+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: @Khrolan @Celestrata @Trion; AN AWESOME solution to bots at house demos.

@Khrolan @Celestrata @Trion; AN AWESOME solution to bots at house demos.

A small preview of what it COULD look like.

Require a CAPTCHA to be typed in prior to clicking "build" at house demolitions. This method will take care of all the bots at them.

Make the CAPTCHA 6-12 letters at random and some letters more visible than others, so the same person doesn't win every single house demo too.

Setup a way to record the typing in of the CAPTCHA, so if people try to bypass it with modified game files you can easily check it and ban them.

A really awesome idea. Once again, please implement it if it is possible.

Thank you!

EDIT: To add to the OP;

They are implementing a CAPTCHA system to combat bots very soon. This would be an adaptation of that system.

If this system were implemented, bots would no longer win house demos, nor will one person win all the house demos.

If they introduce the recording of the CAPTCHA put in, then people can screenshot the plot/house the person won and they can check to see if the person typed in the CAPTCHA or if it was bypassed with modified game files.

Having random 6-12 letters per CAPTCHA will enable people with less WPM to still win at house demos.

It is a flawless system and it will get rid of all the bots @ house demos. Only a bot wouldn't like this idea, or someone who doesn't fully grasp it's potential.
    Hustling is Morpheus server's #1 Hustler in all things Hustling.
    If you think you've been Hustled by the infamous Hustling, then perhaps you deserved to be Hustled by Hustling.
    Hustling is proud to be an American Hero and a Death and Taxes member.
    Youtube video of Hustling beating Thanks For Playing in a dominion 2v100; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCMz86_T3A0

no ^

How about they just auto IP ban everyone running autohotkey software while the game client is up?

I mean, the ToS goes on and on about monitoring your PC while the game client is in use. How bout it? How bout Trion actually starts monitoring user PCs for bot software, the way it says they will in the Terms of Service?

Quote Originally Posted by Eutropius View Post
    How about they just auto IP ban everyone running autohotkey software while the game client is up?

I mean, the ToS goes on and on about monitoring your PC while the game client is in use. How bout it? How bout Trion actually starts monitoring user PCs for bot software, the way it says they will in the Terms of Service?
    What about Razer software that you can record macros? or Asus Keybot? There is too much crap that comes pre-installed or is used as drivers to do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smeglmao View Post
    They should update windows defender to prevent ddos
    ILY ALL, now follow me twitch ya wee bastards:
    https://www.twitch.tv/rostrax

Need smth to avoid ppl making multiple thread over the same topic. specially when it occur the same day (even the same hour)...

This is actually a player suggestion i could get behind D:
    I like sloths
    Kyrios - Nebins
    Reckoning - Nebins <Foot Fetish>
    Banned Apparently

Role-Play Off! \o/

RIP i can only type like 22 words a minute. I'll never get a house again.

This subject has been debated over and over since launch. Personally I feel the only true way to make land grabs somewhat fair is:

X amount of minutes before demo you can place your name in a hat
    To qualify for the drawing you must be within X units of the property and have a valid size plan & the correct amount certs to place in your bag
    At demo RNG picks a player as winner and only they can place their plan

All other means seem to be hackable or dependent on ping

Edit: This would only apply to a system generated demo- if no one is there to place their name in the hat or owner demoed the land themselves it would be normal placing as it is now.
    I am outraged that you are outraged, and if you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

They are implementing a CAPTCHA system to combat bots very soon. This would be an adaptation of that system.

If this system were implemented, bots would no longer win house demos, nor will one person win all the house demos.

If they introduce the recording of the CAPTCHA put in, then people can screenshot the plot/house the person won and they can check to see if the person typed in the CAPTCHA or if it was bypassed with modified game files.

Having random 6-12 letters per CAPTCHA will enable people with less WPM to still win at house demos.

It is a flawless system and it will get rid of all the bots @ house demos. Only a bot wouldn't like this idea, or someone who doesn't fully grasp it's potential.
    Hustling is Morpheus server's #1 Hustler in all things Hustling.
    If you think you've been Hustled by the infamous Hustling, then perhaps you deserved to be Hustled by Hustling.
    Hustling is proud to be an American Hero and a Death and Taxes member.
    Youtube video of Hustling beating Thanks For Playing in a dominion 2v100; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCMz86_T3A0

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast