+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Nothing changed since launch?

Nothing changed since launch?

I was thinking of returning to AA last having played it at the end of 2014 after the launch. So I stopped to check the forums and what it seems is that nothing changed since then. Execpt all the players left that weren't driven away already by the terrible launch...

Server and login issues still exist
    The hackers and botters are still here
    The patrons are still getting screw'd
    Devs and GMs still don't do anything
    Most of the players are still unhappy with the current state of the game

On top of that, all the servers exept the few where everyone is cramming into, are empty.

Now, this is the image I get from the state of the game according to the forums and it sure doesn't appeal to me or any other old or new to come back to the game.

The forums are like a giant ticketing system. People only come here to put in their complaints. You won't really see any positive comments.

Despite their downfalls, I still have fun and enjoy the game. I've played consistently since release. I really don't think ANY game out there is perfect.
    BDO has already had their forums blow up with rage posts. :P
    -`ღ- Synna -`ღ-
    Cleric | tbd
    ᕙ(Ծ _Ծ‶)ᕗ

In BDOs case, I believe it was because of extended maintenance. Something about it taking 1 hour longer than it was supposed to be. But I don't think there's constant DC and being entered back into 3k to 10k queue like with AA when it started.

Anyways, back to the original topic. Dunno how much you read the forums but with quickly eyying around about 2/3 on every page is something being wrong/broken in the game.

So seeing you're from Kyrios where everyone transferred to, how long log in queues you have if at all? Not sure what server I did play but if there's any truth in here it's propably something not worth continuing and I will propably tranfer to Kyrios then.

Quote Originally Posted by Razenkai View Post
    I was thinking of returning to AA last having played it at the end of 2014 after the launch. So I stopped to check the forums and what it seems is that nothing changed since then. Execpt all the players left that weren't driven away already by the terrible launch...

Server and login issues still exist
    The hackers and botters are still here
    The patrons are still getting screw'd
    Devs and GMs still don't do anything
    Most of the players are still unhappy with the current state of the game

On top of that, all the servers exept the few where everyone is cramming into, are empty.

Now, this is the image I get from the state of the game according to the forums and it sure doesn't appeal to me or any other old or new to come back to the game.
    Thanks for visiting us. Please return again in 2018 and update us on your findings.

Trying to get an accurate state of a game from its message boards is like polling people who are upset about something and getting a "fair and balanced" view on a subject.

NEver turns out well

Gotta remember the general consensus on MOST MMO forums is "X sucks and Y is better, why cant we have Y". Nevermind that 90+ percent of any gaming population doesnt involve itself in official forums and you generally have a negative view on MOST things if you just look at the forums.

That said the "Nothing has changed" view you have since launch could probably be leveled by any skeptic on any forum for any MMO and is generally...not very helpful at large.

Op you are really doing yourself in by listening to the forums as oppose to playing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by DesiGG View Post
    BDO has already had their forums blow up with rage posts. :P
    lol I saw that

In BDOs case, I believe it was because of extended maintenance. Something about it taking 1 hour longer than it was supposed to be. But I don't think there's constant DC and being entered back into 3k to 10k queue like with AA when it started.

Anyways, back to the original topic. Dunno how much you read the forums but with quickly eyying around about 2/3 on every page is something being wrong/broken in the game.

So seeing you're from Kyrios where everyone transferred to, how long log in queues you have if at all? Not sure what server I did play but if there's any truth in here it's propably something not worth continuing and I will propably tranfer to Kyrios then.
    There was a lot of anger about the pack mix-up too. xD

I haven't experienced any queues and I'm not sure about other servers, I'm a Kyrios native - so I'll always be biased. I've made a lot of friends here, so I enjoy playing with my ppls. I would say the community can be a bit angry or toxic but if you find the right people you enjoy being with, then you should be good. There's always drama to entertain everyone.

I honestly haven't (nor have any of my friends) encountered most of bugs they've posted on the forums. Nothing that a re-log couldn't fix, at least.
    -`ღ- Synna -`ღ-
    Cleric | tbd
    ᕙ(Ծ _Ծ‶)ᕗ

Quote Originally Posted by MonolithD View Post
    Op you are really doing yourself in by listening to the forums as oppose to playing the game.
    I thought getting some opinions from the forums would give some insight opposing to using hours to install and update the game and then wandering around for how long to catch up and ask around in-game. There are some downsides to it like few guys already demonstrated but then there are some useful people like DesiGG.

I thought getting some opinions from the forums would give some insight opposing to using hours to install and update the game and then wandering around for how long to catch up and ask around in-game. There are some downsides to it like few guys already demonstrated but then there are some useful people like DesiGG.
    I think its for sure a time sink, you can't just jump in and be top tier gear without a lot of effort or $$$. I think that's a drawback for new, or returning, players. You kinda gotta stair step your way to bigger and better gear. Start small, work your way up. Takes some time. Or you sell a lot of APEX and buy your gear, lol.
    -`ღ- Synna -`ღ-
    Cleric | tbd
    ᕙ(Ծ _Ծ‶)ᕗ

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast