Closed Thread
Page 114 of 169 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 112 113 114 115 116 124 164 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1681

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Our decision regarding Rage Quit of Nazar's Leviathan Kill

Quote Originally Posted by Archaelin View Post
    You can be as pissed as you want about it, but they own the servers, they paid the royalties to be the publisher of this game, they are the law on this game. If you don't like it you can ♥♥♥♥♥ and moan about it, or you can leave the country (play another game) but that doesn't magically change their ability to make a ruling and have it stick.

I don't like this ruling. I think the ruling sucks, but if you honestly are here to debate about the semantics of "What law???" then you are just looking to argue. Any other game it is the same way. The Dev/Publisher speaks, that is the rule. You can possibly get them to change their mind, but if they do then that is still the new "law". It shouldn't be that complicated for you to understand. If it is, I'm sorry, I don't have time to enlighten you further.
    Right so in one breath you are saying suck it up its the law, and the other you are saying you can "get them to change their mind" ...so which is it? shut up and suck it up...or continue to point out how stupid this was and try to get them to change it? ...that was my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethetun View Post
    I know. Thx for not making it yellow. I have another cookie for you though....go fetch.
    COOOOOOOKIIIIIIIE! Cookie-Monster thanks you. MuuuuUuuunnnCcchhhh-CrrrrRuuuuUUnnnNcccCHhh!
    "Some People Are Alive Simply Because It's Illegal To Kill Them"

Mudbone [LaZy] (Farmer Extraordinaire)
    <The Imperium of LaZy Nation> on Ollo(NA East)

Quote Originally Posted by Archaelin View Post
    You can be as pissed as you want about it, but they own the servers, they paid the royalties to be the publisher of this game, they are the law on this game. If you don't like it you can ♥♥♥♥♥ and moan about it, or you can leave the country (play another game) but that doesn't magically change their ability to make a ruling and have it stick.

I don't like this ruling. I think the ruling sucks, but if you honestly are here to debate about the semantics of "What law???" then you are just looking to argue. Any other game it is the same way. The Dev/Publisher speaks, that is the rule. You can possibly get them to change their mind, but if they do then that is still the new "law". It shouldn't be that complicated for you to understand. If it is, I'm sorry, I don't have time to enlighten you further.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/End-us...ense_agreement all you need to know.....
    EZI > Awakening
    EZI > Incarnidine
    Nazar/Tahyang> Tax Collectors

Quote Originally Posted by Ethetun View Post
    What law??? One that Trion subjectively decides to enforce? One in which they make assumptions about the players involved? ...good grief you guys are nuts. I don't know this guild, but by all accounts they would probably annoy me. That is irrelevant though. What Trion did here is completely unreasonable given the context of events, context of past and present management of the NA servers, and the context of them KNOWING that the content could be glitched on release. They moved forward with it anyway. That amounts to baiting your customers.

Just to keep this neutral as possible, I want to ask you a couple of questions:

Let's say I give you the benefit of doubt and lets say that you are right that both XL Games and Trion is accountable for this mistake, HOWEVER,,

1: Where is the admittance and the ownership of RQ in your statement?
    2: If one gives you a gun in real life, would you blame the gun factory for killing someone or own up to it?

And before you claim that these are 2 different factors, true but the ownership stays the same. That you (or RQ in this case) have the opportunity to do something bad, doesn't mean you should.

3: How does your entire statement fit in signing the ToS prior to playing the game (which clearly states that exploiting a bug/glitch is bannable offense)??

And please, before you hop on the "How is RQ supposed to know it glitched" bandwagon (IF you were planning to that is), I would recommend reading my post on page 55 on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Countess View Post
    The 'community' didn't laugh. Please desist from making generalisations as they are usually formed from ignorance. There have been quite a few players that have come out and said they believe the perma ban was excessive.

You know what I did get a perverse pleasure from though, today when I logged in, I was just in time to watch faction chat light up because another guild was purpling on west and ruining 'faction events'. What a vicious little circle.
    Uhhhmmmm, take a look at the earlier posts on this thread and others talking about this issue where there are posts of gif and picts of people laughing and crying. In faction chat others were calling for a dance party when the news broke. Personally, I would not take that as the community supporting rage quits side. But you are right, not everyone was happy with the news, especially rage quit and their minority of supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunnyleptic View Post
    Just to keep this neutral as possible, I want to ask you a couple of questions:

Let's say I give you the benefit of doubt and lets say that you are right that both XL Games and Trion is accountable for this mistake, HOWEVER,,

1: Where is the admittance and the ownership of RQ in your statement?
    2: If one gives you a gun in real life, would you blame the gun factory for killing someone or own up to it?

And before you claim that these are 2 different factors, true but the ownership stays the same. That you (or RQ in this case) have the opportunity to do something bad, doesn't mean you should.

3: How does your entire statement fit in signing the ToS prior to playing the game (which clearly states that exploiting a bug/glitch is bannable offense)??

And please, before you hop on the "How is RQ supposed to know it glitched" bandwagon (IF you were planning to that is), I would recommend reading my post on page 55 on this thread.
    1. As I've made other posts. I don't support what they did. They should own what they did, but that doesn't make the punishment come close to fitting the bill.
    2.That is not an accurate comparison at all. Guns server multiple purposes. Glitches do not. By releasing content with a glitch, and holding up a new harsh policy when you have not in the past, it amts to baiting your customer.
    3. When Trion's standard practice of letting players utilize known glitches without any consequence and we have a situation of a known reported glitch that both Trion and XL decided to release with the content anyway, you cannot hold to a reasonable expectation that your player base is going to assume you are going to begin upholding a ToS line item when you have not been doing so previously. This amts to double standards at best.

..and no, I've not been part of the "bandwagon" you mentioned. As far as I know they may have. It is irrelevant to me. While they may have known about it, the video does not show that was their original intent, only that once it did glitch they continued to move forward with the kill. There are other elements of the context there that while they do not excuse it, it does explain it, and should constitute a more fitting punishment.

i get a infraction for disagreeing with trions dealings and progression of a investigation that never took place?? about good people that ive played with since beta.. and just got insta banned cause of a game flaw.... not like they ment to cause it... or if they could even reproduce it??

or cause i called out trion for deleting their posts and refusing to update the comunity as a whole on there "investigation" and fix their game??
    ive played daily,, since beta.. and have invested quit abit into the game and so have those 53 banned players... and te rest of their 2 guilds that have just quit cause of your actions.....
    EZI > Awakening
    EZI > Incarnidine
    Nazar/Tahyang> Tax Collectors

Quote Originally Posted by Mordredx View Post
    i get a infraction for disagreeing with trions dealings and progression of a investigation that never took place?? about good people that ive played with since beta.. and just got insta banned cause of a game flaw.... not like they ment to cause it... or if they could even reproduce it??

or cause i called out trion for deleting their posts and refusing to update the comunity as a whole on there "investigation" and fix their game??
    ive played daily,, since beta.. and have invested quit abit into the game and so have those 53 banned players... and te rest of their 2 guilds that have just quit cause of your actions.....
    You may get another one as well, talking about ones infractions may only incur another one. Just saying.
    "Some People Are Alive Simply Because It's Illegal To Kill Them"

Mudbone [LaZy] (Farmer Extraordinaire)
    <The Imperium of LaZy Nation> on Ollo(NA East)

Quote Originally Posted by Mudbone827 View Post
    And boy did it get real, read the chat log real closely Mr. Lagosaurus and tell me your story again.
    if anything this chat log should show that it wasn't an intentional glitching of the boss. It shows them celebrating a kill, but who wouldn't have? ..and who in their right mind would think they would have actually banned 50 people over this? ...again, past actions would indicate that they wouldn't have...

Quote Originally Posted by Lagosaurus View Post
    What is most perplexing to me is Trion's decision to take such excessive action without at least trying to contact us to find out what had happened. There was no existing precedent to warrant such a vehement response and given the opportunity we would have worked with Trion to rectify the situation.
    Think about the entire picture.

Think about how many of your players interact with the majority of the server both in-game and on the forums. They literally try to make players angry all the time.

Because of this, people are salty toward your guild.

Because of that, Trion gets a ridiculous number of complain tickets on a Saturday morning from salty masses demanding satisfaction over a game breaking exploit.

Further, Trion realizes that the only guild not filing tickets is the guild that stands to benefit.

Finally, one of your more vocal forum trolls gets up in Trions face about it, very publicly, jokingly demanding they gem his pants, but also... at the same time... NOT submitting their own full HD, full length video of the raid to Trion via ticket.

I don't think there was anyone that wasn't surprise with the strong and fast and comprehensive reaction of Trion. I mean, there were people saying 'ban them all' but I think nobody expected them to do it.

A guild of players backed Trion into a corner from which they couldn't possible make a choice that wouldn't result in a lot of angry players.

I'm a little impressed that they decided to err on the side of the hundreds of people that filed complaint tickets rather than err'ing on the side of a bunch of players that undoubtably donate more heavily than the average player to their cash shop and patron plan.

I actually hope they chose to overturn some of those bans for the rank-file, but I don't think they can at this point. They aren't likely to get those player back so it would only serve to undermine the foundation of credibility Trion has started to earn with this aggressive move.

I don't get the sensation that <Rage Quit> is really going to walk away from any of this having learned a very basic less on how you should or shouldn't treat people in life regarding 'golden rules' and 'the perils of keyboard anonymity', but I hope they do.
    IGN: Tilli
    Guild: <Action Five News Team>
    Build: Primeval
    Server:WEST:Lucius -->Nazar

Closed Thread
Page 114 of 169 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 112 113 114 115 116 124 164 ... LastLast