+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: @Celestrata: is this considered an exploit/blocking?

@Celestrata: is this considered an exploit/blocking?

I'm a land grabber, so yes people dislike me and no I'm not going to defend myself or justify it, except in the sense that I land grab fairly, my ping and reaction speed is good, which is why I win often, but I do lose.. That being said, my question that is aimed at Celestrata/Trion

When land demo's, you can place a Winter Maidens Festival Phonograph down to block land from being placed over it. Is this considered an exploit or blocking? Normally i'd ignore it and just continue on, but there is an individual on the server Kyrios, west faction, that uses this for EVERY demo that happens. He often waits until the last second to place it and places a smaller property between it until he can come back later to demo for the bigger plot. I'd expect this to be considered blocking at the very least, but i'd like an official response?
    The players name is "Slashingmachine" on kyrios, west faction. (Svensen also does it, but not nearly as much and I don't have screenshots of him yet.)

Screenshot of him using the phonograph as proof. (Yes i know he has a 8x8 placed under it which would cause the property to be red like that, but I didn't manage to take the screenshot before that. The phonograph still blocks it, wouldn't recommend trying it, but if you do you'll see it works.)

Please let me know an official response. Tired of seeing this done, even if I'm not a land grabber, I can imagine it is unfair to any/all players.

haha land graber cray over other land graber tha get smart then him w8 he not us scripted hack demo post bulding like you and stil can get land you must be pissed so bad this dude is me hero he shudl do it to all land grabers

How is this an exploit? You can only place a phonograph down on either land you own or open land right? He already beat you with an 8x8 so I don't see the point of the phonograph unless I am wrong in the previous assumption and he isn't blocking you from any npc. Are you sure the musicbox wasn't there before. They do not get destroyed at demo and become open loot items if the house expires.

Instead of standing there trying to put down a house that you obviously can't place, why don't you just go steal his phonograph to make you feel better.

* I just noticed you were trying to do the same thing I guess with the Christmas musicbox in the toolbar?*

get rekt

Quote Originally Posted by Cracker View Post
    How is this an exploit? You can only place a phonograph down on either land you own or open land right? He already beat you with an 8x8 so I don't see the point of the phonograph unless I am wrong in the previous assumption and he isn't blocking you from any npc.

Instead of standing there trying to put down a house that you obviously can't place, why don't you just go steal his phonograph to make you feel better.

* I just noticed you were trying to do the same thing I guess with the Christmas musicbox in the toolbar?*
    long ago i used it to test it, if i had tried here on this demo, i'd of placed it. so no i was not trying to place a phonograph.

and as is aid, i am aware he placed an 8x8 and that caused me not to be able to place it.. and as i mentioned you can try it yourself!! As land goes to "demolition" and goes red/attackable, it is now open land, meaning he can place the phonograph down last second blocking any form of land placement that overlaps the phonograph. Regardless of me being a land grabber, and yea this will help me out if it's preventable, but what about the demo's I don't attend? It's not like I attend EVERY one. What about the average player who is trying for it? Screw them they don't matter because this guy is screwing over a land grabber? He does this to every demo (I have many people whisper me later and tell me about him and how he phonographs.)
    If he blocks me and me alone, fine, that's my problem and i'll deal with it, I'll be unhappy with it, but i'll deal with it. If he pushes me out of land grabbing, then now he becomes the land grabber everyone hates.. it's always someone.. So how does that change the fact that it's an unfair advantage and a form of blocking? I want an official response mainly because I am unsure of it, if they consider it legit and fair gameplay, fine that's ok, but as far as I am aware blocking is not just an npc.. it's blocking players from doing in game mechanics/content (Disregarding pvp prevention from world events and such, obviously that's different) but blocking with haulers over bridges, with trees etc is bannable.. so why shouldn't this be?

like they said, you're rekt...

having said that, if placing a music box will block palcement, then I think it's an exploit, and shouldn't be allowed...from anyone. Period.
    Is anyone else sad to know that people will rant and rave about being banned when they know damn good and well they broke the rules? Sadder still is the energy consumption and the lengths they will go to so they can continue to break them... and the threads they post when they finally get caught.

I am not trying to pick a fight but I am trying to understand what you are saying and what I see in the picture. The land demos I go to and attend are literally over in .001 seconds of the land going red and it takes a full 1-2 seconds to drop a pack/phonograph doesn't it? If he is dropping the pack before you place/build the property then I would say your reflexes are not as good as you originally stated.

I am not trying to pick a fight but I am trying to understand what you are saying and what I see in the picture. The land demos I go to and attend are literally over in .001 seconds of the land going red and it takes a full 1-2 seconds to drop a pack/phonograph doesn't it? If he is dropping the pack before you place/build the property then I would say your reflexes are not as good as you originally stated.
    Land goes red, gets destroyed, 20 seconds later other land can be placed. If you place that at 17seconds, you just screwed over everyone trying to place.

At least, thats what I thinks happening here, correct me if Im wrong.
    Lucius, you shall not be forgotten.

Fiain of Nazar - Thought to be the lone eastern rper.
    The High Council - proud member.

He can place the winter maiden phonograph down as soon as the land starts demoing. You know, the part where it turns red to everyone and has no owner anymore? And you can't place down any land that goes over the phonograph while it's still up. I haven't used one in a while, but the last I remember, the phonograph lasts more than a few seconds when placed down. All you have to do is have your alt start placing it down like a second before the plot would expire and then you can just place a smaller plot down while everyone standing around is still trying to place the full size plot and wondering why the hell the spot is open but can't place land down
    Quote Originally Posted by Rngesus View Post
    God I love these threads; they make me feel so warm and fuzzy inside.
    Devout worshipper of RNGesus and Scapes, dual wielder of keyboards, 180k wordsmith. I'm Leeroygankins, now stop asking who I am in-game
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage1337 View Post
    It's insulting to see that Trion put forth ANY effort into "saving sheepie".

Really is saddening...
    Savage hates Sheepie

My apologies if i was being aggressive/hostile in anyways.
    To explain fully then.
    If the land is protected until say 9:50, it will turn red at 9:50 and be attackable. The moment it becomes attackable, you can place things down on that land. it is no longer protected land. When you attack the building and it hits 0 hp, you have exactly 20 seconds until it disappears and land can be placed, at around the 18 second mark, he places the phonograph, which takes roughly 1 second to place, so you have 1 second before the land disappears and can be placed. And at demo's, land is instantly placed or well, within a second. So he makes it impossible to place land of equal size or placement.

If a 24x24 is demoing, he'll put it on the edge, JUST outside the boundaries of a 16x16 in the same spot, so when you go to place a 24x24 down, you can't, but you can place a 16x16. Which isn't the worst for land grabbers as they can anticipate this and have a 16x16 ready, but what about all the regular players who don't do land grabbing often and are trying for a demo? They won't know this is going to happen or expect it. 9/10 they'll place a 24x24 over a 24x24, why wouldn't you, right?

That's why I see this as an exploit and should be bannable.
    I'll try to get a better screenshot of it next time I see him. (Likely soon.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast