View Poll Results: What punishment is fit?

Voters
316. You may not vote on this poll
  • Perma-ban

231 73.10%
  • The 1 day suspension is fit

85 26.90%
Closed Thread
Page 50 of 57 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Can someone explain me why tt6 from kyrios can make a port to freedich?

heres a song that relates to everyones fustration perfect fit for GM's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmEr...=RDBmErRm-vApI
    Quote Originally Posted by Xithorus View Post
    Yea no... Well sorta T5 is comparable to Kraken because they are both delphinad grade.
    +2 For Kraken Shield being the BiS Shield in game currently (The use ability is more than broken...)
    I never stated that, stop putting words in my mouth I replied to Bumble's post about the T5 greatsword and that is all there is to it. So like Kallock requested stop derailing./end

Physically? Idaho. Emotionally? A state of perpetual panic
    Quote Originally Posted by Delaque View Post
    So what is the status on this since the last post from Trion said they were continuing to investigate it?
    I see one of two things as being possible.

1. Trion is actually investigating still (even though there's video evidence and common sense available already), but is not mentioning progress in order to avoid spooking TT6 members. By now they've probably given everything back to their mains, so a surprise ban out of the blue would take out most of their in-game wealth. Minimizes after-the-fact item hunting, which I dont think Trion would bother doing anyway as it's probably way too much trouble.

2. The 'investigation' never happened; will never happen; and Trion is simply waiting for this thread to die and everyone to forget about the portal.

Personally I think #2 is more likely since it would have been exceedingly simple to address the very valid and easily tested assertion that the character opening the portal was created after Freedich portals had been deleted from the game, thereby nullifying any chance of said character having logged a valid portal location to begin with. Trion's 24 hour ban was levied under the assumption that the portal was available to this character due to improper execution of the memory tome wipes, but with this character being too new to have ever needed a wipe, this heavily suggests the existence of a portal in that character's roster was resultant of an intentional exploit and not a simple fluke coding error.

Step One: Look up the date freedich portals were removed from game
    Step Two: Look up the date this character was created
    Step Three: Compare the dates
    Step Four: Inform the community to either lower their pitchforks, or hand down a more appropriate punishment

In my opinion, the account of the person making the portal should be perma-banned, and anyone waiting around for the portal to go up should be given 30 day suspensions. If there is any evidence of these accounts using a similar portal in the past, then upgrade that to perma. If the logs don't contain that kind of information, then oh well that's too bad. I think it's highly unlikely that these people would be waiting around for the portal to open unless they knew from previous experience where it went, but that's circumstantial and I'm a believer in "innocent until proven guilty." 30 days would have to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainburrow View Post

1. Trion is actually investigating still (even though there's video evidence and common sense available already), but is not mentioning progress in order to avoid spooking TT6 members. By now they've probably given everything back to their mains, so a surprise ban out of the blue would take out most of their in-game wealth. Minimizes after-the-fact item hunting, which I dont think Trion would bother doing anyway as it's probably way too much trouble.

2. The 'investigation' never happened; will never happen; and Trion is simply waiting for this thread to die and everyone to forget about the portal.

Personally I think #2 is more likely since it would have been exceedingly simple to address the very valid and easily tested assertion that the character opening the portal was created after Freedich portals had been deleted from the game, thereby nullifying any chance of said character having logged a valid portal location to begin with. Trion's 24 hour ban was levied under the assumption that the portal was available to this character due to improper execution of the memory tome wipes, but with this character being too new to have ever needed a wipe, this heavily suggests the existence of a portal in that character's roster was resultant of an intentional exploit and not a simple fluke coding error.

Step Four: Inform the community to either lower their pitchforks, or hand down a more appropriate punishment

In my opinion, the account of the person making the portal should be perma-banned, and anyone waiting around for the portal to go up should be given 30 day suspensions. If there is any evidence of these accounts using a similar portal in the past, then upgrade that to perma. If the logs don't contain that kind of information, then oh well that's too bad. I think it's highly unlikely that these people would be waiting around for the portal to open unless they knew from previous experience where it went, but that's circumstantial and I'm a believer in "innocent until proven guilty." 30 days would have to do.
    Speaking of the supposed fixed ports, tested today, reported it here; http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...=1#post2251373
    "Some People Are Alive Simply Because It's Illegal To Kill Them"

Mudbone [LaZy] (Farmer Extraordinaire)
    <The Imperium of LaZy Nation> on Ollo(NA East)

Quote Originally Posted by Rainburrow View Post

I'm almost positive that they knew exactly where the port went, including people not even in TT6, but people in Warden as well. TT6 is very connected, and information like that also gets passed to Warden pretty frequently, since they work hand in hand. I'm sure everyone knew but they're hiding their tails between their legs because they're worried about being permabanned.

I'm surprised that Celestrata still doesn't have word for us.
    JalYtJustin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Not Bias | Kyrios East
    💀 ϟ

Do not take anything I say as a collective opinion of my guild, or my friends.
    What I express is to be interpreted as only my view, no one else's.

Quote Originally Posted by JalYt Justin View Post
    I'm almost positive that they knew exactly where the port went, including people not even in TT6, but people in Warden as well. TT6 is very connected, and information like that also gets passed to Warden pretty frequently, since they work hand in hand. I'm sure everyone knew but they're hiding their tails between their legs because they're worried about being permabanned.

Very true. They've always been a pretty tight knit group. And, while a lot of adjectives could be used to describe them, 'stupid' is not one of them. They knew where that portal was going.

Lol, celestrata cant give us an update when to exlect decorating balloons, or the fix to whisp in maching 2.5 update.

That was before 2.5 launch, so you guys maybe waiting a long time for her to answer you.

So, seems a "Just wait, people will forget about this entire mess." attitude in regards to TT6 exploiting and failing to report the "script error", bug, exploit and instead using it to their advantage and profit.

Quote Originally Posted by randomxyn View Post
    So, seems a "Just wait, people will forget about this entire mess." attitude in regards to TT6 exploiting and failing to report the "script error", bug, exploit and instead using it to their advantage and profit.
    Each day that goes by pretty much confirms this. And that's why I'll continue to bump this thread until we get a response from Trino.
    JalYtJustin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Not Bias | Kyrios East
    💀 ϟ

Do not take anything I say as a collective opinion of my guild, or my friends.
    What I express is to be interpreted as only my view, no one else's.

Each day that goes by pretty much confirms this. And that's why I'll continue to bump this thread until we get a response from Trino.
    Well here is a nod for you, but is my last. I'm a bit surprised they haven't responded by now either, but I still would stand behind the decision that this is a fitting punishment for the masses. Again, if wrong-doing for the one that opened the portal sure.

...but the inconsistencies and trying to justify this by stating the intent is separate is just one more reason I'm done with Trion and AA. I've enjoyed the past several days, and like what I'm playing and future plans are with gaming. It is sad that Trion seems to have these double standards and inconsistencies, yet tries to explain them away. Honestly, I think they really believe in their reasoning...which is the scary part. As long as players keep playing and supporting them though it will only continue. Again, I think they learned some things from the RQ situation, and seem to have incorporated what they learned, but instead of acknowledging that, they put the screws in and say one was malicious, while one wasn't. ....which is silly at best.

Good Luck to those that want to continue on with this mess and poor management/leadership. Hope it does get turned around for you somehow. Game will be uninstalled for me and everything gone by midnight! Yay me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethetun View Post
    Well here is a nod for you, but is my last. I'm a bit surprised they haven't responded by now either, but I still would stand behind the decision that this is a fitting punishment for the masses. Again, if wrong-doing for the one that opened the portal sure.

...but the inconsistencies and trying to justify this by stating the intent is separate is just one more reason I'm done with Trion and AA. I've enjoyed the past several days, and like what I'm playing and future plans are with gaming. It is sad that Trion seems to have these double standards and inconsistencies, yet tries to explain them away. Honestly, I think they really believe in their reasoning...which is the scary part. As long as players keep playing and supporting them though it will only continue. Again, I think they learned some things from the RQ situation, and seem to have incorporated what they learned, but instead of acknowledging that, they put the screws in and say one was malicious, while one wasn't. ....which is silly at best.

Good Luck to those that want to continue on with this mess and poor management/leadership. Hope it does get turned around for you somehow. Game will be uninstalled for me and everything gone by midnight! Yay me.
    Unfortunately your posts operate from a position of being disingenuous, as if this is a college dorm game of "who's da debater". No offense intended, but making claims of "knowledge" for Trion (e.g. "Again, I think they learned some things from the RQ situation, and seem to have incorporated what they learned, . . .") is a close cousin to putting words in their mouths.

This will lead all the "sheeple" around of course, but for everyone else:

It's not clever, it's obvious.

But none of this really matters, as you engage in a segue to one or more alts as a result of recent "inconveniences" in the game.
    If you are going to Sand Box a blockade, Sand Box demands you have the mojo to hold and maintain it - not coast on the code to do it for you in safe zones. - Bramble

Closed Thread
Page 50 of 57 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast