+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: @Celestrata Patron Sale Issues

Exclamation @Celestrata Patron Sale Issues

Please consider a mulligan redo on the patron sale. It was delayed going into effect, never got a news article or red forum announce post, and apparently it's bugged and/or ended early.* Sale prices and mentions are gone from public site when I looked around 9pm EST; after login there is still a sale mention but prices back to regular, and the annual option isn't showing up at all. Pic:

patronsale.png

*Celestrata advised sale prices through Jan 4 here: http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...he-Patron-Sale.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata Bloodsong View Post
    Your answers in order:

1. Yes, but you will have to pay the 6 months up front instead of paying each month. That said, it is much cheaper to do that, especially with the sale on right now.
    2. Yes, your sale pricing will continue as long as you stay on an auto-renew subscription. However, should you change payment methods or if your subscription is halted, your sale pricing will end.
    3. The sale will be here until January 4th.

And, related but unrelated, we've taken the sale article down for now. Our brand new 12 month patron option did not show up appropriately in the store, and we're holding off on the article for now until that item is up and ready.
    I found the sale prices attractive, but I'd bought a 6mos sub recently so I sent in a ticket asking if I could upgrade that to the new annual and pay the difference. Props for fast response but the answer was no, and now the sale's gone early, so more $$ from me has been missed a couple different ways here. So again, please consider a redo, and also please consider allowing upgrades during sale period to encourage people to upgrade to longer subs and so that people who already have them aren't penalized.

P.S. As long as I'm here, I don't understand timing this sale right at/after xmas, when people are pretty much guaranteed to be shorter on cash from holiday spending. IMHO this would be much better as a black fri sale.

Same, please get this checked.

Delayed going into effect
    Never received an promotional mail
    Never saw a news article
    Not even sure where it was posted on forums, only saw that there were questions about it
    Last day was supposed to be the 4th. Sale prices were not present on the 4th
    Twelve month option still not available

Quote Originally Posted by CorScor View Post
    P.S. As long as I'm here, I don't understand timing this sale right at/after xmas, when people are pretty much guaranteed to be shorter on cash from holiday spending. IMHO this would be much better as a black fri sale.
    I completely agree with the timing thing.

I was going to buy a sub for my alt, but with the holidays I had to put money in the bank first, and had to wait out the banks closed days to do it. So...I put money in, and when I got home from work the sale pricing is gone. My fiance was thinking about the sale for him, too, (while simultaneously having the conversation of "do we really want to commit to a year when the game has so many issues?"). No subs for us, I guess!

hey guys are you sure it was gone early? could it be that it ended at 2400 on 4th Gmt? I am pretty sure it was there yesterday.

It ended Jan 4 00:00 CST

So if you ordered Jan 4th at 00:01 CST or any other time CST on January 4th, it wasn't there. The "Limited Time" splash was still across the top. I bit the bullet and decided to go for the sale today. I saw the price wasn't showing the sale price, and assumed the sale price would show up after clicking on the purchase button. No such luck.

I put in support tickets to Trino and got back:

Thank you for contacting us regarding ArcheAge. I apologize that we are unable to assist with this particular issue. The sale did run until the 4th, which means that the sale ended 01/04/2016 at 12:00AM CST. I apologize for the inconvenience, as we try to make every effort to correct any issue our players may have.
    "The sale will be here until January 4th" is EXTREMELY misleading if the intention was to take it down as soon as midnight hit. The only information I ever saw about this was people asking the question in the forums, and I kept waiting for some type of email announcing this sale with better information. I knew it was ending today, so gave up on getting information, and re-subbed.

Due to currency conversion and fees (cuz, hey, international purchasing FTW) even if they refund the difference to my credit card at this point, I'm kind of screwed out of the difference. Additional credits to make up the difference, or patron time would be acceptable.

An update gave me

Thank you for contacting us regarding ArcheAge. Unfortunately, we're unable to assist with your request. Support is unable to adjust the prices set on the store, even this close after a special or sale has ended. In addition to this, I'm afraid there isn't any one else you can contact regarding this issue either. I apologize for the inconvenience, as we try to make every effort to correct any issue our players may have.

I was able to obtain an update regarding this issue, and found out that this is actually a known issue currently. Our development team is aware of and working to address this issue, and we hope to have a fix in place soon!
    Thing is, I'm not sure which "issue" is being looked at, the sale ending early, or the splash saying that the sale was still on while still charging the non-sale price.

Bummer Mari. Suggest ask for refund instead of price adjust, and/or ask them to clarify what issue they're aware of. I'm going to reply to my ticket as well. I think the date must be a mistake, guessing there was a mixup re Jan 4 2015 (a Sunday) vs Jan 4 2016 (a Monday).

bump.

Also FYI I did get an email re sale on Dec 23, but clicking on the email link for more info just dumped me on the general news feed page bc the article re sale was taken down very fast apparently. If you didn't get an email maybe check if you're opted-in for Trion promo emails. However I didn't know about the sale from email- I only knew about it because I happened to be browsing the forum when someone posted a question about it, and then I went digging/posting for more info from there.

Quote Originally Posted by CorScor View Post
    bump.

Also FYI I did get an email re sale on Dec 23, but clicking on the email link for more info just dumped me on the general news feed page bc the article re sale was taken down very fast apparently. If you didn't get an email maybe check if you're opted-in for Trion promo emails. However I didn't know about the sale from email- I only knew about it because I happened to be browsing the forum when someone posted a question about it, and then I went digging/posting for more info from there.
    I'm opted in for them on multiple accounts (though most are kept F2P). They aren't hitting the spam folders. Many others have said they received no promotional email about this either. Perhaps they sent in batches and stopped the sending when they found the issue with the 12 month option?

Given that promotional emails often come out DAYS after events start, instead of hyping them up BEFORE events start, and in some cases after they've ended... I expect the promotional email will be out some time tomorrow.

BTW, no answer was ever given about the 12 month option and when/if it would be included in the sale price, and it never showed up under account management.

Customer service, as usual, is proving to be completely unhelpful. Perhaps they'll be more helpful during business hours?

The 12 month option is showing up on this public page, and it did eventually show up on sale there with the others; it was $100 for 12mos.
    http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/store/

But again, after login to account management the annual option was not and still is not present at all; this can be seen in first post pic. Also BTW the "Limited Time Sale" text highlighted in first pic is still present- that text should def be gone now.

ADVERTISING LESSON!!!!

"Until the 4th" means the days before the 4th, ie: 1,2,3

"Through the 4th" means the days before the 4th and INCLUDING the 4th, ie: 1,2,3,4

Sailing Sultan, Master of the Deep
    Wanderer AKA Greenjello
    Naima/Kraken
    ._ _
    | | | ._
    | | |_| | ArcheAge Cannons Comparison (EN)
    | __|_| | ArcheAge Interactive Decor Guide
    |/ .__/ | Ionnu's Tradepack Calculator
    .\_/___/

RNGesus helps those who help themsel.... awe who am I kidding, he helps no one.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast