+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: [BUG] Daily Login Tracker does not properly reset [UPDATED 1/13]

I'm not sure I udnerstand the mechanism of this bug at all.. the description is confounding to me.

All I know is I've been able to click the button on all three accounts for Day 1 of December right at the daily reset time..
    Then the next day, many people were able to click day 2 but I can't.. all three accounts can't click it.
    Another guild mate is in the same situation.

After reading this thread, it seemed like ok.. maybe I'll be able to click it in the morning, after midnight has past. But nope.. still the login tracker button is grey on all three accounts.

Last month I was able to get all 25 days with my main, with days to spare. This month isn't looking good at all.

I notice there has been not response from Trion for almost two weeks now (since the 19th of November).

What am I supposed to do about this... to get these daily rewards?

An update to my issue.. though I don't see why this worked given the description of this bug...

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzoul Soulstorm View Post
    mine was bugged since Dec 1st to right now.. well after both bluesalt and midninght resets.
    yesterday after bluesalt reset but before midnight, I did all kinds of things to try to click day2 login tracker but nothing worked, including logging all the way out of the game, including rebooting.

but just now (now well after midnight) I went to char select and back, and was able to click day-2 finally.

I don't understand the mechanism of this bug at all.. makes no sense. And for sure it isn't fixed.

3.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #23
    ArcheAge Associate Producer Celestrata Bloodsong's Avatar
    12/2 Update: XL has taken our information and tested, but they are unable to reproduce the bug on their side. We remain in contact with them in order to show them further verification of this issue.
    Seraphina "Celestrata" Brennan
    Associate Producer, ArcheAge
    Scheherazade -- Morpheus <Haranya Preservation Society>

Looking for help? Contact our support team! | Visit the website for the latest news
    | Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

the login tracker issue could very well be tied to the time zone settings. it all resets at 12 midnight gmt time. well that would be around 7pm est , 4pm pacific.

I noticed the timer issue with this paw festival peace. According to the official timer that was in the green peace it had a timer. I watched it clock to 0 and expected the peace to end. A guildie stated her timer showed 1 hour yet to go and guildies in california still showed 3 hours to go. So effectivly my peace timer ended so should have been free to attack or purple normally in windscour. However I am thinking that due to the way the timer is coded it glitched out the peace timer and that why the server needs to be brought down for a restart to manually turn the peace time on and off.

this same timer issue could be effecting the log in tracker. I have been trying the log in tracker at different times. When i click my timer between midnight est and 3pm est i have 0 issue and the tracker works as intended. but when i try the tracker between 7pm est and midnight. the login tracker glitches and i end up missing a day.

its like the login tracker and festival start/stop timers glitch from the same issue. Almost like it is tracking 2 or more timers and it gets confused so it just fruits out. I guess I am trying to say that the login and festival timers are keeping going as the world rotates and time passes. Rather than the way it should work of when it resets at 12 midnight gmt it should reset across the board or all toons at that instance regardless of the time zone the players are in, but its not.

not sure how else to explain it.

I count three different "Resets at 12am" trackers:

4pm PST = 12am GMT, last pawsome festival event, (until the last one, at which time it poofed and I lost out on the last two coins I needed for the leash. Bad planning on my part.) Merit quests and house quests reset. After this point, you can't click the log in tracker until the log in tracker ticks it's midnight.
    10pm PST = 6am GMT, my loyalty resets
    12am PST = 8am GMT, my log in tracker resets-- IF I log out out of the game, and log back in again. It won't just tick over on its own, which is secondary annoyance.

(Just how many different "midnight resets" do we need, here?)

((Special note on PST/PDT: Daylight Saving ended as of Nov 2, and West Coast is back to PST.))

I play between 8pm-11pm PST, but between 4PM PST and 12AM PST is the "NO GO" time for my log-in tracker. (I have toons on both EU and NA servers, and its the same on both.) This means I have to stay up after midnight in order to get my log in tracked. If, at any time, I miss that after-midnight window, and wait until I get home from work the next day (which is after 6pm), I'm right back into the NEXT day's NO GO window, and still can't click it. Last month I logged in every day, but only managed to get 19 days tracked.

Has anyone tried re-setting their PC's clock to be GMT, to see if that fixes the tracker bug? I might try it if nobody else has. I'm just afraid I'll screw something up.

In addition, my patron renewal says it's set to get renewed on 12/3. It's now 12/3, and my patron has been gone for over 24 hours, no labor, no loyalty. I was hoping it would be related to the log-in tracker clock issue and that it would spring back to life after midnight my time. No joy; still no patron, even though the only option I have in my subscription plan is "change" or "cancel." I can't sign up for it, can't manually add time, nada.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanvar View Post

4pm PST = 12am GMT, last pawsome festival event, (until the last one, at which time it poofed and I lost out on the last two coins I needed for the leash. Bad planning on my part.) Merit quests and house quests reset. After this point, you can't click the log in tracker until the log in tracker ticks it's midnight.
    12am PST = 8am GMT, my log in tracker resets-- IF I log out out of the game, and log back in again. It won't just tick over on its own, which is secondary annoyance.

((Special note on PST/PDT: Daylight Saving ended as of Nov 2, and West Coast is back to PST.))

I play between 8pm-11pm PST, but between 4PM PST and 12AM PST is the "NO GO" time for my log-in tracker. (I have toons on both EU and NA servers, and its the same on both.) This means I have to stay up after midnight in order to get my log in tracked. If, at any time, I miss that after-midnight window, and wait until I get home from work the next day (which is after 6pm), I'm right back into the NEXT day's NO GO window, and still can't click it. Last month I logged in every day, but only managed to get 19 days tracked.

Has anyone tried re-setting their PC's clock to be GMT, to see if that fixes the tracker bug? I might try it if nobody else has. I'm just afraid I'll screw something up.

In addition, my patron renewal says it's set to get renewed on 12/3. It's now 12/3, and my patron has been gone for over 24 hours, no labor, no loyalty. I was hoping it would be related to the log-in tracker clock issue and that it would spring back to life after midnight my time. No joy; still no patron, even though the only option I have in my subscription plan is "change" or "cancel." I can't sign up for it, can't manually add time, nada.

well, I tried setting my pc to different times and kept restarting glyph and logging into the game. I went as far as 24 hours ahead of time on my pc. I saw no change to the login tracker letting me click any extra boxes. So this tells me its not connected to the client side pc time clocks. Since there seems to be a way for the game to tell the actual time and what the times are of the clients connecting to the data servers, id definitely say its a server side issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanvar View Post

I have a laptop set to GMT and desktop set to EST. The laptop resets in the middle of the day.. The desktop resets after midnight. I run 2 accounts on each, and they both behave the same.

Hi,

i didn't encounter this issue or followed the reports about it. I just want to say between 0:00am and 01:00am UTC+1 it looks like the login reward for the next day should be available, but it isn't, after 01:00am UTC+1 it is available for me.

So maybe the reported issue with the login tracker breaks down to the difference of the local system time of consumer pc and UTC? just an idea ^^

Arrow A workaround for now

Greetings players.

I know its been shared before, but I'll share it again here.

To avoid this bug yourself - while they are fixing it - just do not click your Login Tracker button between the Daily Reset and the Patron Loyalty button reset. (In US ET, that means you do *not* push the button between 7pm and 1am US ET.)

Do this and you will get your update daily without issue. Personally I push my button before work in the morning (around 9am US ET) daily.

Eli

Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata Bloodsong View Post
    12/2 Update: XL has taken our information and tested, but they are unable to reproduce the bug on their side. We remain in contact with them in order to show them further verification of this issue.
    Are they trying to reproduce it in korea? If they are, I can tell you why it won't be reproduce-able there. The issue stems from 1 time zone issue. Korea is under same time zone - no issue.

Trying to cover EU/NA in 1 time zone - big issue resulting in this bug among other, let's say, problems.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast