Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: [BUG] Graphical glitches, including black textures/misloaded textures [RESOLVED]

1.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #1
    ArcheAge Associate Producer Celestrata Bloodsong's Avatar

[BUG] Graphical glitches, including black textures/misloaded textures [RESOLVED]

Update 12/21: Tomorrow's patch has a new graphics shader that may correct some of the issues players are experiencing regarding black textures. The patch will be on PTS, so we encourage players to try it out on the test server to see if it correctly fixes their issues.

Description: After the Winter Maiden Update, users began reporting issues regarding malfunctioning in-game textures. Problems include lower than expected framerate, black textures, textures that are slow to load, and the game loading the wrong textures

Status: XL has confirmed with us that this issue is not just affecting our region, but all ArcheAge regions (JP, RU, KR, NA & EU) after the most recent update. XL has traced the problem back to the CryTek engine itself, and are working on a fix that will be delivered to all publishers.
    Seraphina "Celestrata" Brennan
    Associate Producer, ArcheAge
    Scheherazade -- Morpheus <Haranya Preservation Society>

Looking for help? Contact our support team! | Visit the website for the latest news
    | Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

now the big question has XL given a time frame for that fix to be delivered?

also, is there anything that we can do in the interim, at the client end, to alleviate the symptoms so the game can be somewhat playable. e.g. run in DX9? turn down/off some effects? etc?

Thanks you.
    West ~ Thunderwind

Thank you so much for the update! Glad to see that the problem seems to have been identified.

Quote Originally Posted by Galadriane View Post
    EDIT: Nvm, misread some of the post.

NEED HELP
    Since the new patch i cant play because my screen is all black,but i can hear and see the mouse,but cant even log in some server...already tryed everything and nothing can solve my problem,what should i do??

We found a fix for it right at the start, it's simple, just delete the Shaders temp in MyDocumets/Archeage/... and you won't encounter this problems again.
    Veteran KR/RU/Alpha player, The Hamster
    General BrutLeX from Kyprosa(EU) / Primeval since day1

Quote Originally Posted by BrutLeX View Post
    We found a fix for it right at the start, it's simple, just delete the Shaders temp in MyDocumets/Archeage/... and you won't encounter this problems again.
    Except that hasn't fixed it for everyone. In fact, for many it just makes it worse because you're forcing the cache to regenerate when for those players, slow regeneration is a symptom of the issue.

The fix for me:
    Re-install archeage
    Save a copy of the install location folder
    Save a copy of the archeage folder in your my documents

Whenever you have a problem, close the game, delete these two folders and restore from your backup. I believe only the my documents archeage folder is needed, as it contains the cached info, but I do both.
    Pirate 4 lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by BrutLeX View Post
    No, that's not the end-all. Many of us are still experiencing bad issues, that actually makes it worse for some having to reload those.

9.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #9
    ArcheAge Associate Producer Celestrata Bloodsong's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Galadriane View Post

also, is there anything that we can do in the interim, at the client end, to alleviate the symptoms so the game can be somewhat playable. e.g. run in DX9? turn down/off some effects? etc?

Thanks you.
    XL has not yet given an ETA for when the fix will be implemented. However, the priority on this is very high, as it's affecting all regions of the game simultaneously.
    Seraphina "Celestrata" Brennan
    Associate Producer, ArcheAge
    Scheherazade -- Morpheus <Haranya Preservation Society>

Looking for help? Contact our support team! | Visit the website for the latest news
    | Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

I've noticed that if you turn off the lighting options down at the very bottom of the window, it makes the load in time more bearable. I work with an SSD for archeage and disabling those settings dropped my laggy load in time from 2-3 mins to 5 seconds for textures to load in independently. So 5 seconds after one comes in, another one will. But keep in mind that's running archeage on an ssd

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast