+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: [BUG] Daily Login Tracker does not properly reset [UPDATED 1/13]

You should give credit to this guy. :x

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...fected-players

Took your QA peoples 11/19 to get a posted answer when this one was out 11/03.

Without this post, I'd be at a loss of days.. so far I'm only 1 day behind.

2.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #12
    ArcheAge Associate Producer Celestrata Bloodsong's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovebane View Post

Absolutely. That's the post that honestly helped us crack the case and helped the QA team prove it. Kytt is absolutely getting kudos.
    Seraphina "Celestrata" Brennan
    Associate Producer, ArcheAge
    Scheherazade -- Morpheus <Haranya Preservation Society>

Looking for help? Contact our support team! | Visit the website for the latest news
    | Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

He should get a bug bounty. Send him one of the $250 packs instead of giving it to a random who's watching the live stream,

i knew it felt weird that my logins would reset at midnight local which is after GMT.. For a minute i was thinking hey they actually managed to code things for local time instead of using GMT..

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata Bloodsong View Post
    Absolutely. That's the post that honestly helped us crack the case and helped the QA team prove it. Kytt is absolutely getting kudos.
    Wow. It makes the day to know that something I posted got read and made a difference. And it helps to know you guys are reading posts even if they don't get an immediate response, so thank you CelestraTa!

And I don't mind the gender article "he" as a default but using "she" is more accurate

Kytt's matches my test that I did last night (missed that one and a few others, only at 17, but that is within tolerance)

Kudos on pointing them in the right direction, else this would have taken longer.
    Server: Conviction
    Faction: East/West

Experience colours perception.

11/19 Update: Our QA team has officially tracked down the issue to the timer resetting at both midnight local time and midnight GMT. If both midnights do not pass, the tracker fails to reset and a day is missed.

So the Question is what follow's next? Will XL be able to patch a fix and Will next Month's Login Tracker if not sooner be fixed? I have been logging into the Game every day and I am sure many others have too and as of today I stand 8 day's behind. Today marks the 21st for me and my Login tracker is at day 13. I know for sure ill get the 14 day reward but at the current rate I wont make it to the 21st day reward before the end of the month.
    Shinketsu- Lvl55 Platerunner DPS / Tank Guild: (Xcstasy) Server: Naima - Kraken (NA) , #SheepieLives

Quote Originally Posted by Lovebane View Post

The way it's described in that post - it would work perfectly on 1 time zone, but this boils down to the underlying issue that AA CANNOT run on a single time zone as it is now. it mess things up with players and events. Please get us time zone independent regions (i.e. split NA / EU into separate clocks / times for events - would fix this issue and other issues, cause you know, reset would be closer to midnight rather than when we get off work in NA)

11/19 Update: Our QA team has officially tracked down the issue to the timer resetting at both midnight local time and midnight GMT. If both midnights do not pass, the tracker fails to reset and a day is missed.

We've taken our findings and passed them along to the team at XL for their investigation and resolution.

Description: Player reports have shown that the login tracker is not properly resetting on a daily basis, causing some players to miss logins due to the button failing to properly reset.

Status: Our internal Trion QA team is performing a few tests on the login tracker in order to better understand the problem. Once we can assertain exactly what's causing the issue, the information will be given to XL to investigate and fix for a future game build.
    While you're at it, make it auto-track instead of clicking that silly button, I've yet to play a game that has a login-each-day reward system that REQUIRES you to click a silly button to register the login, I mean, clearly you're logged in if you've brought up the page anyways, and the servers have clearly tracked your login that day, forcing us to click a button that doesn't reset until you log out & back in seems quite dumb to me, especially for those that stay logged in and just AFK while they sleep, etc.

We've taken our findings and passed them along to the team at XL for their investigation and resolution.
    west coast ftl again..so i can't click login button between 4PM PST and midnight or the bug won't allow me to get the next day. this is the only time of day i can play during the week due to work and sleep. so if i click the login tracker during only this time i will miss 11 days from this bug over the 23 weekdays in december with no chance at getting more than 20 days, even if im logged in every day and playing

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast