+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Character Name Change

Not a good idea. People will get reputations on the server they play. If you get a bad reputation, you should live with it or change your ways.
    Officer of the Aurorian Empire

Quote Originally Posted by Dotti View Post
    Not a good idea. People will get reputations on the server they play. If you get a bad reputation, you should live with it or change your ways.
    Technically, that can be used as a reason for establishing the feature. I know, one can restore their reputation if they try hard. But many others when facing, say, slander will rather change their ID to escape it. Not all can weather others' attitude towards them - and no, don't say something like "they deserve it" or "carebears" if you don't plan to elaborate.
    Adventurer - Murderous raider with delusions of grandeur

reason is gender change.

Just Sayin...

I don't know about BETA but it seems like allowing people to buy ONE name change per character is not that big of a deal. I really like my character's name but there is some hard core racist drama going on that makes me wish I could change my name which means "The Light" in my second language so that I stop getting targeted for bull, making it impossible for me to quest. So yeah, the option to buy just ONE name change per toon seems fair. As opposed to having to delete my levelled, geared toon because of other people's ignorance and bull.

I hope they never add name change. People who built bad reputations shouldn't be able to go anonymous.

Isn't a name change option a bad idea in a game that condones scamming?

Quote Originally Posted by Starlix View Post
    Isn't a name change option a bad idea in a game that condones scamming?
    They condone scamming because if you have an IQ above 15, you should not be scammed at all. And if you do, you are stupid. Easy as that.

And they earn creditsales for the scammable trades to go safe and nicely.

I fully support Name Change !
    Why it should not matter if it happens ?
    People with Bad Rep will just be the same with a new name .
    Let the spend their IRL money in clearing their rep with a new name weekly lol .
    "Give a Man a Mask and he'll become his true self"

I do not support name change.

Why?

Most people buying game accounts from bots, or stealing accounts from different players allowing them to change names meaning they give money to gold sellers, and player sellers.

thats why gold sellers have been botting many Dark runners / Abolishers / popular builds in order for them to sell it in black market

If name change is implemented, players would buy those accounts and change their names. and wallah!

magic.

Name Change Scroll soon to be in lotto boxes! Buy Buy Buy! xD
    A Wild Locket Has Appeared!

♫♥♪♥♪♥♫
    XOXO
    ♫♥♪♥♪♥♫
    Locket | Salphira | Alchemist | Archer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast