+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Red Dragon only for the Mainlanders?

Quote Originally Posted by Quillodon View Post
    Hmm... We actually received some changes to the "Crimson Shadow" quest on friday that might affect this once Bloodsong is released. I'll have a look on monday and get back to you.

For reference: Is it JUST the Evenbards that are stopping you guys, or do all the NPCs in the brownscale wyrmkin camp hate pirates too? (It's the weekend, and I don't have a pirate on my play account.)
    Can uhhh, you be the CM plz?

Quote Originally Posted by BigFluffyDoggy View Post
    other regions got them BEFORE 2.5, we will get them with 2.5, because korea re-introduced them

we weren't getting the original implementation because reasons but we will for sure get them

also on the livestream they briefly talked about player nations in 2.5, instead of just saying they werent coming
    Nice! I might start working on the materials for it then Always wanted a black pearl.. just sucks you got to give it up :'(
    Shamblez
    <We Few>
    I heard Melee was all the Rage?? The.. Battle...Rage...
    I am a Pirate... arr?

Quote Originally Posted by arby View Post
    So, why is it the players that want to be ♥♥♥♥bags are always the ones that want special treatment?

Thats how they become one in the first place.
    EU / Retribution / Haranya / <Bratrstvo> A hladame novych hracov...
    Austeran Judge / Member of the Crimson Watch / An ordinary cat / Curator of Museum
    As a species, we are capable of love, of wonder, of staggering feats of creativity and sensitivity. Yet at the highest, global level, these are not the sentiments which rule. Large scale human history can be seen, as much as anything else, as a series of titanic dramas with the single animating principle: we will ****ing kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamblez View Post
    We are a faction and just like the other two factions, we want to be able to contest and kill The Red Dragon as it is a boss in this game and being pirate should not prevent you from being able to do end game content. That isn't the kind of game I signed up for. I was attracted to the PvP/Open World Bosses. Makes no sense to make one boss unable to be killed by Pirates who are a faction in the game.

Same arguments as "let pirates kill morpheus" back in the day because you all needed it for dream ring quest, but you can (or could, don't know if patched) just exploit it. Maybe not all end game content is available to pirates, and knowing this you went to be pirate anyways. Pirate has the two faction recruitment benefit and the ability to steal any boat without infamy. If they are going to start giving benefits to pirates then mainlanders need equivalent benefits, as such war time means greens can bloodlust without infamy.

All dreaming aside, plenty of people have had fine success re-rolling factions or servers, if your players aren't committed enough to do that and only want to half-♥♥♥ it to pirate faction, then maybe the content should stay locked.

Quote Originally Posted by Literally View Post
    Same arguments as "let pirates kill morpheus" back in the day because you all needed it for dream ring quest, but you can (or could, don't know if patched) just exploit it. Maybe not all end game content is available to pirates, and knowing this you went to be pirate anyways. Pirate has the two faction recruitment benefit and the ability to steal any boat without infamy. If they are going to start giving benefits to pirates then mainlanders need equivalent benefits, as such war time means greens can bloodlust without infamy.

All dreaming aside, plenty of people have had fine success re-rolling factions or servers, if your players aren't committed enough to do that and only want to half-♥♥♥ it to pirate faction, then maybe the content should stay locked.
    You actually make no sense. So basically, show up, get killed, go to jail or otherwise re-roll to another sever and give up everything I have built because you have some messed up sense of reality? Cheers bud.

I am merely asking for a way for us to LEGITIMATELY contest you without a clear unfair advantage stacked on top of your already existing clear advantages (Free farming a server, mass recruiting and out numbering at a words notice and out gearing). Unless you actually love the PvE and don't wish for anyone to contest you? I mean let's be honest. Us coming to contest you at Red Dragon is the same as us saying "Come take Morpheus contested", we both know the result so therefore we don't do it as it is a waste of time and resources.
    Shamblez
    <We Few>
    I am a Pirate... arr?

Quote Originally Posted by Shamblez View Post

I am merely asking for a way for us to LEGITIMATELY contest you
    i didnt say reroll another server, but how about having a whole guild that's the same faction?

it's not easy to reroll a faction is it? but you give ♥♥♥♥ to people who have. how about you and the easterners in your guild nut up and all reroll west so you can play the game as you desire?

toooooooooooooo hard, better just post ♥♥♥♥ on the forums.

you have certain advantages as your chosen faction, pirate, and clear disadvantages. play around them and stop crying that it's not what you like.

Another Issue I forgot to mention, Leadership. It has become quite obvious to everyone that Pirates have a VERY hard time getting the 4000 Leadership even with attending EVERYTHING. These are the discrepancies:

Pirates are clearly disadvantaged in the ability to gain leadership compared to the other factions.
    Shamblez
    <We Few>
    I am a Pirate... arr?

*WARNING* Do not even think of giving priates red dragon the game is carebear enough with both factions working together, letting them join one faction is a god dam joke!

9.   This is the last Archeage Team post in this thread.   #39
    Hey guys!

So I finished localizing the new Red Dragon quest text, and I can confirm some things for you but not others.

I CAN tell you there is no more dragon egg, and no more Dancing Goddess's Hunt. Any player (including pirates) will be able to craft a Red Dragon's Doom and shoot down the dragon, which will appear at a set time. That was in the text I worked on, and I'd be very surprised if it changed.

What I CAN'T discuss is how often the dragon will appear, how the new conflict/war cycle will work, or whether or not pirates will be safe in Karkasse. These are things that are outside of my department, so I have very little (read: none at all) vision/control over them until we get XL's finalized live build.

So it seems like yes, pirates will be able to engage the dragon without needing a workaround "green" alt. But it is quite possible that it will still be very risky for them, since Karkasse is still on Nuia and therefore subject to Nuian law. Final answers on that as we get closer to Bloodsong release.

Hope that helps!
    -Quill

EDIT: Also, the new quest rewards a sweet "Dragon Slayer" title (no stats), which pirates will be unable to get because everyone in Karkasse hates you. But that shouldn't really surprise you guys, I assume. Earning heroic-sounding titles for saving people isn't exactly what piracy is all about =P

Quote Originally Posted by Quillodon View Post
    EDIT: Also, the new quest rewards a sweet "Dragon Slayer" title (no stats), which pirates will be unable to get because everyone in Karkasse hates you.
    That about sums it up
    Tahyang - East
    ♪ Fayble A.K.A. Noel ♪
    Retirement Home

"Fables are important, not because they tell us monsters are real, but because they teach us monsters can be defeated"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast