Closed Thread
Page 14 of 169 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 114 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Our decision regarding Rage Quit of Nazar's Leviathan Kill

Quote Originally Posted by Aresa View Post
    Also want to add that they wouldn't have the chance to exploit... If trion/XL correctly coded their game.

Don't just blame the players for this. This is both XL/Trions fault, and the players.

Overall a stupid decision for a permanent ban for something that shouldn't have been glitchable in the first place, IMO.

A temporary ban with removal of some things would be more suitable, because yeah the players obviously chose to still do the Leviathan.

But why can't your coding be better to make it so these things can't happen.... Reminds me of the Kraken exploit, when you could just harpoon yourself in the air and dps the kraken from above. Both were at fault, but in the end... they shouldn't have been able to do it because your coding should be better....
    Obviously this would fall under Trion's claims of being perfect and infallible. Funny, I can't seem to find that declaration. Or perhaps you feel they knew ahead of time that it would not run properly and intentionally glitched the program?

When something screws up, we, the players, are supposed to report it so it can be fixed. Then you do it the way it was meant to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata Bloodsong View Post
    We searched through all of our tickets and inboxes and found nothing.
    Loyalty to guildmates is a positive trait, not something to justify a ban.

People > abstract things.

Game bugged while killing a monster. Share the blame.

Quote Originally Posted by TenDesires View Post
    "In video games, an exploit is the use of a bug or glitches, game system, rates, hit boxes, or speed, etc. by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers."

I mean that's literally the definition of exploit, and it's nigh impossible to make a game as big as ArcheAge bug- and glitch-free. Even the absolute best development team will always let a few unseen glitches through.
    This game, by far, is the glitchiest, buggiest game I have ever seen.

I understand that these things happen... but when these bugs happen with almost every single boss in the game and other things....there comes a point when it's just way too much for it to be even considered good coding.
    faction traitor
    guild traitor
    u name it

Cool

This group of players has been exploiting the game every way possible since launch and on multiple servers.... They got what they deserved AGAIN. They're well known for exploiting and abusing game mechanics.

And they can claim IT GLITCHED all they want everyone knows that they set it up to glitch out... They knew what they was doing and how to do it. Has a nice nap kiddos.

Hang on errrrone, i haz to go grab my shovel from the shed so i can gather up all this salt to make some money!
    -Bernarr
    Get you some of that <Purple Drank>, son.

#MakeErenorGreatAgain
    #BringBackScapes

Please also consider supporting the Aurorian Wall Project. We will make Nuia and Haranya pay for it!

And had the guild come forward to us and talked with the staff (which they did not) and not come forward to the community to troll (which at least one member did), we wouldn't be taking this action against them. Unfortunately, all of this was not the case.

We would have loved to have reported differently. We searched through all of our tickets and inboxes and found nothing. We get that sometimes things break on their own, and we get that a break in the game is on the publisher and developer (which is why we're taking steps forward with XLGAMES regarding Leviathan, as I said in my opening post), but the guild in question could have taken steps to avoid profiting from an exploit.

They could have made a good faith effort to say, "You know, this is wrong." They did not do that, and this is what has lead us to this decision.
    Celestrata what you need to understand is that this kill happened late in the night, we got excited with the drops, the galleon, and didnt really think about approaching trion staff cause of the sole reason it was an UNINTENDED glitch the leviathan did by itself, not something WE did and that we would think it would happen AGAIN! Majority of the guild didnt logged in till some time before abyssal while all this forum craziness blowed up, NOBODY from trion approached us to get our point of view, and the best decisión you made was to just perm ban so many people that has put so much time and effort into your game?

Quote Originally Posted by Aresa View Post
    Also want to add that they wouldn't have the chance to exploit... If trion/XL correctly coded their game.

Don't just blame the players for this. This is both XL/Trions fault, and the players.

Overall a stupid decision for a permanent ban for something that shouldn't have been glitchable in the first place, IMO.

A temporary ban with removal of some things would be more suitable, because yeah the players obviously chose to still do the Leviathan.

But why can't your coding be better to make it so these things can't happen.... Reminds me of the Kraken exploit, when you could just harpoon yourself in the air and dps the kraken from above. Both were at fault, but in the end... they shouldn't have been able to do it because your coding should be better....
    That's the worst excuse ever. Nearly every mmo designed (probably every) has had bugs that plagued them at some point in time. It isn't TrionWorlds, XLGames, etc fault that ~53 individuals decided to take part in exploiting a bug and then failed to report it and instead attempted to bribe Trion further by offering info at the cost of in-game benefits.

If someone decides to misuse a product when it is clear there are dangers/consequences for misusing said product, is it the company who designed the product or the user who is at fault? If someone decides to shoot a gun at a steel target 2 feet away from them and the bullet bounces back and kills them, is it the gun or the shooter's fault?

Should be pretty self-explanatory

Quote Originally Posted by Aros View Post
    Kinda strange.

This game have a million of exploits and glithces, close to nothing been done about them.

Then someone find a bugged out Leviathan and kills him (Which most of us would have done aswell) some windblower makes a huge deal of it and RIP 53 competitive players.

Give a week ban, remove the items, make a clear stance on it.
    Poor guy nr#37 that just followed his guild on a guild raid.
    please just read the explanation for their decision. Its not because they went on killing it but because no one of rage quit stepped forward to trion to explain what happened and used the drop anyways.
    If u know there was something wrong with this kill etc (we all could see that!) and trion approaches u and u refuse to speak to them and try to make profit out of it ...well that is unacceptable behaviour and a good example of greed and arrogant behaviour and they show us they dont care about the game.
    Dont forget this is an end game boss which many other servers are trying to kill.
    Trying to claim the first kill and profit of the drop which only was achieved on a glitch isnt right. Because of their actions after the kill they deserve this to my opinion.

When something in the sea that's suppose to swim in the sea and battle in the sea starts hovering in the air and spinning on a dime, we think it's pretty obvious.
    Excuse me again but...
    I am sure you have worked in gaming industry before.
    So you probably know how many game developers put hidden mechanics as "eastern eggs".
    Specialy the Asian developers like Japanese and ... yes, Koreans.
    Just take a look in every gaming site. Tons of tips and tricks.
    There is no "obvious" in a game unless we speak of passing through walls, stuck inside rocks, etc.
    The only one who can confirm the "working as intended or not" is you.

I am sorry but this decision is clearly a "Lynch law".

10.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #140
    ArcheAge Associate Producer Celestrata Bloodsong's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgaris View Post
    The actions they did were not moral. I understand. But the community's handling of this is outright disgusting. Who is to say all 53 members of that guild were even there or even knew about it?
    I think you've misunderstood. The entire guild has not been banned, only those who have had actively participated in the fight against the Leviathan. All 53 people we took action against had been there, actively participating in that fight. If you were simply a Rage Quit member who was online somewhere else, you were not banned. Your character will simply be guildless.

Closed Thread
Page 14 of 169 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 114 ... LastLast