+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Server Balance issues,

Hybrid View

Server Balance issues,

So I'm on kraken and we have some balance issues, early AM east is a bit stronger but for the majority of the day the west faction dominates everything.

Trion needs to offer incentive to balance the factions somehow, this is the only solution.

They could offer to give out a free bound epherium grade set for creating a east toon and leveling it to 50(think hellkissed grade) , get a delph grade weapon for leveling it to 55. All items bound of course to prevent them from ending up back on west.

Balance problems solved and it would bring old players back to the game.

what do you all think?

hate to see servers die from balance issues like Naima did.
    IGN: Draco | Server: [strike]Naima[/strike] | Kraken | Faction: Nui
    Guild: Shipwrecked

Free faction change but it's probably too much work for XL.

And Morpheus is dominated by East....swings and round-a-bouts

Look the whole faction thing has become a bit of a joke now anyway. East dominates until West dominates until the leading east guild and west guild form an unholy alliance and they dominate the server and server dies. They are better off getting rid of factions altogether and just make everyone outside your guild neutral.

Those kind of threads wont work out because people on the opposite faction which is dominating will complain about how unfair to giving free stuffs to other players, and since they have more people they will be the majority and they dont want to lose their advantages either.

The only solution is for the losing faction to have a group of whales to P2W. That's how these games make money.

I'm on the dominate faction, just don't want to see our server die again like it did with Naima balance issues.

We also need more incentive for people to go into the ocean, I need some ocean pvp please.

They could allow people to do a quest to change affiliation but it would only allow the quest to be active for the less dominate faction. Could base that on who is winning the world events.
    IGN: Draco | Server: [strike]Naima[/strike] | Kraken | Faction: Nui
    Guild: Shipwrecked

It's like they've said on stream - they can't force players to participate in whatever content is decided to be thrown in the game.
    Get with a group of people that actually want to see something done and get to work.
    Official wiki: http://wiki.archeagegame.com/Main_Page
    I've finally infiltrated Reddit - DatNeoVictrix is me

Quote Originally Posted by Player A
    and thats exactly why im complaining, if i, a severe addict ot the game is on the verge of quitting and refuses to give the money at this point, is that not a sign of negativity from your most veteran playerbase?
    Quote Originally Posted by Player B
    It indicates that one player is disgruntled, and probably plays with a land-rush mentality; the kind of people for which no content is ever enough.

Plus if you give 'incentive' for joining the other side, only thing that will happen is that the dominating side will create alts on the lower side, get the incentives then send them to their mains (if it's a material incentive, a faction bonus would be harder, but still usable for farming).

It does break down to getting people to the events, while harder for the underdog, it's not impossible.

In the end it's up to the players, not Trion, to want to play the game.
    Server: Kadum
    Faction: East/West

Experience colours perception.

Fun fact: Salphira was dominated by west at release and through Auroria launch. It is now dominated by East and has been for probably a year now.

OP, things change. Give it a few months and see who the major players are on your server and I bet you will be pleasantly surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravetigger View Post
    Fun fact: Salphira was dominated by west at release and through Auroria launch. It is now dominated by East and has been for probably a year now.

OP, things change. Give it a few months and see who the major players are on your server and I bet you will be pleasantly surprised.
    This happened on Inoch. The thing is, the West dominated for, what, 3-4 months? And then the East has had control for 2-3 times that long. I heard most servers are East-skewed as well. I think Halycona gives the East a huge advantage in being able to make more intercontinental trades --> make more gold than West --> get better gear over West --> dominate West. That just seems to be the trend for most servers. It sounds like Kraken is an outlier.
    IGN: Lyvectra
    Server: Inoch Hanure Thunderwing Kadum

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast