+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 57

Thread: Comment on Mergers

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekikyo View Post
    I only met one land baron on Nebe and he had the north Rookeborne bluffs.
    Hi Rekikyo, I'm still on Sirothe but in Perinoor tier 3 now.

  2. #22
    Senior Member Spiri2al's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,169
    when can i transfer off of morpheus? :/
    Bofa- <Sin> Reckoning /w me for L33t Strats

    RIP:
    Eros <Sin> Tahyang
    Eros/Ananda <Tempest> Nazar
    Eros <Bad Blood> Morpheus
    Bofa <Inc> Morpheus
    Eros <Sin> <Wrath> Salphira
    Eros <Grievance> <Misfits><ASL> Salphira





    "There can be only one"

  3. #23
    Senior Member Rekikyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,435
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldNugget View Post
    To address one of the original questions of the thread, yes, rules for mergers have undoubtedly changed.

    To be honest, it's unlikely that they'll be done again. With the introduction of the guild leveling system, there is so much more tied up in forcing 2 servers to start over, they just won't do it because of the fallout it would cause. Once a server is actually costing them money, they'll most likely offer everyone on it a free transfer, because they are shutting it down. Expect no more server merges.
    For your logic to be correct, you'd have to assume thousands of accounts would purely just be 'deleted' for not taking the free transfers. You'd also have to speculate about the fact everyone on a dead server is going to lose their land, lose their assets, and not be able to transfer even a fraction of what they own, spent time and effort in, and it's far WORSE than when the first mergers occured.

    On a forced transfer, I will never have my names, will lose 32 or so 24X24's a Spring mansion, a thatch, 2 treehouses, and 9 chests worth of 100 stacks of resources (not including my 3 otherworld storages).

    Do you think they are just going to delete accounts that refuse the free transfer? probably not. They will force merge them. And, a merger is far more fair to the masses than a forced transfer, because a merger at least gives them grounds to trace your land ownership and give you prebuilt designs to rush and place when you are back in game.

    The only way mergers will not happen is if we magically bring back players, and resaturate the servers. If not, they will close servers down, and will do so via mergers.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    - Away -
    Posts
    10,309
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekikyo View Post
    What I'm saying is, with our abundance of pavilions and now land barons, we can easily prevent your 9 24 strings simply by owning too much.
    Enough people play to take up the land, thanks for proving the point. People are land barons because land is valuable. If there are no people to want the land it has no value and there is no point in being a baron anymore.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Rekikyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,435
    Quote Originally Posted by Traciatim View Post
    Enough people play to take up the land, thanks for proving the point. People are land barons because land is valuable. If there are no people to want the land it has no value and there is no point in being a baron anymore.
    no.... people are land barons because land WAS valuable, and they don't want to lose their investments (Sunken cost fallacy). They also like the freedom to plant huge pine plantations without being at a random risk of some troll finding it in the wild (Even though nebe was super dead, during their boredom, someone always discovered pines I planted in the wild, and brought 5 people to ruin it for me).

    I'd estimate for any given map on Ollo, we have maybe 5-8 land owners atm. That's about 80-90 players owning land per continent, 1 per island, and probably about 140 owners on Nuian side. Auroria has about 10 land owners per map, many who are duplicates of land owners in the main continents.

    If you consider that, that's maybe about 300 total land owners. Except, instead of not owning land from the server's onset, we instead have people who built empires, and now refuse to demo them or let them demo, because they put all that work in.

    You probably had 300 land owners on janudar. But, they each only owned 1-3 properties. I owned 12 Gazebos and 3 Thatches on Nebe, and the entire rest of my zone was empty.




    (In the third image, the cluster of gazebos is all mine...)
    Better seen in



    I made that farm 2 months into game, and Nebe still had land open.

    But Nebe's pvp was more active than Ollo's is now..... Even with dead farm zones, we had whole guilds of farm pvpers on Nebe.....

  6. #26
    Yeah Nebe was more dead before the merge than Ollo today.At that time and server, we captured >10 connecting 16x16s at the falcorth jump in rookborne. Kinda harder to do that in Ollo at these times. For your information, before the paid server transfer, at log in at time were most NA sleep, my char jury queue range from 230-250th but at now it ranges from 120-150th. Yeah, there is a decrease but still many are left in jury queue. Noting this at underestimate of the log-in population in EAST plus you add up the case in the WEST, Ollo is still populated. Further, its quite hard to see demoed 16x16s spot to go unclaimed for more than a day in safe zones.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Rekikyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,435
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollux of Ollo View Post
    Yeah Nebe was more dead before the merge than Ollo today.At that time and server, we captured >10 connecting 16x16s at the falcorth jump in rookborne. Kinda harder to do that in Ollo at these times. For your information, before the paid server transfer, at log in at time were most NA sleep, my char jury queue range from 230-250th but at now it ranges from 120-150th. Yeah, there is a decrease but still many are left in jury queue. Noting this at underestimate of the log-in population in EAST plus you add up the case in the WEST, Ollo is still populated. Further, its quite hard to see demoed 16x16s spot to go unclaimed for more than a day in safe zones.
    There's been 3 16's in Arcum right near your own land, at Widesleeves open for the last 2 months.

    Most of the west Arcum land has vacancy issues, and I'd even finding gaps in Ynystere and Mahadevi.
    I'm well aware of before transfers to after. Before transfers my guild had 100 people cap constantly. Coupling Server transfers with BD, about 15 of those, the most high geared ones, went to Kyrios. About 23 went to BDO. We've had 2 guilds sent 3-4 members to us so we're sitting around 64 members now.

    I just logged on and saw 191 in queue for jury.
    However, something to consider: The alliance has an alt guild with toons always on, and all 55 as well. Furthermore, we have our share of afk's. When I serve on jury, 3 of 5 jurors are some alts that I don't even know. I'd gander probably 120 of those 191 players eligible for jury are alts or afks.

    If you monitor Faction chat, the only times it's even active now, is when I stir up trouble, or when someone else like Sharrel stirs up trouble and gets trolled by the alliance. Otherwise, it's dead chat.

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,299
    No matter how you want to spin it, the games population is abysmal lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliantha View Post
    A mother, father, and their mute son were sitting at the breakfast table as they had done every day that they were a family. On this day the mother and father were discussing their plans for the day when all of a sudden their mute son says "My cornflakes are soggy." The parents look at their son in disbelief and then the mother manages to say "You can talk! We thought you were a mute!" The son frowns and says "Of course I can talk, but up until now everything has been fine."
    I love this.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekikyo View Post
    There's been 3 16's in Arcum right near your own land, at Widesleeves open for the last 2 months.

    Most of the west Arcum land has vacancy issues, and I'd even finding gaps in Ynystere and Mahadevi.
    I'm well aware of before transfers to after. Before transfers my guild had 100 people cap constantly. Coupling Server transfers with BD, about 15 of those, the most high geared ones, went to Kyrios. About 23 went to BDO. We've had 2 guilds sent 3-4 members to us so we're sitting around 64 members now.

    I just logged on and saw 191 in queue for jury.
    However, something to consider: The alliance has an alt guild with toons always on, and all 55 as well. Furthermore, we have our share of afk's. When I serve on jury, 3 of 5 jurors are some alts that I don't even know. I'd gander probably 120 of those 191 players eligible for jury are alts or afks.

    If you monitor Faction chat, the only times it's even active now, is when I stir up trouble, or when someone else like Sharrel stirs up trouble and gets trolled by the alliance. Otherwise, it's dead chat.
    3 16x16s near my land in Widesleeves? For the last 2 as in TWO months? Please avoid exaggeration (like 2x or 3x the actual) just to prove your point (That is why I always hold back before i accept the facts/number you put in) . Anyways, I only see one, the spot where you left and its a 16x16. I regularly check that area cause its a good spot for staging packs from WS, perinoor and hasla.

    Yeah, even if its an alt or not. The numbers are still good considering not all alts have quested for jury.

  10. #30
    Senior Member Rekikyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,435
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollux of Ollo View Post
    3 16x16s near my land in Widesleeves? For the last 2 as in TWO months? Please avoid exaggeration (like 2x or 3x the actual) just to prove your point (That is why I always hold back before i accept the facts/number you put in) . Anyways, I only see one, the spot where you left and its a 16x16. I regularly check that area cause its a good spot for staging packs from WS, perinoor and hasla.

    Yeah, even if its an alt or not. The numbers are still good considering not all alts have quested for jury.
    Um I am your neighbor......
    there was a 16 by south of the plaza kind of 2 rows over from the mansion area,
    and there was another that popped up diagonal from it.

    Mine's only been vacant since about 2 weeks ago, and Piercedangel said she was going to grab it.

    It's also only vacant because I found a 28X28 a little further down in the same area that had been sitting empty when i found it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts