+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wouldn't that be awesome?

Wouldn't that be awesome?

In this post I will try to bring out some of my ideas about how to make this great game even more awesome! As english isnt my motherlanguage pls forgive me mistakes which surely will occur due to this fact

1. As the bloodust mode (ctrl+f) is an essential part of archeage which is both loved and hated I'd like to start my considerations on the subject of this.
    As it is my aim to write about improvements for everyone I will not promote my personal pro or contra concerning bloodlust mode.

My idea: Bloodlust mode should not be possible during faction events like Halcyona or MM which have a defined duration and also maybe even in a proper area surrounding rifts! THIS MEANS NOT being unable to fight other faction players, it just shouldnt be possible to use bloodlust mode!
    Why? Because it will always happen that guilds which are in fight with each other or just love to play "bad guys" deny content for those who are weaker, less geared or just helpless.
    I have seen how a faction event became a PK massacre and troll festival. In my opinion this is against the intention of the game.
    So what I wish is that as soon as Halcyona or MM event starts in that area at the same time no activation of ctrl+f should be possible. This would guarantee that noone can pk lvl 30 who just come there first time or anyone else taking time to go there for their quest, no matter how many raids exist. Also I would suggest that mortarts and suchlike which is often used in bad faith to block the spawning crystal in Halcyona cannot be called inside the camp.
    What I want is that events which are meant to be as "reds against greens" can be experienced as such for everyone!
    I have the feeling that this must be a relatively simple thing to implement but would have an enormous effect in a positive way.

2. Rebirthtrauma and not being able to open portals...
    What a useless and annoying fact especially when you died on open sea. Sometimes you spawn in the middle of nowhere and don't even have a chance to continue. As far as I am concerned I think this unability to open a portal should be removed or reduced to a minimum of 20 seconds.

3. Getaway skill...
    we all know these unlucky situations when you have to use this skill But..why the hell does it take nearly 60 or more seconds until you get ported to next Nui? Maybe I am just not able to see any advantage in this waiting timer but so far I would say..get rid of it!!!

4. More options for house settings!!!
    My proposal: Add a bigger variety of how someone can give access to others, like enable ppl to use your furniture and crafting stations inside your house but deny access to harvest or interact with stuff standing on the outside (like lifting packs or grammophones). To explain it better I'd like to give an example. What if it would be like this: House can be set on public, private, guild or family and the same way the surrounding can be handled.
    Personally I would prefer to set my house on public so everyone can use my chairs, instruments or workbenches but my cultivation area around it can be kept private or only used by guildmembers or family. Why I came to this consideration is because sometimes you have friends for a visit which arent in your guild and never they can just take a seat, this destroys also a bit a role playing effect;(

5. Guild chest options...
    A useful addition would be a "put in and take out" overview option connected to the possibility to set a chest on guild. So as soon as you activate the guild option on a chest a little "?" sign could be added which allows chest owners to click on it and then get an overview which members have put something in or took something out. This list could be resetted every month to avoid getting it too long. But for a better organisation and of course documentation of activities the owner can take screenshots which can be added to spreadsheets if needed regularly or just once a month.

6. Prestige...
    a) shouldnt be bound to a guild! I understand the intention behind this but in my opinion its not fair as everyone works for prestige on their own. What if your guildleader just decides to get rid of you by kicking? Then all you've worked for is gone in just a second. I think prestige should just belong to you, its enough that you need a guild to spend it.
    b) items should be available to everyone regardless to your guilds level! YEEEEESSSS I KNOOOWWW, now lots of people will cry out, but give it a closer look. Of course guilds should be motivated to level up, but to be honest not for every guild it is a good idea to enter the world of war.
    Unfortunately the really attractive items are only available in higher ranks which is a dilemma for smaller guilds.
    My suggestion would be to regulate it a different way. All itmes should be available for everyone as long as you belong to a guild, but...the higher your guild is in level the cheaper the items prestige cost gets. So it is still attractive to push a guild for those who want to go that way, but it is no longer a force. For example in our guild we are very continous, have a good community and we are deliberately not too many people. Most of us are farmers and crafters, but a few love to do pvp. Now we have the problem that all of us agreed to stay below lvl 3, cause due to a calculation our small number would have to work their a.... off to buy peace scrolls. We are not even interested in declaring war to others, but for our pvp guys its hard that they havent any chance to get the interesting cloaks or gems to improve their gearscore needed for pvp. As we all play and love archeage I would prefer that items with such a tremendous importance or benefits (like gems) to be available for all!

7. Dungeons LFG system
    Now I'd like to present one of my most important considerations.
    As dungeons are not an open world content, why not locate them differently and connect them to all other servers? Ok maybe still differ between NA and EU, but my idea behind is that the developers should bring up a new lfg system where you can promote your group and others can join no matter from which servers they come from.
    How can that look like? Lately we got a new category in our "port book" called dungeons. What if next to every dungeon you get a symbol to click on and a window opens where you can see available groups to join. As every dungeon is limited to a special amount of ppl you can join alone or with groupmembers as long as it just fills up to maximum. Concrete: You have a group of 3 and want do Serpentis. You enter Serpentis. Now groupleader enters LFG system and marks your roles and what kind of players are needed. For example--> Tank+Healer+DD (can also be shown as dots in the known colours) looking for Healer+....(also shown as dots in the known colours with blue means that no special role is required). On the other hand lets say you are a group of 3 that wants to join this existing promoted group, then you mark it in list and press join, then a window opens where you have to mark your roles to avoid just ppl joining although there are maybe requirements. After that the groupleader gets a joining request and has to accept it, if he does so you are added to his group like if you join a raid with a group. Same procedure of course when you are just single joining. This will happen until the maximum group limit for that dungeon is reached or group leader decides amount of people is enough and deletes advertisement from list. Another information which should be shown from the beginning is how loot is handled. A group leader has to decide this before entering the lfg system and its not able to change this setting afterwards. This should prevent abuse. So a person/group willing to join can clearly see before applying if lootmaster is activated or if it is free for all. Of course a group can talk about special things before they start in group chat. Further it should NOT be possible to kick a person unless there isnt an inactivity for more than 3 minutes. This should also prevent abuse whereas it must be possible at any time to leave a group. Then of course it must be possible to promote the group again to fill up if needed. If you just leave group you will be outsend the dungeon like usual, if groupleader leaves lead will autiomatically passed on to one of the remaining, still it is not possible to chnage loot options for the group even if lead was passed!
    The idea behind this is that you have more possibilities to do dungeon runs and must not give up on it only because noone on your server reply when asking for people in faction or guild chat. According to the fact that doing dungeons got more attractive because of all the new possibilities and needed items for upgrading your dungeon stuff plus that they are a part of daily achievements it would be an absolutely usefull improvement to bring up such a new lfg system!

8. Musicpaper topics
    Ok this is a very personal desire, but surely not only mine. WHY THE HELL is the number of letters which can be put in a song title that f..... low???? You have a whole row but arent allowed to use it even fully. This is really annoying and HAS to be changed urgently. I for example craft songs and sell them. You wont believe how often its not possible to name a song just how it is called because of that stupid restriction to a minimum. This makes it on the one hand difficult to organize your own songs especially if you have many and on the other hand sometimes nearly impossible for buyers from auctionhouse to get a glimpse which song is meant. Please make it possible to use at least the full row to name a song, would make it so much easier for us tunes loving musicians!

9. Dissolving Raids...
    Concerning faction events like Halcyona, MM or any rifts a raid leader should not be able to "blow" the raid. This only leads to problems which can be avoided. I have seen persons blowing raids and then from one second to the next the event was interrupted because the remaining ones had to be reinvited. Maybe it would be a good idea to disable that function so that a raidleader can only pass lead or if he leaves it will be passed automatically as usual.

10. Last but not least...passing on Accounts
    First I want to say that I am not personally involved but have made up my mind about it nevertheless after listening to a hot debate about it.
    So far passing on accounts or sharing accounts is strictly forbidden but let's face it..it happens everywhere and always in any games. So why not make it possible and legal in cooperation with the developers? It could work like this: Someone who wants to take over an account from another person can find a button for this on the webshop. Then a document opens where current and future E-mail adress plus Data from new person and has to be filled in and an arrangement fee has to be accepted. Then Trion can send an email to the actual user to confirm that account can be transferred to a new user. After this happened the deal is complete and the new E-mail is connected to the account and fee is coming due. When first log in with a changed Email connected to that account the new user automatically is invited to change password.
    I don't know if Trion is even interested in that option and of course it will not fully prevent the fact that accounts are passed on illegally, but I am pretty sure that there will be a considerable number of people who would prefer to pay an arrangement fee of lets say 20 to make it legal and safe. Trion would earn at least money instead of letting it just happen behind their backs.

Ok for today I will end my little top 10 improvemet suggestion list and hope it will be seen, discussed and in best case game-changing;D

Love you all, enjoy yourselves and wish you all the best - happy gaming ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    bleh bleh bleh bleh
    dream on lel
    Yes, I just kicked you

The uninstall button is the greatest weapon you have against Trion/XL's Tyranny

[excessive long post snipped]

If you really want people to take your input seriously, dont throw a book at them. Make clear, concise points and follow-up with more info. Vomiting into a forum post guarantees that 90% of the forum readers will IGNORE YOUR POST.
    Dirrty
    <Spetsnaz>
    Kraken West

Quote Originally Posted by MonolithD View Post
    Social media is cancerous because of social vanity, they want to ruin things they don't agree with.

Purpling should have greater consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by dirrtygmoney View Post
    [excessive long post snipped]

If you really want people to take your input seriously, dont throw a book at them. Make clear, concise points and follow-up with more info. Vomiting into a forum post guarantees that 90% of the forum readers will IGNORE YOUR POST.
    This is true...I often get ignored and feel rejected. ...and honestly, I skipped your post and just went to Dirrty's response as they make me smile.

Purpling should last longer and have more consequences. Being able to easily change in and out of purple is ridiculous. People can do things like come down to GR, turn purple, destroy all the haulers with a god's whip, and then flip back green so that others have to gain crime points for killing them. There needs to be given more time for people to retaliate.

Regarding Mistmerrow and Halcyona, the auto-raid system actually does go a little way towards discouraging purpling in situations where there's only one raid. People, at least, have to drop raid to purple. But it is beyond irritating how many people are childish enough to find it hilarious to blow up their own side with a scorch bomb once Halcyona is over. I imagine in busier servers with multiple raids things can get really messy with the purpling. This, again, would be less irritating if they stayed purple long enough for people to kill them without infamy points. I don't see them changing the rules on purpling at faction events though.

Regarding purpling at Mistmerrow, it does have one legitimate use- if someone is deliberately sabotaging their own faction's side. It happens fairly often that someone keeps capping for whatever reason despite repeated calls for them to stop. While I do not like to see people purple on their own faction, there is in that case a legitimate reason to do so.

Pls consider that this was my first post, I do not force ppl to read my "book". I just wanted to write down my considerations after playing archeage 1year. But its interesting how some ppl directly take the chance to be unfriendly. To the others, ty for reading and like I said, I'm not going to write books forever^^
    In addition I would love to read some constructive answers to the different points on my list. I didnt write this "essay" because I am interested in your opinion if its too long, I wrote it just as a summary of different ideas. I am very interested in your opinions about one or more points from that list. Ty

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    Pls consider that this was my first post, I do not force ppl to read my "book". I just wanted to write down my considerations after playing archeage 1year. But its interesting how some ppl directly take the chance to be unfriendly. To the others, ty for reading and like I said, I'm not going to write books forever^^
    My post wasn't meant to be unfriendly at all. I apologize if it came across that way. I was just being brutally honest. You made some intelligent and well-reasoned arguments but they were lost amid the sheer volume of your post. I merely wanted you to be more efficient in your communication. That's all.

The Internet generation has an acronym for posts like yours -- tl;dr (too long;didn't read)

Again, my apologies if I offended you. That wasn't my intent.
    Dirrty
    <Spetsnaz>
    Kraken West

Quote Originally Posted by MonolithD View Post
    Social media is cancerous because of social vanity, they want to ruin things they don't agree with.

+ Reply to Thread