Closed Thread
Page 69 of 169 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 119 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Our decision regarding Rage Quit of Nazar's Leviathan Kill

Quote Originally Posted by Grizabella View Post
    Having now watched the video posted by A5, it seems clear that they knew it was glitched and were trying to get it to glitch. So the defense that this was accidental is total BS. I still question why this gets perma-ban and GHA/SERP/etc got nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6bzFwQ7ruo
    And I'm fairly sure it has to do with the galleon literally being on top of Leviathan. Who the hell places the ship that close when it's time for a phasechange?

Wow.....that video explained everything ..... they intentially glitched it lol. Gg bans 100% deserved

Great
    Best regards,
    Granny - The Artist

CUSTOM HORRORS GALLERY
    Rangora's Gallery of Art

A project in the making.

The hypocrisy in this thread is unreal and hilarious to follow.

Seems a bit overkill to ban an entire guild for getting a boss kill and using the loot in a way it was never intended since the majority of the harder world bosses is killed on rotation without any difficulty by abusing the game mechanics in a way that I'm pretty sure XLGames never thought about when coding the game, like summoning mounts, ships, mass fortress and so on. And most sea creatures in this game seems poorly coded, just join for luscas on Kyprosa, sometimes those things swim on the bottom of the ocean, other times they are stuck in the air.

Removing the loot was a good decision.
    However banning an entire guild for taking a raid invite and showing up to something seems a bit overkill? Maybe make some sort of announcement on the forums and warn raid leader(s) that pushed for that kill before throwing around a banhammer?

Can we all just agree that it'd be nice if they actually FIXED the glitches and problems, rather than just banning people? The ban aside, we still don't know what caused this. It still may exist, or hell, it could have been a one-time thing. So the source of the issue is still there. Hell, I STILL here people glitching Serpentis and GHA literally daily. Personally, I gave up on both because they just aren't worth it anymore, but like...there's a long list of gains going into people's pockets due to glitches like these every single day.

omg, that collusion video hahahahaha

17:25 I guess it's edubertin, talking in portuguese:

"Eu to aqui no meio cara, eu não vou me mexer não" "É filho eu que tô fazendo o glitch"

"I'm here in the middle dude, I wont be moving" "Í'm the one doing the glitch"

Anyone who speaks portuguese can confirm that...
    \[T]/ ☼ The sun is a wondrous body, like a magnificent father!
    If only I could be so grossly incandescent! ☼ \[T]/

Holy ♥♥♥♥ celestra.
    If trion actually did stuff like this earlier on you would've had a decent game right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Astora View Post
    omg, that collusion video hahahahaha

17:25 I guess it's edubertin, talking in portuguese:

"Eu to aqui no meio cara, eu não vou me mexer não" "É filho eu que tô fazendo o glitch"

"I'm here in the middle dude, I wont be moving" "Í'm the one doing the glitch"

Anyone who speaks portuguese can confirm that...
    Another thing to note:
    23:28-23:35 "I wonder what Trion is going to do when they realize how we did this" "Stop the idle chatter!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Ghost View Post
    Oh so they got banned for reporting it the wrong way.
    They got banned for trying to extort from trion after the fact that they exploited a glitch.
    http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...=1#post2219595

Even though I don't play on Nazar, this decision bothers me for a few reasons.

There isn't any mention of whether this glitched kill was premeditated or discovered along the way and Rage Quit saying "YOLO" and going ahead with the kill anyways. This is actually a very important piece of information to have because it establishes context, which is sometimes more important than the message itself.

Instead there's just this black and white picture of "GLITCH BAD, GAME GOOD." The problem is that this game is broken in so many ways. Remember the Kraken exploit with galleons floating in the air? Remember glitched sails that let you move 500%ish faster than normal? Or when having 2 of the same type of galleon sail equipped allowed you to pull up the sails and move at full speed north-south while being able to turn faster than intended? Not just the big things, even the countless small things wrong or broken with this game. I can't tell you how many times I have died in PVP when I spammed the mount button for my elk to hop away on and having it freeze in place instead, rendering it not usable for several seconds. This has been around since launch.

Some glitches are more severe than others, and the devs themselves had said IN SPOKEN WORDS that they treat glitches with the proper severity. Glitching out GHA bosses isn't a huge deal because the rewards are not that great, so that gets overlooked. But do you honestly expect every person you meet to be a white knight of morality? You've known the AA community long enough and you've said it yourself so many times, Celestrada, on your live streams; you UNDERSTAND the AA community and how they behave, especially some of hardcore progression community.

Either way, so what that they didn't come to you IMMEDIATELY about this information or didn't break off the pull because they just saw a flying treasure chest of extremely valuable loot in a game that thrives on scarcity. Even if this was a pre-meditated pull with the intent of glitching the fight, BANNING AND ENTIRE GUILD for being human in a hyper-competitive game is sending a very flawed message. This message tells me that you don't care about prolonging the game for the love of the game and a will to work with the community. Instead it tells me that you want the community to be afraid of speaking up against your own favor and expecting everyone to fall in a certain range of behaviors... and you expect this to happen in a game that touts itself as being an open world sandbox where you make your own adventure?

And Collusion's post about attempting "to further profit at the expense of the greater community" was CLEARLY made in such a joking manner. Maybe a joke in poor taste, but you can't determine the entirety of their personality with such a troll post.

What should have been done was to give Rage Quit a chance. To remove all loot and items associated with said loot (equipment on the Enoan galleon) and ask them to share their knowledge of how this glitch happened and to never actively engage it again at the risk of being banned. This would have showed an openness, a possibility for a real back and forth communication about things that are important to this game. Instead you didn't give them a chance.

I'm not just saying this out of the blue, this is within the context of the countless amounts of bugs, glitches, broken patches and artificial market manipulation to create scarcity and arbitrarily alter item values. The hyper-inflated economy from launch til around library which made gearing up at a reasonable rate essentially impossible without buying into the cash shop, Auroria's launch disaster, rumbling archeum trees, the everlasting promise of the skill queue system, oddities and brokenness of festival token exchangers, the broken launch of the evolution servers, the fact that Kirito from Laughing Coffin (Naima)/Grieve from Exiled (Morpheus) can just randomly come back into the game and "yolo" regrade entire armor sets and weapons at divine and epic (and a mythic shotspear!) in a row within minutes and is still allowed to play this game (and not just him), ect. This is just from the top of my head and there's been so much more.

And now this. This closes the door for anything beneficial and meaningful to come out of any discussions of any more "emergent gameplay" that comes from ArcheAge. There was no chance given to explore the proper context of this situation. This quote from a Rage Quit member summarizes how inhumanely an entire guild was treated for simply being human.

http://i.imgur.com/pOqj7sn.png

Here's the video with a time stamp to show that they obviously didn't intend for this to happen. They intended to get to the next phase and continue on with the fight normally and yet it remained in this bugged state. Listen to their comms and everyone's tone of voice. This wasn't a "HUEUHEE WE R 1337 HAX0RZ" but more of a "WTF is this??? Ok ok clear comms let's get ready for the actual fight."
    https://youtu.be/q6bzFwQ7ruo?t=890

Closed Thread
Page 69 of 169 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 119 ... LastLast