+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: [REQUEST] Implement a skill queue in order to improve combat and reduce the impact of latency

1.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #1
    ArcheAge Associate Producer Celestrata Bloodsong's Avatar

[REQUEST] Implement a skill queue in order to improve combat and reduce the impact of latency

Description: We have requested a brand new piece of coding from XL known as the "Skill Queue." Skill Queue is a passive function in the game that reduces the impact of latency on combat by opening a small window of time after a skill is executed where another one can be queued early. By queuing the skill early and preparing it ahead of time, the server executes the command on time rather than executing the action late due to lag.

Skill queue will improve the flow of combat for all involved, but it will be most noticeable with users who have higher latencies when connecting to the server of their choice.

The skill queue is still being worked on by XL and is now in testing on the PTS server. Prior iterations of the queue have lead to exploits and other unwanted gameplay, leading to the queue going through several iterations of design and implementation. If you want to give the skill queue a shot, please drop by the PTS server today!

We and XL currently plan to test the skill queue going into 2.5's release. We want to see how the queue performs on the PTS with Update 2.5 before it goes anywhere further. The earliest the skill queue could make its way to the live servers is February, but this date also depends on how quickly the team at XL can re-implement the Korean versions of the skills into our build.
    Seraphina "Celestrata" Brennan
    Associate Producer, ArcheAge
    Scheherazade -- Morpheus <Haranya Preservation Society>

Looking for help? Contact our support team! | Visit the website for the latest news
    | Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

2.   This is the last Archeage Team post in this thread.   #2
    ArcheAge Associate Producer Celestrata Bloodsong's Avatar
    Hey guys! Just adding this into the Publisher's Request section as I realized that we didn't have a thread dedicated to Skill Queue. It's still going to be some time before the queue leaves the PTS server (we don't want to re-visit the God's Whip incident) and it's going to go through some testing paces with 2.5 as well. If you fancy a go at skill queue, drop by the PTS!
    Seraphina "Celestrata" Brennan
    Associate Producer, ArcheAge
    Scheherazade -- Morpheus <Haranya Preservation Society>

Looking for help? Contact our support team! | Visit the website for the latest news
    | Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

The lack of posts here shows you how little most players care about the skill queue... Please put your focus on other issues more important to the community... Like transfers.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata Bloodsong View Post
    Hey guys! Just adding this into the Publisher's Request section as I realized that we didn't have a thread dedicated to Skill Queue. It's still going to be some time before the queue leaves the PTS server (we don't want to re-visit the God's Whip incident) and it's going to go through some testing paces with 2.5 as well. If you fancy a go at skill queue, drop by the PTS!
    Is skill que actually active on the pts?

It doesn't seem to be active, If it is active endless arrows isn't set to a single fire mode.

I'm skeptical on the skill que, I think it will always be bad for players who are slightly too far away from the servers and suffer from slower ping, at least when combined with combat.
    ##----(ಠ_ಠ; )---->

www.twitch.tv/tiomun1

Quote Originally Posted by SkullMonkey View Post
    The lack of posts here shows you how little most players care about the skill queue... Please put your focus on other issues more important to the community... Like transfers.
    ? Lack of posts represents that people would rather play the game then leave their hopes with Trion. Skillqueue is a huge thing that many people want.

Honestly I would rank this as one of my highest concerns with the game. Animation exploitation either via movement speed or simply canceling the animations, completely degrades game-play. I've been playing since launch, and the only reason I'm even still playing, is because I'm under the impression that it will be implemented eventually, and triple-slash nonsense will someday stop.

there are just no posts anymore because they failed alrdy so often when they implemented it .. and the hope that it will ever work and come is kinda dieing
    Xetic

Back home

Archery since 2k14

Dream Gear
    2h Version

I just saw this and I quickly ran to PTS to see if it was truly enabled and it is, love it <3 only complaint is that with skills you *hold down for continuous use* (aka endless arrows) it doesn't register you holding the key as another key press so it doesn't re-que it and you have to mash said skill repeatedly still tho it is better than no skill que at all, will test to see if I can break it with gods whip later, but so far looking alright.

Tested the way gods whip broke the que last time at it seems to be working correctly, loving it <3 implement this ASAP please!!!!

See this is exactly what I mean by I doubt it will ever work.

In this twitch stream http://www.twitch.tv/kooncoon/v/37754817 @ 00:14:25 ish Kooncoon states that his ping is "not goodu", its 10 - 15 he says. He also continues to complain about how bad his ping is later in the stream several times.

Just saying, If kr players think 15ms is bad, I don't think XL will ever be capable of understanding what a 160ms ping is like. This is why I'm skeptical about the skill que.
    ##----(ಠ_ಠ; )---->

www.twitch.tv/tiomun1

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast