+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Suggestions For Platerunner.

Suggestions For Platerunner.

so i have the option to either go with delphi flame leather or plate.
    as a DR i should prob get the leather (duh)
    but i want the delphi flame plate to not get 2-3 shotted by 5k+ gs peeps

what would be idea.
    full delphi flame leather
    or
    4 pc delphi flame leather/3pc oby

ORRRRRR
    full delphi flame plate
    or 4pc flame plate/3 oby?

opinions?
    Inoch/NA's Worst Pvper

P.S i use a Divine t4 nod, and have a divine t4 SS with CA combo. so i have options on weapons. for the most part when i pvp its either ganks that i finish people in one rotation or less or pve where i sneak up on people its pretty hard to catch me.
    Inoch/NA's Worst Pvper

To be perfectly honest, running Darkrunner with anything other than leather is silly. You'll still go down pretty fast. At least if you have leather you can do better damage.

Try and max out your toughness to survive better.

If your heart is set on plate, go Abolisher instead. I find that the skill sets and toughness give you more survivability than purely gear. I play Skullknight and Enigmatist with almost the same gear. As Skullknight I can take a beating from 4 or 5 people at a time. As Enigmatist I go down VERY fast if I'm caught out.
    Xiomaro
    Dark Reavers
    EU Kyprosa

Bring back unlimited 1v1

V1 head/chest/hands, then 3-set Hexbane (boots/waist/wrist), Life + Dream/Holy rings.

^_
    It is the great philosophical concept of trying to find a way beyond the horizon knowing full well you never actually will; the essence of a journey measured not by when but by why and how. Beyond that, I won't explain myself further. Those on the bus will understand, those who isn't will probably not. I'm good with that.

As a mage, I approve of more Darkrunners going plate.

go leather tbh... going plate really won't change that much in a form of survivability.... and plate is imbalanced you will still get blown up easier by mages.... i agree with xiomaro tankiness relies more on the class than the gear.

Kanon wrote an excellent guide for Plate use that should answer all questions regarding it's use and the classes that are good with it.

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...ht=plate+guide
    Necromonicon
    Blood Reaver

Consider any regrading as a bomb waiting to go off, with fail-safes that will trigger the explosion even if you disarm it. Randomly of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiomaro View Post
    To be perfectly honest, running Darkrunner with anything other than leather is silly. You'll still go down pretty fast. At least if you have leather you can do better damage.

Try and max out your toughness to survive better.

If your heart is set on plate, go Abolisher instead. I find that the skill sets and toughness give you more survivability than purely gear. I play Skullknight and Enigmatist with almost the same gear. As Skullknight I can take a beating from 4 or 5 people at a time. As Enigmatist I go down VERY fast if I'm caught out.
    false, what most people don't know is, flame plate is the overall best option for a DR.

Leather DRs get melted by everything, do slightly more damage due to the crit dmg bonus from the leather set buff. Plate DRs get melted by mages (assuming shrug off etc) but survive vs other DRs, archers, abolishers, etc.

Plate is your best bet for an "overall complete" set.
    Yes, I just kicked you

The uninstall button is the greatest weapon you have against Trion/XL's Tyranny

Plate darkrunners are surprisingly effective, unlike leather darkrunners, plate darkrunners arent going to be lit up instantly when they get ambushed by another darkrunner and a 6.5k gs darkrunner in flame is going to die just as fast against an equally geared mage. It is true that you lose out on some pretty nice leather bonuses, but you gain more parry, more physical defense and additional health from not only the 5% bonus, but the celestial/divine buff gives more hp overall, one thing to consider as well is that the obsidian cuirass gives a large amount of melee attack which cannot be gained in the same slot if you are a leather DR.

i think in terms of being a pure damage dealing glass cannon, leather is better, but for a more balanced DR who is much better against other physical damage dealers, plate DRs are viable.
    Wearer of Metal
    WORLD CHAMPS
    "Disaster is Better than NaCl" - Aramos
    "Celia is the best player in Archeage history" - Celia
    "Plz don't kill me Celia" - Murdered innocent

+ Reply to Thread