+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: BDO is just a cheaper version of Archeage.

I was lucky enough to come across a 7 day guest pass for BDO on release day. I had been following the game for awhile now, and watched every Youtube video I could click on about it and it's progress towards release. I was sooooo excited about it. I am pretty disappointed with it. It's extremely overwhelming (and despite the in-game video tutorials, I still could not figure out what to do half the time), the main story is laugh-out-loud terrible, and the top of the disappointment cake for me was the combat. I'd heard so much about how amazing the combat was. For me it was uncontrollable. I am going to pop back in again tonight and give it another shot because there just has to be a reason as to why it's so widely regarded. I love AA for it's sailing, housing, economy, gathering, and crafting. I also like that I don't have to set my character to autorun for 30 mins just to get somewhere. I like being able to "tab target" so I don't keep accidentally shooting every creature in my view.

I've been playing Archeage since it's release and it felt as if it were getting stale for me. But when I logged back in last night it felt amazing. Sometimes it's hard to appreciate what you already have.

Ps - I hope this doesn't come off as "jerky elitist AA player opinion". There are tons of games for all types of playstyles. BDO just wasn't for me. I'm also a big GW2 fan, LoL, WoW, DA:I, and Rift on occasion

Quote Originally Posted by Zionna View Post
    /snip

I've been playing Archeage since it's release and it felt as if it were getting stale for me. But when I logged back in last night it felt amazing. Sometimes it's hard to appreciate what you already have.

/endsnip
    ^^So many times this.

AA has issues. Serious issues. Nobody is debating that. It's still the best game out there RIGHT NOW.

There is nothing wrong with trying other games, as everyone has their own type of play that AA may or may not satisfy.

Truthfully, though, if you think the game is truly crap, go play some other "F2P" garbage games and come back. Maybe you'll appreciate what we do have more.
    Is anyone else sad to know that people will rant and rave about being banned when they know damn good and well they broke the rules? Sadder still is the energy consumption and the lengths they will go to so they can continue to break them... and the threads they post when they finally get caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    ^^So many times this.

AA has issues. Serious issues. Nobody is debating that. It's still the best game out there RIGHT NOW.

There is nothing wrong with trying other games, as everyone has their own type of play that AA may or may not satisfy.

Truthfully, though, if you think the game is truly crap, go play some other "F2P" garbage games and come back. Maybe you'll appreciate what we do have more.
    So few nay sayers now. People must have went and tried BDO and haven't come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldyloc View Post
    So few nay sayers now. People must have went and tried BDO and haven't come back.
    And quite a few have.

I'm not saying that BDO is better or worse. It's New and Shiny! Lots ofpeople will drop AA and go play it. Some will stay, and some will return.

For me, AA is still "better" in a lot of respects. BDO is extremely nice to look at, but instanced housing, and the entire energy system (which is like labor only more complicated) make it something that I personally don't like.

Like with AA, the beginning is always "perfect" until one horrible aspect or another becomes apparent and people start getting itchy keyboards for something else. It will also be the same for Bless, Camelot Unchained, Crowfall, and any other game that's released. It's all in what you, as an individual deem acceptable and unacceptable.

Someday, something will come along and take me away from AA., but for now, it's the best game out there for me.
    Is anyone else sad to know that people will rant and rave about being banned when they know damn good and well they broke the rules? Sadder still is the energy consumption and the lengths they will go to so they can continue to break them... and the threads they post when they finally get caught.

I agree "Black Desert Online" has good graphics, but its a piece of ♥♥♥♥ game, I pre-order the game, they didn't tell me I was going to be installed "Spyware" Root-Kit onto my computer which previously caused issues with other games called "XingCode3", and I believe this program is also in violation of the European Laws because players are not even made aware that this is being installed, and I read the agreement too, it mentions nothing about it, and even if an EULA, or TOS says that the company has consent to monitor for hacks, memory etc, that only applies to that one company, not to another company relaying that information to them so XingCode3 would need its own Terms OF Service listed.

Black Desert as a game is done for if you want hard-core PVP, there is a better game, sure its not "Sexy Female Models" Like these korean MMO's, but its one of the best old-school PVP Games out there https://darkfallriseofagon.com/, and better than Black Desert IMO unless the new company ruins it.

https://forums.darkfallriseofagon.co...e-7#post-17216

Blade & Soul is no better either it uses Game - Guard and does the same crap despite players telling them to remove it putting in $150+ and losing my subscription because they decided to turn on game-guard and I can't play it because I don't want game-guard on my system.

Quote Originally Posted by felixius View Post
    Ethetun, I have 3 x 7 day guest passes if you want to check it out. PM me if you're interested.
    Thank you very much Felixius. With some encouragement of people I run around with in games, and some friends I've made on the forums, I decided to buy it and try it out. This is only my second post on AA forums since last thursday. lol ...which sadly is a long time for me. I'm thoroughly loving BDO, which I did not think would be the case at all...so am very pleasantly surprised. I've decided to completely throw in the towel on AA with everything happening over here, and the pleasant surprise of enjoying BDO. ...so have even uninstalled it on my machines.

Wishing people the best here though. Thanks again for the offer. ..was very nice of you!

Quote Originally Posted by Ethetun View Post
    Thank you very much Felixius. With some encouragement of people I run around with in games, and some friends I've made on the forums, I decided to buy it and try it out. This is only my second post on AA forums since last thursday. lol ...which sadly is a long time for me. I'm thoroughly loving BDO, which I did not think would be the case at all...so am very pleasantly surprised. I've decided to completely throw in the towel on AA with everything happening over here, and the pleasant surprise of enjoying BDO. ...so have even uninstalled it on my machines.

Wishing people the best here though. Thanks again for the offer. ..was very nice of you!
    Good luck to you, Ethetun! I have enjoyed verbally sparring with you. We may not see eye to eye on a lot of things, but in our disagreements, you have never resorted to "kiddie filth" or personal attacks toward me. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Good luck to you, Ethetun! I have enjoyed verbally sparring with you. We may not see eye to eye on a lot of things, but in our disagreements, you have never resorted to "kiddie filth" or personal attacks toward me. Cheers!
    Thank you, you too!

hope it will motivete to bring more content for aa while its nice game

Quote Originally Posted by asgarot View Post
    AA is like poor cousin of BDO. i so glad im not wsting my time for AA anymore. everything aa had done bdo does better and it servers are swarmed with players eaven if you must buy the game to play it.
    AA is that old girlfriend who treated you poorly and spent all your money. You still care about her but no way in hell your going back.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast