+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: @Trion - Ups! You did it again!- Disclosure

Agreed! Later Trino!
    -NA Calleil

Quote Originally Posted by Beard View Post
    I love reading these kinds of replies to this madness because they are so entirely full of ♥♥♥♥. I'm one of those people that quit, come back, and tried to use the event to my advantage to catch up to other players. Here's what happened:

Bought 400USD worth of gems and converted it to gold in preparation for the event -- why not since it's the only time we got an increase in the only thing that really matters in this game... a chance to upgrade your gear.

End result? Blew up 1 delph upgradable weapon, and 8 obsidian weapons all at celestial. No divines... all went to celestial and then poof. I literally threw 400USD at Trion and got nothing back. I have a level 55 character with nothing in their weapons slot now. Of course I took the risk knowing I'd have nothing, but I have never played a game so punishing and cruel. Now I'll be hovering over these forums posting hate until my account runs out on the 22nd, because I learned my lesson the hard way. But for someone to say that this event was intended for the newer players to catch up? No, no it's not. No new players are going to dump nearly as much money into the game. A new player might try a regrade or two, but you vets are just fooling yourselves. None of the newbies are playing catch up -- it's just you whales unfortunately. This event was aimed at YOU.

I'm happy for the people that it worked out for, but I can't imagine that I am alone in my decision.
    While that does suck for you, you are not grasping the intent of the event still.

The event is not for players to upgrade past celestial, even if it does allow for it - if that was the intent they would have temporarily removed the destruction chance on celestial regrades.

The event is actually for people to regrade *to* celestial.

Celestial is more than good enough to run the 2.5 dungeons (obviously only if the item is T4/epherium or higher), and so that is where they (XL) would like players to get to.

You tried to regrade beyond your means. While you may have had $400 converted to credits, with no in game income to speak of that is actually very little. You would have been better off investing that $400 in an income generating enterprise in game that could earn you that amount back every few weeks.

This game does allow you to buy your way up, but that costs a lot more than $400.

Quote Originally Posted by Noaani View Post
    The idea of this event is to help people with low gear score get better gear.

Since the effect of this buff stops at celestial, it has a minimal impact on actual whales - it makes it a little cheaper for them to get to divine, but divine is where the real challenge of top end gear begins.

So, it is a buff to regarding that applies to people with ♥♥♥♥ gear, but not to people with good gear. I honestly can't see what more you people could ever ask for.

Some people in this game are motivated. They have celestial, divine, epic or legendary buffs already. Some people are not as motivated, and have lesser buffs, this is the group this event is supposed to be helping. People in that group that are still not motivated enough with this increase to regard their gear to at least celestial are without excuses, and beyond hope in the context of this game as a whole.

Cant agree here with you Noaani - Let's keep it real, the intent of the event is to raise revenue for Trino and XL games prior to close of end of year financial period. Its a decent business revenue strategy but it is not, and lets cut the crap, not primarily designed to assist players despite the marketing rhetoric.

Also it certainly is affecting whales as the cost of input items (Divine ) will fall dramatically (already have) and is enticing a significantly greater number of Yolo's and is resulting in an increase in end game gear.... This is obvious?

It is not designed to greatly assist people with ♥♥♥♥ gear because despite the changes the process is still expensive and the outcomes not great for those who don't swipe and people with ♥♥♥♥ gear have ♥♥♥♥ gear for a reason, they aren't prepared to bridge the great divide to P2W and there is nothing wrong with that, but the only people likely to benefit from this event is the guy who sits of the fence is his investment to the game..

Poor is poor and its largely irrelevant of you have 4k in the bank if a Divine Sword of Asskicking falls from 8k to 6k...

Another observation is that this is more an armor event than a Weapon event..and that is not a bad thing for the game.

Lets keep it real folks and stop being ignorant of the genuine reasons behind the decisions in AA.

I have to agree with Noaani Beard, that does seem foolish sinking that much money into a Gamble that you then ended up blowing up all your weapons. Especially knowing that after celestial there's a chance for breakage.

As they say NEVER risk what you cant afford to lose when you're playing with RNG. You bet the house and well....that tends to happen. Sorry to hear that man.

Also RNG doesn't discriminate i know some whales that have "lost" more than some who weren't whales by any stretch of the means. Just because they have more money to spend on more rolls doesnt mean the odds are always in their favor.. just means they have...more rolls.

To be fair sobrien i dont think we need to worry about Trion making revenue i mean all events in this game are designed to keep people playing and paying hopefully. Kind of what the business of MMOs is all about. its ALWAYS going to be about that bottom line because...well... Its a business. At the end of th eday if they aint making money we dont get a game *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Empyreus View Post
    To be fair sobrien i dont think we need to worry about Trion making revenue i mean all events in this game are designed to keep people playing and paying hopefully. Kind of what the business of MMOs is all about. its ALWAYS going to be about that bottom line because...well... Its a business. At the end of th eday if they aint making money we dont get a game *shrugs*
    Hi Emp

I'm in business and I don't disagree with your points on making a profit.

My challenge to the suppliers of this entertainment is to advise us then of their strategy for revenue generation and do they have a short, medium or long term one in mind.

There are two components to business and fundamentally its a silent pact or contract that operates on the basis of mutual investment.
    I will continue to support your product on the basis that your goals and vision for the product matches my own needs and desires and importantly that the time frame and scale match.

Very few engage in a MOO from the customer side expecting to play for only a few months if the game meets their needs, its a long term investment, but if everyone here understood that Trino had a short term smash and crash strategy to fleece the customer base and exit the game after 18 months the game would die overnight.

Therefore Trino have to market the game with a long term pitch but their behaviour indicates they have a short term vision which is misleading to much of their customer base and they are breaching the social or implied contract with their customers in doing so.

This is what will kill the game eventually.

White knighting their actions is almost indefencible and actually provide support for their actions, and its shameful to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
    Cant agree here with you Noaani - Let's keep it real, the intent of the event is to raise revenue for Trino and XL games prior to close of end of year financial period. Its a decent business revenue strategy but it is not, and lets cut the crap, not primarily designed to assist players despite the marketing rhetoric.

Also it certainly is affecting whales as the cost of input items (Divine ) will fall dramatically (already have) and is enticing a significantly greater number of Yolo's and is resulting in an increase in end game gear.... This is obvious?

It is not designed to greatly assist people with ♥♥♥♥ gear because despite the changes the process is still expensive and the outcomes not great for those who don't swipe and people with ♥♥♥♥ gear have ♥♥♥♥ gear for a reason, they aren't prepared to bridge the great divide to P2W and there is nothing wrong with that, but the only people likely to benefit from this event is the guy who sits of the fence is his investment to the game..

Poor is poor and its largely irrelevant of you have 4k in the bank if a Divine Sword of Asskicking falls from 8k to 6k...

Another observation is that this is more an armor event than a Weapon event..and that is not a bad thing for the game.

Lets keep it real folks and stop being ignorant of the genuine reasons behind the decisions in AA.
    I have no doubt that Trion are making a bit more money from this event, but if they want an outright cash grab there are far better things they could do. I mean, even just allowing people to use charms for ship regards for a few weeks would generate them more money than this event.

Making money was almost certainly a factor in how this event was shaped, but there is no way it is the motivation behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by TwiddlyWink View Post
    Skill cap is only low if you play a chessrunner or a bubblespell. Play a real class and it is very high.
    I play none of those classes but you have to be delusional if you think playing something other then normal 3 classes takes anymore skill only difference is your Gs requirements go up. Maybe if they made gear not a life time investment people would play different classes and they could make meaningful class balancing changes without making people quit because they spent 5k on a class that gets nerfed.

Don't even stress, I learned a valuable lesson and I'll be stalking the forums attempting to pass it on. If not now, then it would have happened later. Lets say the regrade money I spent was successful -- then more spending would have followed. I start dumping more and more because it's convenient. As the game went on less people start playing until most are just sick of spending so much money on the game. You have a smaller and smaller pool of players, until you literally know everyone that plays. You start seeing the same 100 people over and over during war time, then 80, then 50, then 30. No new players will join in because once you're 5k behind on gearscore, you have no option but to pay boatloads of money. No new players will do that upfront making the gap between new players and veterans too intimidating.

Lets not beat around the bush anymore, you can't be free to play and remain competitive in this game. Certainly not with a full-time job, significant other, whatever. This game doesn't cater to those that don't spend. I'll be playing GW2 again for the mean time until Shards Online or Crowfall come out -- games where spending an entry fee is enough to unlock the rest of the game... you know, like all other normal games

EDIT:
    I have no doubt that Trion are making a bit more money from this event, but if they want an outright cash grab there are far better things they could do. I mean, even just allowing people to use charms for ship regards for a few weeks would generate them more money than this event.

Making money was almost certainly a factor in how this event was shaped, but there is no way it is the motivation behind it.
    This is the worse kind of delusion
    Nox - Enla

We will have to agree to disagree and the proof will be in the Trion financials and shareholder reports for this period.
    Don't agree on the ship theory and everyone has armor (which it appears to be the item most effected) and the ship regrades are already easy enough to obtain. I have had 3 mythic sails for 5 months, but no divine armor as yet to prove my point.

It appears to me the greatest player investment at this point is in Cash shop boxes in order to get the charms required to conduct the regrading.
    Apex appears to be coming down and the market is flooded by players trying to raise cash to buy the charms. Charms consequently are now stupid expensive...

The easiest cash grab would have been direct Superior and red regrade charms but that seems too obvious even for Trino.. And using the Chest RNG ♥♥♥♥ outcomes process mean no guaranteed Charms so the Whales are probably swiping harder with the current setup...

So no on reflection this is about as blatant and obvious a cash grab there could be...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast