+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 57 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: X Up For Fair Play: A warning against using third-party programs

1.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #191
    ArcheAge Associate Producer Celestrata Bloodsong's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tascavengur View Post
    The only thing I can think of, but should not matter for this game is CheatEngine....
    Our new security programs do also look for applications that could be used to allow a cheat of any type. If you were running CheatEngine, this is why you would have received a warning.
    Seraphina "Celestrata" Brennan
    Associate Producer, ArcheAge
    Scheherazade -- Morpheus <Haranya Preservation Society>

Looking for help? Contact our support team! | Visit the website for the latest news
    | Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata Bloodsong View Post
    Look at this not as a second chance, but as the final chance. From here on out, our policy on permanent bans will be upheld, regardless of a person's tenure with the game.
    So you are giving a " final chance " to people who used 3rd party program ?
    Kinda fun politic coming from the community manager who perma banned a whole guild for an in game bug ..

Archeage staff is killing this game, a final chance to ab users, i dont even know if i should laugh or cry, ♥♥♥♥ing done with this ♥♥♥♥
    JHii - PiNk GM - Prophecy - West
    Jhianahaha on Youtube

ROFL. I feel sorry for Celestra that she actually has to 'sell' this crap news to us as positive. It obviously means that Trino has caught so many so-called legit players cheating that it would hurt Trino to ban them.

What happened to the zero tolerance policy that Trino always claimed to have? This is shameful.

Isn't that illegal to scan the active process's of someone's computer?

Our new security programs do also look for applications that could be used to allow a cheat of any type. If you were running CheatEngine, this is why you would have received a warning.

I don't know why people are so focused the punishment part rather than the solution part of this issue. We all knew players were cheating and now people wont be able to anymore and if they do, they know there will be consequences. The Levi permaban was over the top in my opinion and the 1 day suspension for the freedich port was a little too lax but hey its their game and their call. So, I say thank you Trion cause now maybe I can win a land demo, get some raw stone when I mine, and win some bids on the AH. Suck it cheaters -- you had your fun now its time to play like the rest of us and consider yourself lucky that you get to keep all the ♥♥♥♥ you got while stepping on the backs of legit players.

I saw in YouTube some one using mechanized Lego contraption to repeatedly press certain hotkeys to do crafting every 3 second after the skill reloads. I was wondering if such things can be against the rules and could Trion be able to detect such things. I have never done any of this illegal stuffs, I'm simply curious.
    Also I'm glad they are finally removing lots of bot users cause they are pain in neck for me when I try to mine stones. also I'm hoping there be less Ah bots/or hackers that uses program to outbid others at the last micro second(i'm not sure if this rumor is true).

Quote Originally Posted by CrackedPepper View Post
    I don't know why people are so focused the punishment part rather than the solution part of this issue. We all knew players were cheating and now people wont be able to anymore and if they do, they know there will be consequences. The Levi permaban was over the top in my opinion and the 1 day suspension for the freedich port was a little too lax but hey its their game and their call. So, I say thank you Trion cause now maybe I can win a land demo, get some raw stone when I mine, and win some bids on the AH. Suck it cheaters -- you had your fun now its time to play like the rest of us and consider yourself lucky that you get to keep all the ♥♥♥♥ you got while stepping on the backs of legit players.
    Because most people will insist that they weren't as bad as the 'real cheaters' because they only used cheat programs once (♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥) or had it downloaded, but never used and forgot to uninstall (also ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥). Basically a bunch of people whining because they think they should be allowed to cheat while no one else can.

Quote Originally Posted by CrackedPepper View Post
    have they removed the AH bots? o.O

If Trion are serious about it, we should not see any 1k gold transactions via AH and 1 stone brick/lumber whatever re-listed over and over again.

EDIT: I will say "Thank you, Trion!" when i see the words in action.

1k gold transactions is most likely the work of gold sellers sending gold to their buyers. Will be interesting to see if the cheap single items disappear though, you're right.

Wait, have I missed some kind of notification on one of the updates or have you installed spyware on our pcs against our knowledge?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 57 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast