Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Bloodsong Pack--COMPENSATION being issued

Bloodsong Pack--COMPENSATION being issued

@Celestrata

So..somewhere in another post you said you "fixed the packs" and live feed said you're providing compensation to people that bought the packs already. I'm assuming that means the bound pots no longer have a cooldown for anyone who buys the "fixed" pack?

Quite frankly, labor is labor...so on the [$50 pack] we get pots with no cool down but 2 days less overall labor? (A friend just bought it today and he didn't get the bonus pots, but his pots have no cooldown.) And people who got the $150 pack get 20 free pots? 20,000 labor as "compensation"??

It's compensation for people that bought it...and shafting people that were GOING to buy it because they didn't buy it fast enough to get the "bonus". Would be a lot more fair if you just standardized the pack--and everyone who buys it gets the same thing (20 bound timed pots, and your freebies), instead of some people getting unadvertised bonuses for being quick buyers.

And, incidentally, the packs have ALWAYS had bound TIMED pots...so why is THIS pack being compensated and not the others?

I'm upset because I was GOING to buy one, with full knowledge of the pot issue (bound w/timers--just like everyone knows the Moby Drake was poorly advertised as "wrapped" instead of bundled and it's bound and unsaleable), but was waiting on resolution of a ticket before I could. So...since I had to wait now I get less labor for the same money?

----------------
    I posted this at the end, but to save the "Devs" and Celestra the pain for searching for page 2, I'm adding my update here as well:

Update:

So...I ticketed. I pointed out that I was GOING to buy the pack before the change (which they have documented in the ticket), and was clearly waiting on the resolution of my ticket (regarding payment)--and that because I waiting, I now got HALF as much labor from the pack as someone that bought the pack 24 hours ago.

The reply:

GM Rans
    I am really sorry for the inconvenience, but since this change was made by our development team I am not able to offer any compensation. The best thing I would recommend doing is heading to the forums and letting the devs know how you feel about this and how it is affecting your game-play. At the moment I am not able to assist further other than to refer you to the forums.

GM Rans
    ArcheAge is a for profit game and if you let them know that this is affecting your game play it will get the attention of our devs. But in this case I am sorry again for the inconvenience but compensation is something that I am not able to provide.

SO... @Celestrata and the Devs How does it affect my gameplay? I bought PRIOR packs with the same issue. I was never compensated because the pots had timers, even though since they were bound, I expected no timers. I WANTED to buy this pack and was waiting on ticket resolution to do it--which in the past Celestrata has said "ticket and they'll help you"...when they clearly aren't going to do crap. NOW I'm not buying this pack because I feel like I'm being crapped on!! The people who bought it TWO DAYS AGO got the bound pots AND the 20 "right" pots as "compensation". Because of my crap luck bad timing, My regular pack has the same pots as their compensation...but I'm getting shorted 20 pots! MY pack today has $30 less value than the one 2 days ago, and it's one MORE time you guys have made unannounced changes that have shorted me in this game.

So to anyone else that wanted to buy the pack that didn't yet... You now get 1200 less gold/6000 less credits/$30 less in value from YOUR pack as the person that bought it via the unannounced sale 2 days ago!!!!

And for the GM...Yeah, it's a freaking PTW game...and MY money's not as good as everyone else's was 2 days ago. Thanks. Good to know!

Labor is labor is labor. Those who bought the packs are not being compensated for a defective pack or incorrectly worded description, they are being rewarded with an extra portion of labor for buying the packs early.

Anyone buying the "fixed" packs now will feel like poor Oliver holding out his pathetically empty porridge bowl....

Quote Originally Posted by Ivraie View Post
    @Celestrata

So..somewhere in another post you said you "fixed the packs" and live feed said you're providing compensation to people that bought the packs already. I'm assuming that means the bound pots no longer have a cooldown for anyone who buys the "fixed" pack?

Quite frankly, labor is labor...so we get pots with no cool down but 2 days less overall labor? (A friend just bought it today and he didn't get the bonus pots, but his pots have no cooldown.)

It's compensation for people that bought it...and shafting people that were GOING to buy it because they didn't buy it fast enough to get the "bonus". Would be a lot more fair if you just standardized the pack--and everyone who buys it gets the same thing (20 bound timed pots, and your 5 freebies), instead of some people getting unadvertised bonuses for being quick buyers.

And, incidentally, the packs have ALWAYS had bound TIMED pots...so why is THIS pack being compensated and not the others?

I'm upset because I was GOING to buy one, with full knowledge of the pot issue (bound w/timers--just like everyone knows the Moby Drake was poorly advertised as "wrapped" instead of bundled and it's bound and unsaleable), but was waiting on resolution of a ticket before I could. So...since I had to wait now I get less labor for the same money?
    You are to Archeage what Donald Trump is to politics.

I wasn't even complaining about the labor pots, but God bless trion for free stiff
    Undadmarlins

House of Mantis

Carebear, friendly, love anime

What they should have done is increase the amount of labor pots they give in the packs if this was the remedy.

Now I ain't never going to turn down no free ♥♥♥♥♥♥, but it is kinda crummy that you would say those who bought packs before this time get twice as many.
    That seems more like a sale or an incentive to buy, not a fix.

And yes, nothing was wrong with the pots except a cooldown timer.

What?! Y'all ain't never see a cooldown timer on a labor pot before? Yeesh it's not that big of a deal. :P

Wow...tbh, from a couple guildies getting 5 bonus pots...I thought everyone got a small number of pots as compensation...not a complete second set of pots!

I've complained about the pots being timed/bound before on previous packs...but I didn't get double-pot compensation. And ffs...20,000 labor for the $150 pack is so far beyond compensation!!

So...because my ticket slowed up my buying the pack...I lost out on 20k labor=$30=6000 credits=1280 gold on my server=8 days of labor?? How does an extra 20k labor "balance" out the inconvenience of a bloody timed pot?

I'm labor capped ad still have the first 20, it's my even a big deal tbh fam.
    Undadmarlins

House of Mantis

Carebear, friendly, love anime

Lol that's cause you don't do anything Merlin :P

Killing a carebear doesn't take labor ;D

That's about as bad as #dolphingate.

#packgate

Quote Originally Posted by AbovethelawMorpheus View Post
    You are to Archeage what Donald Trump is to politics.
    Very funny. But ever thought that probably all politicians want to be Trump?
    Proud green pirate, fervent activist of the Tumbleweed Nerf Society

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast