+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: How are we supose to get Golem mount, when log in tracker is broken?

Quote Originally Posted by Fiain View Post
    For me it doesnt. There isnt a 24 hour cooldown. But it requires both my local midnight to pass and a new server day to occur.

I tend to play after server reset and before midnight. Thats 8 hours in which I cannot click the button. Or I wont be able to tomorrow night.

If I click on it every morning, just login real quick before work? It works, I dont miss days. But its irritating to do that.
    right so it goes local midnight and then new server day (new server day being 12:01 GMT right?)

what happens if you do not push it until after local midnight but before 12:01 GMT? if you can push it after 12:01 GMT there is nothing wrong with the system it is working as intended

if it is the other way around (12:01 gmt happens and then your local midnight and then you can push button) then i have no idea it should all be based on server time and server time for all servers uses GMT your local time should have nothing to do with when things reset

i have not seen anyone on my server (shatigon EU) complain about the thing not resetting so i'm thinking its people getting confused with timezones and stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Txeptyip View Post
    right so it goes local midnight and then new server day (new server day being 12:01 GMT right?)

what happens if you do not push it until after local midnight but before 12:01 GMT? if you can push it after 12:01 GMT there is nothing wrong with the system it is working as intended

if it is the other way around (12:01 gmt happens and then your local midnight and then you can push button) then i have no idea it should all be based on server time and server time for all servers uses GMT your local time should have nothing to do with when things reset

i have not seen anyone on my server (shatigon EU) complain about the thing not resetting so i'm thinking its people getting confused with timezones and stuff
    12pm GMT is... 4pm I believe. I have to wait until midnight my time before it resets, which with work, isn't something really feasible to do every night.

So if I push it every morning its fine. But if I push it that night when I usually play, I end up losing a day.

Both have to reset. So midnight wont reset it until its actually a new server day, and then midnight has to hit again before it resets.

Like.. ok, so lets say I press it at 6pm PST. After GMT midnight, before my own. That midnight will not reset it. The next day, the reset will not reset it either. But the midnight of the next day will. But midnight alone wont reset it... make sense? Its... well, I'm sure you can see its frustrating.

For PST, its really annoying, I'd love to have it reset like everything else.
    Lucius, you shall not be forgotten.

Fiain of Nazar - Thought to be the lone eastern rper.
    The High Council - proud member.

I've been making sure to character select and back in just after midnight or while getting ready for work in the morning.

There is no hidden timer, I can prove that. The other day I had forgotten to log one char in and only remembered 5 mins before daily reset. I logged in quick, collected the crate and 2 mins later did it again when the reset kicked in.

People may well be having problems with it but it is certainly not any secret hidden 24hr CD.
    I've started to support global warming in the hope that it will melt all the snowflakes...

Quote Originally Posted by Shantar View Post
    There is no hidden timer, I can prove that. The other day I had forgotten to log one char in and only remembered 5 mins before daily reset. I logged in quick, collected the crate and 2 mins later did it again when the reset kicked in.

People may well be having problems with it but it is certainly not any secret hidden 24hr CD.
    Yeah, I have gotten the crate in less than 24 hrs several times. I do not have any issues with this, but I log on in the mornings so I am no where in the reset 'windows'. I don't know why they don't just make everything reset at the same time (change the midnight GMT to the same as the daily reset time).
    I am outraged that you are outraged, and if you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by Shantar View Post

I do not think there is the 24 hour timer either, but there are events or times that have to pass. Shantar, what timezone are you in? Your sequence of events absolutely does not work for me. I forgot to login during the morning one day this week and this is my sequence. All times are US central.

Tuesday - clicked at 7am before work.
    Wed - forgot and clicked at 8 pm
    Thurs - tried to click before work, after daily reset at 6pm, after 8 pm and all failed. I stayed up late and was able to finally click at midnight.

7.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #27
    ArcheAge Associate Producer Celestrata Bloodsong's Avatar
    The login tracker is absolutely something we've been testing recently, especially with the reports of players not being able to claim the days on a consistent manner. Currently, we believe this may be due to the tracker resetting at two separate times. (Once for when you actually push the button, but then the system won't fully reset until 12:00 AM UTC/GMT.)

Either way, this is something our QA team is working on so we can better explain the issue to XL for them to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata Bloodsong View Post
    The login tracker is absolutely something we've been testing recently, especially with the reports of players not being able to claim the days on a consistent manner. Currently, we believe this may be due to the tracker resetting at two separate times. (Once for when you actually push the button, but then the system won't fully reset until 12:00 AM UTC/GMT.)

Either way, this is something our QA team is working on so we can better explain the issue to XL for them to fix.
    Right, but what about the Golem none of us can get now even though I have logged in every day since I started playing? This is the issue I am having right now and to be frank I am pretty frustrated over it. I like unique, cool stuff and knowing I will not be able to acquire this despite my best efforts is upsetting.

You guys should take the initiative at this point to go through and award the mount to anyone who has consistently logged in every day in November since it is yet another game issue effecting your player base that we cannot do anything about.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravetigger View Post
    Right, but what about the Golem none of us can get now even though I have logged in every day since I started playing? This is the issue I am having right now and to be frank I am pretty frustrated over it. I like unique, cool stuff and knowing I will not be able to acquire this despite my best efforts is upsetting.

You guys should take the initiative at this point to go through and award the mount to anyone who has consistently logged in every day in November since it is yet another game issue effecting your player base that we cannot do anything about.
    What?

You'll be able to get it - worst case scenario is it will be a month later than others - but since no one will have it until late February, that isn't something you need to think about just yet.

@Celestrata - any word on the merchant for the login tokens? It was mentioned on the livestream that he was expected to go in with the November update, but I've not seen nor heard of him being in game as yet.

10.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #30
    ArcheAge Associate Producer Celestrata Bloodsong's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravetigger View Post

Yeah, the mount requires 4 months of 21+ day attendance. And you can still miss up to 10 days in a month and still qualify for the login badge, which is required for the mount. If this really becomes an issue, we can see what we can do for this month, but this will only be one month out of the four required.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast