+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Daily login tracker + server issues =

Daily login tracker + server issues =

So back to the daily login. I live in one of those time zones that's in the sweet spot for the login tracker. I am in bed before the full reset and don't get off work till after the first reset (dailies). So my only recourse is to either stay up late and catch it after the full reset, or get up early and click the login before I go to work.

This is workable, really. I usually get up a little earlier and click the button for all the accounts we have in the house. It usually only takes about 5 minutes or so. But then there's issues like this. Issues that prevent logging in. Either that or there is normal maintenance downtime. Or, there are issues with my IP. The problem is, every month, I just barely hit the 21 mark of the daily login despite playing daily.

So my question is, MONTHS after you started this whole daily login thing, when are you going to fix this ridiculous bunch of frustration. It is a daily login. MAKE IT DAILY. Don't just sit there and allow it to continue being "it's a daily login, but only if you log in at a specific time, and only if the planets are aligned just right, and only if our servers are running properly, and only if you sacrifice a goat just before logging in, and only if......."
    Never assume you are smarter, tougher, richer, or in any way better than someone you have never met.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruttle View Post
    So back to the daily login. I live in one of those time zones that's in the sweet spot for the login tracker. I am in bed before the full reset and don't get off work till after the first reset (dailies). So my only recourse is to either stay up late and catch it after the full reset, or get up early and click the login before I go to work.

This is workable, really. I usually get up a little earlier and click the button for all the accounts we have in the house. It usually only takes about 5 minutes or so. But then there's issues like this. Issues that prevent logging in. Either that or there is normal maintenance downtime. Or, there are issues with my IP. The problem is, every month, I just barely hit the 21 mark of the daily login despite playing daily.

So my question is, MONTHS after you started this whole daily login thing, when are you going to fix this ridiculous bunch of frustration. It is a daily login. MAKE IT DAILY. Don't just sit there and allow it to continue being "it's a daily login, but only if you log in at a specific time, and only if the planets are aligned just right, and only if our servers are running properly, and only if you sacrifice a goat just before logging in, and only if......."
    ^ daily login and DS NPC ...both mechanics lose players benefits on the login and prestige. ...both have been going on long enough now to have had significant impact.

its DAILY login tracker and u are complaining u cant cover 2 days in 1 day if u log on reset time????

there no way u can miss it if u login with less than 24 hrs periods of not playing.

Quote Originally Posted by pixelss View Post
    its DAILY login tracker and u are complaining u cant cover 2 days in 1 day if u log on reset time????

there no way u can miss it if u login with less than 24 hrs periods of not playing.
    Wow, incredible...

Allow me to explain the situation for you since you apparently have no clue how the system works. In order for the "daily login" to work every day, you need to log in and click the button before the daily quest reset and after your local midnight. If you log in any time other than that, the "daily login" spazzes out and you won't be able to click the button for an entire 24 hour rotation. This means that the button is blanked out for an entire 24 hour period.

In other words, If I click the button at 3:01pm my time, that button will be unclickable for 32 hours and 59 minutes.

In all reality, I have a 15 hour window to click the button. I work and sleep in that 15 hours and have to catch the login between sleep and work or I get one login tracker every two days. Which is to say, I end up with about 15 minutes every morning to catch the login tracker or I miss it and have to lose a day. If ANYTHING happens in that time period, I lose a day.
    Never assume you are smarter, tougher, richer, or in any way better than someone you have never met.

Just a couple of ideas as I'm of the opinion if they haven't fixed it by now it means it stays as it is.

Login before you go to work and someone else in your household clicks it at the appropriate time.

Install some remote access software on your phone/tablet and on your coffee break login and click it.

I'm not sure what your time range is to access it but I'm sure there must be a way you can find 5 minutes in day, in the right time span, to login and click. If you can't then maybe you just have to accept you are going to miss out or bombard support with tickets each month to get the coin.
    I've started to support global warming in the hope that it will melt all the snowflakes...

How long as this been a known issue for?
    How long has information been passed to XL?

Don't bother thinking of how to fix the game, make the best of what you got while it's here mate.
    Been there done that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrolan View Post
    You're right when you say that the class doesn't have the 1.0 impact it used to.
    Truth be told a chosen class is only a small representation of a player's sphere of influence. What is lacking in combat ability can absolutely be made up for with social savvy.
    -Khro
    #SaveArchery - When "social savvy" is a Producer's response in how to fix Archery.

IDK why this isnt automatic on login .... Wastes time clicking it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliantha View Post
    A mother, father, and their mute son were sitting at the breakfast table as they had done every day that they were a family. On this day the mother and father were discussing their plans for the day when all of a sudden their mute son says "My cornflakes are soggy." The parents look at their son in disbelief and then the mother manages to say "You can talk! We thought you were a mute!" The son frowns and says "Of course I can talk, but up until now everything has been fine."
    I love this.

Quote Originally Posted by trev View Post
    IDK why this isnt automatic on login .... Wastes time clicking it.
    They can't even get a manual mechanic to work, what makes you think they could implement an automated system?
    “We view any system that generates value, at a cost to customer happiness, as a broken system that we need to fix.”

Valve On In-Game Economy

Calim[Strike]Naima[/strike] Kraken East Support Archer

Quote Originally Posted by Ethetun View Post
    ^ daily login and DS NPC ...both mechanics lose players benefits on the login and prestige. ...both have been going on long enough now to have had significant impact.
    killingthe DS NPC is a Legit thing... it is Denying the Opposing Faction Prestige.
    you pleb
    ~ Sainless Steel Deku ~

8th - Tyrenos - Daku <Unforgivin> / <FLEX>
    7th - Kadum - Dekusol <Angelic Order>
    6th - ArcheRage - Dekusol <Save Our Souls> / <Panic>
    5th - Nui - Deku <A.S.E.S> / <Unforgiven>
    4th - Thunderwing - Aether <V E R I T A S> / <KGB>
    3rd - Reckoning - Arrow <Renegades> / <Epidemic> / <Plan B>
    2nd - Morpheus - Aether <Renegades> / <PRIME> / <POWER>
    1st - Kyrios - Aerosolz <Lithium>

Note on Private Server: NEVER PLAY IT.

Quote Originally Posted by Shantar View Post
    I'm not sure what your time range is to access it but I'm sure there must be a way you can find 5 minutes in day, in the right time span, to login and click. If you can't then maybe you just have to accept you are going to miss out or bombard support with tickets each month to get the coin.
    That's the thing, sometimes I just don't have the time inside that window. But that's the infuriating part. It is literally called a "daily login tracker" that only works if you click in the right half of a day. It has been MONTHS and it is still broken. They have tons of daily stuff that does work, but the one thing that is only for logging in once a day is so borked it doesn't work half the time. It is just so absolutely ridiculous that this is such a simple thing and yet they still won't do anything about it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast