum award was reviewed on last week's live stream ....that or week before. ...I may be off by a week. Either way, when they were reviewing the golum, and went over how to obtain one, they stated they were still working on the log-in tracker issue. ...so yes, it was a known issue aka problem aka bug aka flaw when they reviewed it. They could have halted the introduction, but said they had decided to go ahead with it.
    As with almost everything they do once a system is introduced, Trion are bound in to the schedule for that system that is set by XL.

As soon as the login tracker went live mid October, the rewards were set in place for November. That includes the login token that we will be using eventually to get the golem that itself is not in game yet - nor is its merchant.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast