Closed Thread
Page 168 of 169 FirstFirst ... 68 118 158 166 167 168 169 LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 1681

  Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Our decision regarding Rage Quit of Nazar's Leviathan Kill

  1. #1671
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    The Nui
    Posts
    102


    Before they close up shop for good and put this in the "justice served" bin, I just want to give a big shout out to all the Dean Strangs out there. Your sense of moral indignation is not misplaced. I wish you and all the full-throttled Manitowac Sheriff's Department keyboard warriors lots of luck in all your future endeavors. It's all love from me. Just pixels in a game.

    On that note... RAGE QUIT OUT

    <3 <3 <3

  2. #1672
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    421
    Quote Originally Posted by Full Throttle View Post
    Or they could be stating out other reasons so that people can realize, if they do come across an unintentional glitch, they shouldn't go ahead and exploit it, and they are required to report it immediately or could end up in the same ♥♥♥♥ty situation, with the same ♥♥♥♥ty results.



    Are you just actively counting on people to not have read any of the other pages in this post and stir up more drama? Celestrata has commented on the post that was deleted, and it wasn't a bug report post. There were also no tickets filed. Sorry your friends aren't ingame anymore, but stirring up drama on forums certainly isn't going to fix that.
    What possibly motivation or reason would Trion have for changing their story? Even if what Pebble is saying is true, there is no way they are going to just admit they screwed up. They are going to stick to this for good or for bad. I don't blame Pebble one bit for trying. He feels convinced that there is a cover-up. Unfortunately, none of this will do any good.

    Not going to post on this thread anymore. I'm not even friends with anyone in Rage/Rage Quit and I'm seriously looking into going over to BDO at this point. Not because Archeage is bad, but because I, personally, am reaching my limit of Trion's ♥♥♥♥ty policy making and p2progress schemes.

  3. #1673
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebble View Post
    First, Trion themselves have stated that the forums can be used to report bugs in lieu of tickets.
    Can you provide evidence that Trion claims you can post how-to-exploit type of bugs on the forum?

    I'm not saying you're wrong. However, many gaming companies prohibit this and even ban players for doing so.

  4. #1674
    Quote Originally Posted by Punkmaster View Post
    Can you provide evidence that Trion claims you can post how-to-exploit type of bugs on the forum?

    I'm not saying you're wrong. However, many gaming companies prohibit this and even ban players for doing so.
    It wasn't a "how to exploit" post. Rage Quit didn't even know how it happened.

    It was simply a "this happened" post.

  5. #1675
    Senior Member Mudbone827's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Co.
    Posts
    2,351
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokien View Post


    Before they close up shop for good and put this in the "justice served" bin, I just want to give a big shout out to all the Dean Strangs out there. Your sense of moral indignation is not misplaced. I wish you and all the full-throttled Manitowac Sheriff's Department keyboard warriors lots of luck in all your future endeavors. It's all love from me. Just pixels in a game.

    On that note... RAGE QUIT OUT

    <3 <3 <3
    Start another guild but instead of <RAGE QUIT> you can now be <RAN OFF>. -LOL
    "Some People Are Alive Simply Because It's Illegal To Kill Them"

    Mudbone [LaZy] (Farmer Extraordinaire)
    <The Imperium of LaZy Nation> on Ollo(NA East)

  6. #1676
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    1,091
    While I Know I said that yesterday was my last post, I do want to make one more request, not just to Trion, but to the community at large.

    As a whole, I recognize that RQ completed a glitched boss that they should not have done. We can go in circles as to whether this was intentional or unintentional, and what other motivating factors may or may not have gone into it, video(s) or not; however if each of us were honest, we would recognize that in every scenario both sides are making assumptions.

    My request of the community is simply this...

    Can we not come to a middle ground on this issue, and make a reasonable request of Trion that would both ensure RQ members and the community at large that you cannot continue, as in the past, with glitched content without consequences, and hold Trion and XL accountable for the released content, and management of that content.

    With this in mind, all I ask is that Trion take a more reasonable position in transitioning into upholding policies that in the past have not been consistently done (in many cases for legitimate reasons - but the community is not necessarily aware of these). This would mean that instead of taking a sudden hard line, there is a period where Trion shows the community they are serious about this with the first time being a serious temporary ban, with a no questions perma-ban if done a second time. This is for these types of policies in general, not just this circumstance.

    Secondly, regarding this circumstance, can we reasonably hold all 53 people accountable? I do not believe the evidence supports this. I recognize and appreciate that Trion was working to protect the community, and they have made it plain, they themselves are growing weary of people abusing the system. I understand all of that. My suggestion is simple here as well.

    If there are players within the batch of 53 that have committed previous offenses and have infractions, I can willingly meet Trion and the community in the middle and agree to suppor the banning of such players; however, of those 53 members, those that have no previous infractions, can the community not reasonably meet the other half in the middle, and agree to request that a temporary ban, as a first offense, given the context mentioned previously, is a more fitting punishment?

    This is Trion accepting a portion of the responsibility for the content, the community and Trion making these RQ members accept a portion of the responsibility as well, and the community working together to support a policy moving forward that protects the integrity of the game and the community, while supporting Trion's desire to do the same.

    This is also Trion recognizing that in the past, mixed signals have been given to the community, and respecting the need for clear and consistent communication. While they would not be condoning what RQ members did, they would be taking a request from the community into consideration both for this individual incident, but more importantly in the broader scope of creating a more healthy community, and an enforcement of policies that the whole community can get behind and support.

    This to me is a reasonable comprise that I believe would allow the whole community, not just part of it, to move forward. .... and again, is a request I'm making more to the community..to agree and request this of Trion as a whole. I realize that Trion and XL will never be able to please everyone, but this particular issue and situation has been far more divisive than the community or Trion could have anticipated (just my opinion).

  7. #1677
    Senior Member Mudbone827's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Co.
    Posts
    2,351
    Quote Originally Posted by Punkmaster View Post
    Can you provide evidence that Trion claims you can post how-to-exploit type of bugs on the forum?

    I'm not saying you're wrong. However, many gaming companies prohibit this and even ban players for doing so.
    He said REPORT BUGS not show how it was done, THERE IS a whole forum dedicated to REPORTING BUGS, in that argument, I AGREE, why have it if it is only a joke and can be used against us. In short don't take advantage of bugs(exploiting)
    "Some People Are Alive Simply Because It's Illegal To Kill Them"

    Mudbone [LaZy] (Farmer Extraordinaire)
    <The Imperium of LaZy Nation> on Ollo(NA East)

  8. #1678
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Veroe & Galegarden
    Posts
    281
    Quote Originally Posted by Punkmaster View Post
    You're almost there.
    FTFY: Your opinion is that I don't know for a fact ...

    You don't know who I am in the game. You don't know what logs and teamspeak recordings I may or may not have. Even after visiting all these forum threads, I can tell you the support tickets still have more information than what was made available via forum thread.
    What is this ? Are you trying to impress someone by alluding to your secret identity, and information you may or may not possess ? Hilarious.
    If you have proof that it was intentional, and Trion made the right call - please, share it with the world. Make it public. It can't do any harm any more, as the Levi is on holiday, and will only return to the seas once it is absolutely, 100% bug-free (I hope). It can only clarify things. I'm looking forward to your youtube links for the recordings, and would very much like to read your logs.

    On the other hand: if you can't proof you know something for a fact, I really don't care who you are in the game. Put the meat on the table. Don't just brag about having it in your bag.
    "Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much."

    Oscar Wilde on ArcheAge

  9. #1679
    It has become exceedingly clear to me that the concerns raised by those directly affected by the bans, and the playerbase at large, have fallen on deaf ears. Any choice that Trion may have had in reevaluating this incident has been stripped away by the facade of solidarity put on by Celestrata. His initial presentation of the official decision, and subsequent responses to various posts in this thread, have been unbecoming of a community manager and have further damaged what little trust remains between Trion and its customers.

    From the outset, this entire incident has been botched. Conclusions were drawn prematurely, facts were misconstrued, the voices of those directly affected by the decision were stifled, and the justifications given for the actions taken by Celestrata have since been thrown into serious doubt. Whether or not it makes any difference at this stage, I want to point out several of the more worrisome factors of the handling of this incident.
    1. Despite the results of a "thorough" investigation by Trion's customer service, 1 of the 53 non-appealable bans has already been reversed on grounds of having nothing to do with the incident.
    2. The bans were enforced primarily due to our failure to submit a bug report in good faith, something that Trion has never taken a stance on in the past, rather than as a direct result of our actions.
    3. Instead of banning only those responsible for the decision made to continue the fight after Leviathan bugged, Trion scoured their logs to ban everyone from our guild who was a participant in the fight (as per Celestrata in the OP). To add insult to injury, the reversal of 1 of the 53 bans shows this to have been a falsity.
    4. Collusion's attempt at trolling (asking to have his pants gemmed in return for access to the video) was used as a direct justification for the bans, almost all of which were enacted on players that had absolutely nothing to do with his request. This has established a dangerous precedent of group punishment which further encourages players to police each other, a policy which has led to nothing but issues in previous iterations.
    5. Numerous references have been made by Celestrata as to our failure to work openly with Trion during this incident. Despite Trion's apparent interest in a collaborative process, not once did they make an attempt to contact any members of our guild. To further substantiate the matter, all of our attempts at contacting Trion, most of them admittedly occurring after the bans, have been stifled.

    I could go on, but for fear of going off on a tangent I'll leave it at that. I wish everyone who will continue to invest their time in Archeage the best, and I sincerely hope that no one else has to play victim to whatever impulsive decision Trion makes next. As for everyone else, I'll see you in the Desert.

  10. #1680
    Scenario: You find a bug that lets you obtain something significant in game, like duplicating APEX.
    What do you do?

    Multiple Choice.

    A. Post a forum thread that says "APEX bug found".

    B. Tell people that you are exploiting the bug and duped APEX. (You actually use the word exploit in your chat logs)

    C. Brag to other players that you know how the APEX dupe occurred and share the information (to other players, not Trion).

    D. Quickly spend the APEX, follow it up with purchases/regrades, so to make it harder for it to be removed.

    E. Jest on forums and in-game about Trion not banning you for exploiting and duping APEX.

    F. Submit a support ticket to Trion indicating you found an APEX dupe bug, include replication steps, any evidence, location of duped APEX (for easy removal), and assure them it was unintentional.


    My opinion is that there is only 1 correct answer.

    Feel free to defend the other options, but you're not going to change my mind. Sorry.

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts