Closed Thread
Page 167 of 169 FirstFirst ... 67 117 157 165 166 167 168 169 LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 1681

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Our decision regarding Rage Quit of Nazar's Leviathan Kill

Quote Originally Posted by Nerrivik View Post
    Do you realize what you just said ? You are suggesting that players must avoid large chunks of content (which is necessary for endgame items), because it cannot be engaged with safely.
    (In fact, I agree that it's not worth the risk - but then, I don't care for gear, so I don't have to run those dungeons for abyssal shards and whatever.)

It says something about a developer/publisher and their game when large parts of it can't be played without putting your account at risk.
    You don't need to avoid this content, you could just play by the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Knife View Post
    You don't need to avoid this content, you could just play by the rules.

Where uncontrollable glitches are involved ? (Keep in mind the Levi was not intentionally glitched.)
    We don't even know what the rules are, because the rule that applies to the Levi does not seem to apply to the dungeons - and according to you, that's fine. I suppose all players on all servers should send individual bug reports to Trion every single time they run a dungeon and it glitches. Ok. That should make the staff happy.

After all, we know there are way too many people working there as it is, who have nothing to do all day. Which is why they are always ahead of schedule, and all problems are solved immediately. Which is why the bugs get fixed right away. Which is why they are still there. Oh wait....that doesn't really add up, does it ?

You keep demanding that people stop defending RQ. Ok, that's legit. But in the same fashion, I demand people stop defending sloppy devs and a publisher who's in way over it's head.
    "Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much."

Oscar Wilde on ArcheAge

Where uncontrollable glitches are involved ? (Keep in mind the Levi was not intentionally glitched.)
    FTFY: Where you believe it was not intentionally glitched. Unless you have access to all the log files Trion does, then you're passing off your opinion as fact. You might be right, but you might be wrong.

We don't even know what the rules are, because the rule that applies to the Levi does not seem to apply to the dungeons
    Actually, this was posted in July 2015, in a sticky post in this very forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Punkmaster View Post
    FTFY: Where you believe it was not intentionally glitched. Unless you have access to all the log files Trion does, then you're passing off your opinion as fact. You might be right, but you might be wrong.
    You are right, I don't know this for a fact. The same way that you don't know for a fact that it WAS intentionally done.

Why do I believe it was unintentional ? Simple: if Trion's logs could prove intent, the situation would be obvious. They could just state they permabanned everybody because they intentionally glitched it. There would be no need for justifications, no need to mention reports that were not filed, no need to address a forum troll. There would be no need to remove the Levi, because nobody who fight's it fairly would ever encounter the glitch.

It would be nice if things were so simple. Nobody would dispute the decision. Not me either.
    "Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much."

Oscar Wilde on ArcheAge

Fact of the matter is Rage Quit did report the issue, less than an hour after Leviathan died.

Trion themselves have admitted to deleting the thread that it was reported in.

Trion did not conduct a proper and thorough investigation, evidenced by the fact that 1 of the 53 "unappeable bans" was already lifted because the player was in no way involved with the Leviathan kill - among many other things.

Trion is now trying to sweep this under the rug - rather than admit their mistakes.

...gawd, it's become like that thing under the bench at the end of Harry Potter....

You are right, I don't know this for a fact. The same way that you don't know for a fact that it WAS intentionally done.

Why do I believe it was unintentional ? Simple: if Trion's logs could prove intent, the situation would be obvious. They could just state they permabanned everybody because they intentionally glitched it. There would be no need for justifications, no need to mention reports that were not filed, no need to address a forum troll. There would be no need to remove the Levi, because nobody who fight's it fairly would ever encounter the glitch.

It would be nice if things were so simple. Nobody would dispute the decision. Not me either.
    Or they could be stating out other reasons so that people can realize, if they do come across an unintentional glitch, they shouldn't go ahead and exploit it, and they are required to report it immediately or could end up in the same ♥♥♥♥ty situation, with the same ♥♥♥♥ty results.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebble View Post
    Fact of the matter is Rage Quit did report the issue, less than an hour after Leviathan died.

Trion themselves have admitted to deleting the thread that it was reported in.

Trion did not conduct a proper and thorough investigation, and are now trying to sweep this under the rug - rather than admit their mistakes.
    Are you just actively counting on people to not have read any of the other pages in this post and stir up more drama? Celestrata has commented on the post that was deleted, and it wasn't a bug report post. There were also no tickets filed. Sorry your friends aren't ingame anymore, but stirring up drama on forums certainly isn't going to fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Throttle View Post
    Or they could be stating out other reasons so that people can realize, if they do come across an unintentional glitch, they shouldn't go ahead and exploit it, and they are required to report it immediately or could end up in the same ♥♥♥♥ty situation, with the same ♥♥♥♥ty results.

Are you just actively counting on people to not have read any of the other pages in this post and stir up more drama? Celestrata has commented on the post that was deleted, and it wasn't a bug report post. There were also no tickets filed. Sorry your friends aren't ingame anymore, but stirring up drama on forums certainly isn't going to fix that.
    The post exists, I saw it. Have you seen the thread that was deleted? No, you haven't. There is zero reason not to reinstate that thread except for the fact that Trion is hiding the fact that rage quit reported it.

You're almost there.
    FTFY: Your opinion is that I don't know for a fact ...

You don't know who I am in the game. You don't know what logs and teamspeak recordings I may or may not have. Even after visiting all these forum threads, I can tell you the support tickets still have more information than what was made available via forum thread.

Why do I believe it was unintentional ? Simple: if Trion's logs could prove intent, the situation would be obvious.
    Unfortunately, Rage Quit admitted they proceeded with the glitch knowing it was glitched. That proof was sent to Trion before the Leviathan's blood was cold and even shows up in Collusion's video (which was shared after the ruling).

Let's pretend there were no logs showing intent. When an exploit comes into question, the game company (regardless of game) has to make a ruling on intent. As a player, you don't want to leave this to chance. You step forward, submit your story and whatever evidence you have. Your competitors will be doing the same. It takes less than 2 minutes to log a ticket on support.trionworlds.com. Their raid leader could have been doing this instead of role-playing on an Enoan galleon.

I do feel bad for the members of the raid, who went along for the ride and trusted their raid/guild leadership. Likely some of them were just there for the content, focusing on their specific task (healing people, shooting cannons) and assumed their guild leaders had the situation handled. They have lost their accounts & their progress because of the actions (or rather, inaction) of these players.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbie
    Any experience gamer knows you don't post exploit-potential bugs on a game forum. You report it via the support portal, in this case, support.trionworlds.com. When you submit a ticket, you get email confirmation which serves as your evidence of engagement with the gaming company.

The forum thread that was posted within 1 hour (and then later deleted) was submitted by a member of a competing guild and initially contained 2 videos taking from their perspective. While it didn't show how the exploit occurred, I am not surprised it was deleted. Game companies tend to do that when trying to control spread of a bug/exploit until it can be dealt with from the game staff. I would expect any gaming company to do similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Punkmaster View Post
    You're almost there.
    FTFY: Your opinion is that I don't know for a fact ...

You don't know who I am in the game. You don't know what logs and teamspeak recordings I may or may not have. Even after visiting all these forum threads, I can tell you the support tickets still have more information than what was made available via forum thread.

Unfortunately, Rage Quit admitted they proceeded with the glitch knowing it was glitched. That proof was sent to Trion before the Leviathan's blood was cold and even shows up in Collusion's video (which was shared after the ruling).

Let's pretend there were no logs showing intent. When an exploit comes into question, the game company (regardless of game) has to make a ruling on intent. As a player, you don't want to leave this to chance. You step forward, submit your story and whatever evidence you have. Your competitors will be doing the same. It takes less than 2 minutes to log a ticket on support.trionworlds.com. Their raid leader could have been doing this instead of role-playing on an Enoan galleon.

I do feel bad for the members of the raid, who went along for the ride and trusted their raid/guild leadership. Likely some of them were just there for the content, focusing on their specific task (healing people, shooting cannons) and assumed their guild leaders had the situation handled. They have lost their accounts & their progress because of the actions (or rather, inaction) of these players.

Any experience gamer knows you don't post exploit-potential bugs on a game forum. You report it via the support portal, in this case, support.trionworlds.com. When you submit a ticket, you get email confirmation which serves as your evidence of engagement with the gaming company.

The forum thread that was posted within 1 hour (and then later deleted) was submitted by a member of a competing guild and initially contained 2 videos taking from their perspective. While it didn't show how the exploit occurred, it is still typical and good practice for it to be deleted until Trion staff could take action to prevent duplication of the exploit across the other servers.
    First, Trion themselves have stated that the forums can be used to report bugs in lieu of tickets.

Secondly, leviathan is gone. Rage Quit killed it so hard it permanently died on every server. There's no chance of the bug being duplicated. Give us the thread back.

Third, the forum thread -while not initially posted by Rage - contains posts by rage quit members.

First rule of bug reporting (stated by Trion): Don't make redundant posts.

Closed Thread