+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: @Trion - Ups! You did it again!- Disclosure

Thumbs up @Trion - Ups! You did it again!- Disclosure

First let me start by congratulating the minds behind this regrade event, specially so close to Christmas and taking advantage of the holidays. Very well done. I really hope you fill your pockets with tons of cash!

I am patron no more! My subscription ended last week and yes I was paying real cash for it, but! Enough is enough and today was the last drop!

Something to think about:
    Apart from the cash Trion will make what advantages does this regrade event brings to the game economy and gameplay?

In my case I've worked like crazy in the game to get my gear right to the point where I could say... well I'm not the best but I'm not the worst and I could enjoy the game this way.

But, how fair was this regrade event to those of us who have spent what they had and what they didn't have to get some decent gear and now everyone will have the same or better than you? Frustrating no ?!?!

Basically this is a big snowball, when you think its over... it starts rolling again.

This will probably be my farewell to this game along with several of my comrades as we don't support games that take the fun and the will to be played in exchange for cash.

I wish the best of luck for those of you who stay and for you TRION... it's a pity you got so greedy you had a great game on your hands and now... it's just " One more "

Enjoy your gaming while you still can !

I will also be leaving the game do to this Regrade event. It ruined the game.

The purpose was to increase the average GS for all players across the board. People are still going to be bad, regardless of GS. What would've been your suggestion to people catching up in GS if they can't be online/swipe/no-life the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Kolkhis View Post
    The purpose was to increase the average GS for all players across the board. People are still going to be bad, regardless of GS. What would've been your suggestion to people catching up in GS if they can't be online/swipe/no-life the game?

Well they could have found another way of doing it without diminishing those who had spent that " time " which you claim to get their gear.
    Anyway life's not fair and capitalism is the way to go!

The event is working as intended.

If the casual players attempt to regrade with somehow inflated hopes of success, they will then quit after they break their items.

The credit cardu warriors will double swipe and get better gear.

Trion takes everyone's Christmas money while laughing all the way home.
    “We view any system that generates value, at a cost to customer happiness, as a broken system that we need to fix.”

Valve On In-Game Economy

Calim[Strike]Naima[/strike] Kraken East Support Archer

Quote Originally Posted by Phoztek View Post
    Well they could have found another way of doing it without diminishing those who had spent that " time " which you claim to get their gear.
    Anyway life's not fair and capitalism is the way to go!
    So what do you suggest? Easy to say "they could find another way" but what other way can you think of? If they give you free gear in the mail if you're below a certain GS, that's favoritism. That's the only way to normalize gear that I know of.

It's as if people have never played an MMO before. This aways happens. Hardcore players and in AAs case hardcore payers, get the best gear first, then when the gear gap is too big for the casuals and new players to complete it is made easier for them to catch up. It happens in every MMO I have ever played, I don't know why anyone is surprised it happened here and as annoying as it is for the people who spent more and played more it really is a necessary evil if you want to keep new and casual players playing, and the game needs them as much as it needs the hardcores who are now saying they will quit.
    Call me Cat.

Yes I do in fact have an opinion about everything. Thanks for asking.

The problem is there is an allure of winning the slot machine with this event and the less educated, casual players will try to regrade their gear, fail and quit.

My plan is to try and save up gold and buy gear because it is cheaper? That probably wont work either tho.
    “We view any system that generates value, at a cost to customer happiness, as a broken system that we need to fix.”

Valve On In-Game Economy

Calim[Strike]Naima[/strike] Kraken East Support Archer

Quote Originally Posted by Calim View Post
    The event is working as intended.

If the casual players attempt to regrade with somehow inflated hopes of success, they will then quit after they break their items.

The credit cardu warriors will double swipe and get better gear.

Trion takes everyone's Christmas money while laughing all the way home.
    The idea of this event is to help people with low gear score get better gear.

Since the effect of this buff stops at celestial, it has a minimal impact on actual whales - it makes it a little cheaper for them to get to divine, but divine is where the real challenge of top end gear begins.

So, it is a buff to regarding that applies to people with ♥♥♥♥ gear, but not to people with good gear. I honestly can't see what more you people could ever ask for.

Some people in this game are motivated. They have celestial, divine, epic or legendary buffs already. Some people are not as motivated, and have lesser buffs, this is the group this event is supposed to be helping. People in that group that are still not motivated enough with this increase to regard their gear to at least celestial are without excuses, and beyond hope in the context of this game as a whole.

Skill cap in this game is really low if they don't make gear easier to get more and more people will quit. Do you really want dead servers with your high Gs so you can feel good killing mobs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast