+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Have I made the wrong decision?

Have I made the wrong decision?

I'm a fairly new player who picked Morpheus as their main server. It was the only server I saw consistently on High during the month I started playing (December).

Now I'm going through 50-55 the first time and I'm finding prices and a dead AH to be a real inconvenience. West is also really, really really bad at everything and that makes playing west painful and playing east boring. I was planning to go pirate but I've been warned away by drama horror stories about the only pirate guild on the server.

Is it any better on kyrios or kraken? Are the server cluster markets more active, with more competitive prices? Are east and west more equal to each other in competence and capability? Is going pirate a viable option? Should I reroll now before it's too late?

Every server is the same, just different in which faction is strongest. All faction-based MMO ends up this way unless the whales decide to change things. If you can't beat them, join them mentality is always there in faction-based open world 'pvp' mmos.

Other server cluster should have more active AH due to more legacy players selling stuff and more EU /NA cross region alts farming for APEX.

Sad to say it, but you may have made a mistake. I rolled a character on Morpheus (just to see what it was like) but I deleted her after a few days. As you said, the dead Auction House is a real problem. I'm currently playing on Tahyang (which is in the AH 1 cluster) and I'm having no trouble finding gear, it's plentiful and surprisingly cheap. The same for materials.

As for Morpheus, I was always concerned about its AH being isolated. It just didn't seem like a very good idea to me. Despite Morpheus being the most populated server, there just aren't enough people on it for a healthy Auction House. And the Auction House is the life blood of the game.

Still, you might be ok. Because I wouldn't be at all surprised to see an announcement (sooner rather than later) that the Morpheus AH is going to be added to one of the existing AH clusters. Also, there are supposed to be server transfers coming soon. So you can transfer to a different server if you want to.

Good luck.

I've been playing since launch last year & during that whole time I use to be on Ezi (now known as Nazar). I decided to roll on Morpheus to get a fresh start & get away from old drama I had on my old server. After playing Morpheus this is what I can say.

First off, Morpheus is consistently on High pop because it's the new server, meaning any new players such as yourself, or old players who have decided to come back but sold all their gear have less worry about the GS (gear score) gap between them & existing players unlike the grind they'd have to go through on a server like Kyrios. There may also be the possibility that a few number of players on the server are gold selling bots but that's to be expected on all servers.

The AH for Morpheus is on it's own separate cluster, so we don't share it with any other servers, meanwhile servers such as Aranzeb, Kyrios, Nazar & Hanure all share the same AH cluster so that would explain why finding certain items on our AH will be hard & prices for certain items will cost more due to the rarity e.g. Red Dragon weapons will cost more on Morpheus because only 1 Red Dragon exists whereas the other AH clusters have 1 Dragon per server = 4 Red Dragon weapons.

If you choose to re-roll on Kyrios or Kraken just remember this, the grind to compete with current players on that server will be a struggle as they've had over a year's worth of work to get to where they are with their 6k+ GS, and alot of guilds over there will have high GS requirements along with a few other requirements like mages/healers/ TS is a must/ etc. So if I could give you my opinion, I would recommend just playing it out on Morpheus for now & use this time to gear up as much as you can for when they release server transfers. By then you'll have an idea on whether you wish to stay or move on to a new server.
    Byrning
    R.I.P. EZI

I've read that transfers to Morpheus won't be available. Can I get a confirm that transfers from Morpheus to another server will be possible?

Also there's a pretty big gs gap on Morpheus, too. Lots of 5.5-6.5k swipers in an environment with no gear market makes a pretty big gap.

Edit: I just checked out the kyrios forums and it seems mostly populated by really toxic weabs. Is it that way ingame, too, or should I just pick kraken?

Quote Originally Posted by Eutropius View Post
    I've read that transfers to Morpheus won't be available. Can I get a confirm that transfers from Morpheus to another server will be possible?

Also there's a pretty big gs gap on Morpheus, too. Lots of 5.5-6.5k swipers in an environment with no gear market makes a pretty big gap.

Edit: I just checked out the kyrios forums and it seems mostly populated by really toxic weabs. Is it that way ingame, too, or should I just pick kraken?
    all the servers are same, full of toxicity and imbalance. Archeage is only fun when you have cancer immunity.

What drama?
    Pirate faction was at war about a month ago but we're all a big happy family now.
    We have been getting more and more players, too, so it's not too hard to get a party together for Serp, Sea of Drowned Love, CR, etc...

What is it you're looking for in terms of gear?
    You could craft an obsidian set and wear it until you're able to get a decent crafted set...
    PIE IS WIN

Starcarver ~ Morpheus ~ Pirates
    <Exiled>

I'm a fairly new player who picked Morpheus as their main server. It was the only server I saw consistently on High during the month I started playing (December).

Now I'm going through 50-55 the first time and I'm finding prices and a dead AH to be a real inconvenience. West is also really, really really bad at everything and that makes playing west painful and playing east boring. I was planning to go pirate but I've been warned away by drama horror stories about the only pirate guild on the server.

Is it any better on kyrios or kraken? Are the server cluster markets more active, with more competitive prices? Are east and west more equal to each other in competence and capability? Is going pirate a viable option? Should I reroll now before it's too late?
    Have in mind that on a legacy server you will have to start from 0. Most likely you will have a hard time finding a good guild and forget about pirate until you get 5k+ gs, if not more. Not many new players starting on the legacy servers and it will be even difficult for you to find groups for library etc. Most of the people prefer to farm it solo, because they farm for the drop.

I would love to have new people coming on my server but to be frank with you, it is not very newbie friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Isteria View Post
    Have in mind that on a legacy server you will have to start from 0. Most likely you will have a hard time finding a good guild and forget about pirate until you get 5k+ gs
    That was my goal but morpheus AH so dead and the occasional good gear pieces that sell are so rare and expensive ~~~

Thanks for the answers and advice, though. That's thanks to everyone, too. This has all been very helpful and informative.

Transfers to Morpheus will not be allowed, however transfers off of Morpheus are allowed, but right now they're still deciding on whether or not certain "high pop" or "in demand" servers such as Kyrios will be available in your transfer options.

That was my goal but morpheus AH so dead and the occasional good gear pieces that sell are so rare and expensive ~~~

Thanks for the answers and advice, though. That's thanks to everyone, too. This has all been very helpful and informative.
    I did decide to check out pricing on gear on my alt back on Nazar (they share the same AH cluster as Kyrios) and while mana wisps, both weapon & armor, are slightly cheaper there, Divine+ pieces were about 1.5K+ more gold than what's currently on offer on Morpheus.

In terms of gear armor wise, you can just start on an obsidian set of your choice, then once 2.5 comes out with the new dungeon in Mistmerrow, get your guild (or if you don't have a guild try faction) to run you through & get yourself a set from there. As stated in the livestream the armor sets sit in between epherium & delphinad grade.
    Byrning
    R.I.P. EZI

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast