+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Is using a script to plant materials allowed?

Question Is using a script to plant materials allowed?

I have some fairly certain video evidence that somebody is using a script to plant singles. They are doing things like running into decor and not stopping, completely ignoring my any-post by planting perfectly around it without skipping a beat and not responding to simple chats. They also run mechanically.

Is this allowed? This would sure save me a lot of time and money planting. When I mentioned to the server about it, I heard that many people do it.

I want to make it clear I won't do it unless I get the OK from Trion.

Here is a clip of the suspected player being pretty obvious. I messaged them a few time earlier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAqUGHFLk8s

Thank you!

No, no scripts or macros of any kind are allowed. Of course tons of people use them just like all of the cheats and exploits in the game and they have an insanely low punishment rate. This is why Trion's motto from the community has become "Exploit Early, Exploit Often".

You should send the clip in to support so that it can be ignored like all the other tickets.

It's disgusting to think that I spent hours upon hours single planting, then realize it's honestly the ultimate effort in time vs labor/gold spent. But when I see this?

Spoiler:

It honestly makes me a bit upset. I want to play fairly and see fair play, which is why I feel there should be a stronger position against this from the publisher.

Yeah, if you want fair play then you should probably avoid Trion games. They have a long history back to their inception of being incredibly weak on cheaters, to the point that basically the only way to compete in their games is to either play twice as long as everyone else or cheat.

lol now thats just lazy

im fairly certain that what u did with mailbox is considered blocking and against the rules at any rate. while you can call the video fishy, it by no means is proof of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Gudkatt View Post
    im fairly certain that what u did with mailbox is considered blocking and against the rules at any rate. while you can call the video fishy, it by no means is proof of anything.
    Definitely blocking someone. Celestra, per the terms of the blocking policy you yourself posted, please ban this player immediately. If you do not take action against blatant admission or video proof of blocking everyone will start doing it and eventually we'll all be stuck exactly where we are when we log in. Please action this immediately in order to save the game we all know and love before it is ruined by these griefers.

Yep, mailbox is blocking the planting. Someone breaking rules doesn't give you the right to break a rule in return against them. Pls ban Sephina of Kraken, Celestrata.

Quote Originally Posted by Traciatim View Post
    Yeah, if you want fair play then you should probably avoid Trion games. They have a long history back to their inception of being incredibly weak on cheaters, to the point that basically the only way to compete in their games is to either play twice as long as everyone else or cheat.
    To an extent though trac i cant think of ANY online MMO that HASNT had its fair share of cheaters/exploiters/etc etc. Each one is always "Worse than the last one" and so forth.

It seems all common sense has evaporated from the population. Fishy? I threw down a box to get the guy's attention. If he would have yelled at me after I watched him single plant an entire 24 earlier, that would have alerted me that he was at the PC paying attention to what he was doing. I took an educated guess based on what I had witnessed that he wasn't actually at the PC (is it blocking if nobody is there? :P) But he didn't, and instead like clockwork continued to plant.

You may say "fishy," but I say this is as close to a slam dunk as I can get without being at their PC. Similarly, Trion can only surmise if someone is botting. Based on the mix of robotic running, running into decor and not seeming to care, planting perfect connections without taking time to line it up AND doing it from under a gazebo when the camera would get all wonky from there, I think it's safe to say he isn't doing that by hand.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast