View Poll Results: What punishment is fit?

Voters
316. You may not vote on this poll
  • Perma-ban

231 73.10%
  • The 1 day suspension is fit

85 26.90%
Closed Thread
Page 36 of 57 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Can someone explain me why tt6 from kyrios can make a port to freedich?

Agree with the OP points, but as I said in previous post, the RQ punishment was far too severe. Trion seems to have learned from that and applied it in this situation. The one day suspension fit here, and it should have fit with RQ as well. ...possibly slightly longer, but perma-ban, no...not in either situation. It looks like they are still investigating how the portal was obtained, and am sure that will be shared once they have confirmation of it. If it requires them to adjust the punishment for a single acct or what not, I could get get behind that as well, but I don't think it would be right to assume that all players that used the portal, may or may not know how the portal was obtained. I don't really stop to think, ok, how did player x get a portal, before I jump thru it. ...so again, think the punishment for the overall group is sufficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethetun View Post
    I would agree if you could actually show a malicious intent, but regardless of what Celestrata said, you couldn't legitimately prove that in either instance. Trion took ownership of the issue or problem in this case, which I applaud, and instituted a fair punishment based on recognizing that, yes the players took advantage of a glitch, but the glitch should be owned by Trion. ...which they did. Are there some slight differences between the two, yes. The main being that in this case Trion manually removed these portals, and missed one....where as the boss glitch is a program issue on XL's side, and harder to have caught; however, in both cases Trion is ultimately responsible for the published product in my opinion. At face value, they learned from some of their mistakes on the levi incident, and acted cautiously and appropriately in this situation. Outside of asking them to revisit the RQ situation, which wouldn't result in anything different at this point, they did a good job here.
    A voice of moderation?!? In our forums? How dare you bring common sense into this thread! :P

My gut reaction after reading this swampfest was to drop the banhammer hard on everyone who used that portal. Getting instant and on-demand access to Freedich whenever wanted seems like a major, MAJOR advantage. A 24hr ban for such a game-changing exploit/bug/whatever seems pretty darn light.

Still...only Trion can look at the internals and make the final call.
    Dirrty
    <Spetsnaz>
    Kraken West

Quote Originally Posted by MonolithD View Post
    Social media is cancerous because of social vanity, they want to ruin things they don't agree with.

what's with all these perma bans pls stahp

Autumn's Petal Dedea
    ♢ ♢ ♢ Aesir ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢
    Shatigon, EU

Quit.

http://www.twitch.tv/deedeaa

That teleport book mod, allows the players reorder the list, maybe it allows the players insert a new record too?

Quote Originally Posted by dirrtygmoney View Post
    A voice of moderation?!? In our forums? How dare you bring common sense into this thread! :P

My gut reaction after reading this swampfest was to drop the banhammer hard on everyone who used that portal. Getting instant and on-demand access to Freedich whenever wanted seems like a major, MAJOR advantage. A 24hr ban for such a game-changing exploit/bug/whatever seems pretty darn light.
    Agree, think it would be a major advantage. 24 hr does seem alittle light, would agree with that as well. Perma is way too severe though, and again in the context of owning the problem that resulted in the exploit, I can understand a lighter punishment for the specific incident. ..so overall, believe it to be a good call. If they find that whoever created the portal was using a hack or something, then that acct would deserve something more severe of course.

I would agree if you could actually show a malicious intent, but regardless of what Celestrata said, you couldn't legitimately prove that in either instance. Trion took ownership of the issue or problem in this case, which I applaud, and instituted a fair punishment based on recognizing that, yes the players took advantage of a glitch, but the glitch should be owned by Trion. ...which they did. Are there some slight differences between the two, yes. The main being that in this case Trion manually removed these portals, and missed one....where as the boss glitch is a program issue on XL's side, and harder to have caught; however, in both cases Trion is ultimately responsible for the published product in my opinion. At face value, they learned from some of their mistakes on the levi incident, and acted cautiously and appropriately in this situation. Outside of asking them to revisit the RQ situation, which wouldn't result in anything different at this point, they did a good job here.
    Actually I have to disagree with you here. This really isn't a glitch created by Trion/XL. This obviously was a hack. Prettykittykat was created long after the the housing was removed so there was no way this character could have a saved port.

There is talk of them trying to hide and transfer their guild funds to someone who won't be banned. They are serious scared of the perma. They are so guilty it's not even funny.

Please check where their gold/ items end up. They will just re roll with tons of gold like they did after the ollo honor exploit. FOLLOW THAT GOLD

Quote Originally Posted by blazethekush420 View Post
    There is talk of them trying to hide and transfer their guild funds to someone who won't be banned. They are serious scared of the perma. They are so guilty it's not even funny.

Please check where their gold/ items end up. They will just re roll with tons of gold like they did after the ollo honor exploit. FOLLOW THAT GOLD
    Good point!

Quote Originally Posted by Caombra View Post
    Actually I have to disagree with you here. This really isn't a glitch created by Trion/XL. This obviously was a hack. Prettykittykat was created long after the the housing was removed so there was no way this character could have a saved port.
    Would point to my response to Dirrty. If that is the case, and found to be so, then I would agree with a more severe punishment for that one player, but can you honestly say that if that player said "I've had it from previous housing"....that others didn't just accept that at face value? ..could see there would be room to say no on that point, but I would rather play that conservatively and not perma ban an entire group of people for the actions of one. ...perma banning whole groups for actions of a few is just distasteful and not healthy for community or game as a whole.

Not saying that you are, but community as a whole really needs to get past this lynch mob mentality.

Agree with the OP points, but as I said in previous post, the RQ punishment was far too severe. Trion seems to have learned from that and applied it in this situation. The one day suspension fit here, and it should have fit with RQ as well. ...possibly slightly longer, but perma-ban, no...not in either situation. It looks like they are still investigating how the portal was obtained, and am sure that will be shared once they have confirmation of it. If it requires them to adjust the punishment for a single acct or what not, I could get get behind that as well, but I don't think it would be right to assume that all players that used the portal, may or may not know how the portal was obtained. I don't really stop to think, ok, how did player x get a portal, before I jump thru it. ...so again, think the punishment for the overall group is sufficient.
    Problem is said group uses hacks/ bot program. There is evidence if you google tt6 archebuddy. That is how they got so geared, all the while talking ♥♥♥♥ to everyone else. I wouldn't permanent ban them all but I'd say a serious investigation and perma ban of chargeback kitty and his Alts is in order.

Closed Thread
Page 36 of 57 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast