+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DR set up/

DR set up/

So i decided im going for 4 pc dephi flame and 3 pc obsidian, what 3 pc of obsidian should i grab? currentlly bidding on delphi flame chest. i have a divine nod t4
    Inoch/NA's Worst Pvper

If that's what you want then my reccomendation would be:
    Obsidian helm - melee atk (arguably better to use the obsidian foot instead, I dunno)
    Flame chest
    Meina gloves 10% precision strike (auroria battlelorn 8%precision )
    Dark watcher wrist - focus, 7% backstab
    Flame waist
    Flame leg
    Flame foot
    Delph 7% atk speed/9.6% backstab cloak

7/7 flame will be better for pvp imo, but the above will have the most pve boss dps
    Frenzy
    - Tahyang West
    #ARENAGATE

Also worth considering is maybe not going for the 500 warrior medal wrist that gives backstab dmg, but instead the 300 warrior medal waist that gives +15 sec of 5% attack.

Again, I personally feel like my 7/7 flame is better in pvp than my 4 piece flame set.

The 8% atk that delph flame offers is just so huge to not get. (I only have epherium).

I use a Divine T6 Greatsword. I personally feel like archeage is 90% weapon, so I'd get your nodachi to T6 before anything else.
    Frenzy
    - Tahyang West
    #ARENAGATE

I'm of the personal opinion flame is lame.

My complaint against flame is you are just too darn squishy, the come back argument, is yeah but you one shot anyone. But guess what, getting one shot combo'd by someone 1k GS below you feelsbadman.

You always won't get the drop on someone, and being so offense oriented, you have little to zero leeway in getting opened up on, where as, a more stamina oriented build lets you survive the combo then turn around and two-shot them or nope out of there to safety. Doing any end game open world pvp, there can be a lot of 'environmental' damage from boss mechanics or enemy aoe's hitting you that chunk a smaller and less protected hp pool hard.

This is my current go to build that i'm aiming for.

http://aacalc.ru/en/?a=020dEhurMjWw17

The dream setup, it is a pretty cookie cutter build for 5 piece Obsidian. Swap out belt/wrist lunastones on preference, use Greatsword over Nodachi, # of lunastones socketed to preference, maybe some Focus lunafrosts over extra toughness frosts, etc etc, the build hits hard, but can also take hits and still stay in the fight. The free 1000 defense of mixed pdef/mdef stats from chest/leg obsidian piece bonus is not to be underestimated.

The build just relies way more heavily on having a hard hitting 2hand over a flame build counterpart.

+ Reply to Thread